Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Tournament Forum > Tournament Discussions

Old 06-02-2004, 06:27 AM   #1
Jefro

Jefro is on a distinguished road
Default National or local shoots?

Just curious what most of us shoot? National shoots or local shoots? How many shoots do you average a year? I shoot at least 1 local shoot a weekend and 3-4 national shoots a year.
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 09:20 PM   #2
Pinky

Pinky is on a distinguished road

I just got back into 3-D last year. I am shooting only local shoots.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:58 PM   #3
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Jefro is a great shooter. His knowledge and support on this board is very much appreciated. Lord knows he has helped me a few times.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 12:48 PM   #4
1 BO NUT

1 BO NUT is on a distinguished road

Used to shoot 3-4 local shoots a weekend and 3-4 national shoots a year. Changed jobs a while ago and lucky if I now shoot 1-2 local shoots a year. Hard to keep up the enthusiasm when you used to be able to compete at a pretty high level.
1 BO NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:27 PM   #5
WarChief

WarChief is on a distinguished road

The level of competition shouldn't be important. The importance should be in the effort you put forth and the fun you get from competeing regardless of ability or stature.
WarChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 09:45 PM   #6
CA Rcher12

CA Rcher12 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CA Rcher12 Send a message via Yahoo to CA Rcher12
Me? I'm personally not on the competitave side. I might shoot in San Diego's King Arthur Tournament. I think I can beat last year's scores.
CA Rcher12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:17 PM   #7
3darcher

3darcher is on a distinguished road

I shoot mostly local tournaments. I would like to shoot more National tournaments but can't make many because of my job. I may be able to make 3 or 4 this year.
3darcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:44 PM   #8
Devon Archer

Devon Archer is on a distinguished road
Default From UK wants info on USA shoots please

Hi everyone

We are a couple Ian & Brenda (man and wife) who are looking to come over to USA for holidays and archery, we shoot in UK field archery NFAS (National Field Archery Society) in which we shoot 3D, paper faces and loads of other things that they keep putting out to try and make us miss.

I shoot what is called over here Freestyle, recurve, sights, stabilisers etc and Brenda shoots Barebow, recurve, no sights, minimal stabiliser, 3 fingers under arrow release, first question we look at your styles and know you must shoot the same but can't quite work out what the matching style is over there

Brenda is National UK, 3D, Scottish champion in her class and I have won the National 3D championships in class 4 times (but been out of luck last year) so we would like to come and try our luck in the States

I am sure that there can't be much difference in the shooting between the USA and UK but have noticed some things in reading your USA shoot reports etc

The first is distances, we shoot at 3D in our champs unmarked distances at up to 90 yards at ELK, 70+ yards at standing bears and lions etc and down to 15 yards ish at rock rascals, maybe we dont hit the spots at these distances but hey it is fun

We shoot usually 36 or 40 targets during the day, with up to 3 attempts to hit the target and score,
our scores are first peg 24 for an inner kill, 20 for a large kill and 16 for a wound,
If you miss from the first peg you move closer to a second peg 14 for a kill 10 for a wound,
And if you miss then the third peg if you need it is 8 for a kill and 4 for a wound
If you miss the 3 arrows you wander off muttering to yourself and making up excuses for when you get back to the reception area

we all start together on the course with each target having usually 4 archers in the group,

Again am I interpreting the reports right when I think you seem to turn up sometime during the day and have one or more shoots around a circuit between range opening and closing times

Anyway we are looking at probably 2 trips in spring and summer so we can take in as many shoots as possible, any help or info on good shoots to go to would be more than welcomed

Please email me any info ianrboulton@yahoo.co.uk

Good shooting and have fun

Ian & Brenda
Devon Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:02 PM   #9
12X

12X is on a distinguished road

I shoot mostly 3D's localy and some indoor stuff for fun my wife is just the opp. she excells indoor and shoot's 3d for the fun of it.
12X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:04 AM   #10
Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict is on a distinguished road

Mostly local shoots but when there are any national events close I do go and compete in them like Oak ridge is one I also attend a few IBO triple crown shoots when they are in a close proxcemity of the house but I dont travel gread distances to shoot at national events

Now if there is any archery equipment manufacturers who want to foot the bill for my expenses and maybe a moderate salaryI would be more than happy to sign on board
Archeryaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:28 PM   #11
tnarcher

tnarcher is on a distinguished road

I shoot local shoots since getting the the national shoots require time off work and cash for expenses. Of course being in it just for the fun of it I don't guess it really maters.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:16 PM   #12
HuntersEdgeArchery

HuntersEdgeArchery is on a distinguished road

i shoot about 10 local indoor shoots in fall then i shoot about 5 outdoor local shoots. i try and make it to atleast the ASA shoot in Metropolis, Illinois
HuntersEdgeArchery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:31 PM   #13
HoytHunter

HoytHunter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HoytHunter

I am a member of an archery club that holds indoor 3-D shoots through out the months of January, February, and March. We also have shoots once a month I try very hard to make it to all of these shoots along with some of the other local shoots.
HoytHunter is offline   Reply With Quote