Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2005, 12:02 AM   #1
heavy dart

heavy dart is on a distinguished road
Default Target Panic

This winter my oldest son experienced target panic.I'd heard this term before but had thought it was some kind of joke.My son Corey is 16 and he was pushing me hard when we shot together.Then suddenly(and I mean suddenly) at a league competition he lost it.He could not hit the target anymore.I took him for lessons to see what could be done and target panic was immediatily identified as the problem.We were given lots of advise and exercises to do such as closing your eyes close to the target and shooting or turning down draw weight and drawing and then letting down over and over none of which Corey would do.He quit the league and would not shoot at all.
I didn't push it but continued to find out as much as I could about this strange infliction.I think I have read everything I could find on the web as it relates to archery.
Believe it or not most of us are affected to some degree we just think that the last bad shot we made
we must have torqued the bow or hammered the trigger
I did find a web site that was very interesting and has helped me help Corey(he's shooting again 3D's only)here's the address
http://www.alansarchery.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk see if you are a rim licker or like me the wild one(only once in a while )
Hope this helps someone out there
Regards heavy dart
heavy dart is offline   Reply With Quote