Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic

Old 04-01-2006, 08:53 AM   #1
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough
Default This thing is awesome!!

At work we just got a new Flow waterjet machine. Myself and another guy go to michigan for training this coming week. When the field service rep was there on thursday he showed us some things so we would not go into class blind. Flow has example programs in the machine and I got to cut out some cool stuff, I cut out a Elk bugeling, a coyote howling, a running horse for my wife and some other cool stuff. He wanted us to just keep cutting stuff to get some reps. in so our memory would soak it all in. Man the accuracy and detail on this thing is amazing. I would like to post pics but the sizes are all too big. I will try to figure it out. Oh also the field service rep and I were talking and come to find out that one of his customers is Mathews. And one of the companies that Mathews owns that is just down the road uses one of flows gantry style waterjets for cutting the limbs!!!! and they are one of his customers too!!

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Last edited by Radar; 04-01-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #2
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

You can use ms paint to shrink the size of the photos.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

Yeah those machines are really cool, have a guy here that dose alot of high end machine work with one, he says hes got enough work lined up to run it 24 7. its all he dose, hes cut some really cool stuff, he had a wood cutting job for some guy building some really wild shaped house, made like a puzzle out if it, and numberd all the parts, so it could be put together at the building sight, also he had some stuff he cut out out of 1 inch thick glass, was pretty cool. think it used a sand and water mix to do the cutting, the glass looked like he polished the ends after the cut, but this is the way it came out of the tank, i was impressed!!
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #4
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road
Talking

These things are awesome!!!
I've been using a Flow waterjet for just over a year now. it,s mind blowing what this thing can cut. We've got a 6'X12' tank and a dynamic head it can cut a square edge 8'' thick in any material you can imagine and any shape you can draw in the path program.I cut woodchuck silouettes out of plate for targets.

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #5
longcut36

longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about
Talking

will it cut up a deer
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:29 AM   #6
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

now thats a good question......

and how about a bow? maybe we could all get together and builda 3DSHOOTS.COM bow.....Chris could start selling them and make millions....can you imagine what it would be like all these great minds put together to make a great creation......people would love it....I am an evil genius.....
Old 10-24-2006, 08:12 AM   #7
Radar
Story of my life

man that would be cool. But I don't work there anymore. Had to move on when they would 'nt pony up the dough( Not just for me , for everyone). Two more people quit after I did. I work in the EDM dept. (Electrical Discharge Machine) at Woodward Governor company Aircraft Engine Systems now.

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Old 10-24-2006, 08:15 AM   #8
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Aircraft Engine Systems now.

Bet that would finally make a really fast bow.......
Old 10-24-2006, 09:23 AM   #9
longcut36

longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about

i was at a trade show once about 10 years ago. they had one set up and the guy would cut up salmon. no big deal all were straight cut. i done maint. on nc cnc controls mostly electronics. some mechanical if i had to. depending on union.anyway i remember wondering if the jets would be bad about stopping up. never did get to see one under actual working condition to see how they held up in shop.
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:20 AM   #10
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
Bet that would finally make a really fast bow.......
hmmm... wonder how fast a carbon arrow can go before it explodes....

only one way to find out
Old 10-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #11
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
hmmm... wonder how fast a carbon arrow can go before it explodes....

only one way to find out

Yup and I know a couple people that I would like to volunteer to hold the bow......I would like to watch but not to close of course .......
Old 10-25-2006, 08:53 PM   #12
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
i was at a trade show once about 10 years ago. they had one set up and the guy would cut up salmon. no big deal all were straight cut. i done maint. on nc cnc controls mostly electronics. some mechanical if i had to. depending on union.anyway i remember wondering if the jets would be bad about stopping up. never did get to see one under actual working condition to see how they held up in shop.
They're pretty reliable as long as the abrasive stays dry and is screened when it's put in the hopper. The jet is only .040" and cuts w/ 55,000 PSI water and garnet abrasive, so if there is anything in the garnet it will plug the jet. Our's has been having pump trouble lately, but when it's working it really is an awsome piece of machinery.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:12 AM   #13
Radar
Story of my life

Hey Brokenarrow, your shop did'nt go for the 60,000psi pump. Ya the intensifier pumps are pretty wild. Did you go to the class in michigan or seattle? They sent us up to michigan for a week. Learned alot about the maintenence on the pump. Man you gotta keep the parts clean or you can have major problems. My pump at the class was the one the instructor decided to mess with while we were at lunch to simulate problems.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:31 PM   #14
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Hey Brokenarrow, your shop did'nt go for the 60,000psi pump. Ya the intensifier pumps are pretty wild. Did you go to the class in michigan or seattle? They sent us up to michigan for a week. Learned alot about the maintenence on the pump. Man you gotta keep the parts clean or you can have major problems. My pump at the class was the one the instructor decided to mess with while we were at lunch to simulate problems.
I think were gonna upgrade the pump because of the problems w/ this one. It's not just maintainence issues, it's alot of little defects. You know the stuff that makes you go insane! We have less than 1000 hours on it. It even has the field techs cursing at it.
No I haven't taken the pump course yet, I hear it really helps.

Old 01-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #15
Lefteye

Lefteye is on a distinguished road
Default 409 kitchen cleaner and water jet linked

An aside on the water cutting jet; i knew the man who 'invented?' "Super Water" - an additive that would hold the water together for a tighter jet.
This fellow, an Englishman, also created '409' !
How does 100,000 psi sound ? - in a small jet?
Lefteye
Lefteye is offline   Reply With Quote