Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 02-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #41
kbohunt
are u a fat boy?

kbohunt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kbohunt
Default well

This Thread look's like a fun 1 to post in
Ha, I raise lab's that live in the house, i turn them out they dont go out of my sight.
If they were to not listen to me and go over to anyone of your houses and kill your chickins or dogs or harm you, You have my permission to shoot them or dispatch them in any way you see fit.
Be in control of your pets.
Like Smokes and so many others have said,Got a problem, take care of it,dont talk about it.

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
Arrows..beman ICS hunter
SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
FBSA-MEMBER
Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A
kbohunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #42
QSA
One eyed/Gutless wonder

QSA is on a distinguished road

All I was saying smokes is do unto others. So you would want someone to killer your pet? I am just offering a non lethal way to solve the issue at hand.
Not trying to test you friend.
I was just saying...

That works for bunny most of the time lol
message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol
QSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #43
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSA View Post
All I was saying smokes is do unto others. So you would want someone to killer your pet? I am just offering a non lethal way to solve the issue at hand.
Not trying to test you friend.
I was just saying...

That works for bunny most of the time lol
IF my rabbits are eating your garden........git'er done
Old 02-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #44
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
Ha, I raise lab's that live in the house, i turn them out they dont go out of my sight.
If they were to not listen to me and go over to anyone of your houses and kill your chickins or dogs or harm you, You have my permission to shoot them or dispatch them in any way you see fit.
Like Smokes and so many others have said,Got a problem, take care of it,dont talk about it.
wade on in Big Guy

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #45
QSA
One eyed/Gutless wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
Yes this theard should not have really been posted. I think he is looking for us to come up with other ways to handle to problim. Or he would have just took care of it. I still say rubber buck shot. That would be fun to see. Or pack the barrle with rock salt. It worked for hill folks.
message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol
Old 02-24-2008, 08:32 PM   #46
archer1983

archer1983 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
well I would not shoot them. That is just leaving yourself open for a law suit. What I would do is call the pound or animal control. Have them picked up. Make sure they know who the owners are. That way they will be fined for letting them run free. You do have a lesh law there right? But if they have to pay to get there dogs back and fines, then they may learn a lesson from it. But if you shoot them, then I hope your dog never gets loose. They will take it is a chance to shoot yours.
Good post!

Just a word of warning to anyone that hunts around me...if you ever shoot my dog...there will be serious consequences.
Oh yes, there will be blood.
archer1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #47
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer1983 View Post
Good post!

Just a word of warning to anyone that hunts around me...if you ever shoot my dog...there will be serious consequences.
So i let tha dog eat me up?

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Old 02-24-2008, 08:37 PM   #48
QSA
One eyed/Gutless wonder

This has got way off base. The question ask was not the dog attacking anyone. They were messing with his dog. You are getting into another think here.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #49
Holy Smokes

so i go in bearhanded and pull this amd dog off my dog let me tell you if I did'nt have aweapon i would be right in tha big middle of it

Old 02-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #50
QSA
One eyed/Gutless wonder

Here I will help, here is a link.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=180455
Double barrel, load a blank in one and rubber buckshot in the other.
Shoot the blank will stop the fight and get the dog moving, then second barrel in the butt. You will never see that dog around any more. And you do not have to dig a hole.

Last edited by QSA; 02-24-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #51
trussoni
Ninja Fighting Fool

trussoni is on a distinguished road

I posted a couple pics on this thread that I deleted in case someone found it offensive or something.

FBSA Member
http://www.thefbsa.com
Mathews Drenalin
Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second
trussoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #52
kbohunt
are u a fat boy?

kbohunt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kbohunt
Default yep

Quote:
Yes this theard should not have really been posted. I think he is looking for us to come up with other ways to handle to problim. Or he would have just took care of it. I still say rubber buck shot. That would be fun to see. Or pack the barrle with rock salt. It worked for hill folks.
Ive used .22 rat shot and bb guns and everything over the years

BUT HE IS TALKING ABOUT THE DOGS COMING OVER AND FIGHTING HIS DOG
READ AGAIN
GET IT!!!!

My brother raises chickens and some house dogs kept comeing over and messing with them, he called the sheriff and the sheriff visited the neighbors
after the visit he came back and told my brother if and when he caught them dogs on his property killing his chickens to shoot to kill.

Let's just say we have takin care of about a dozen dogs,fox's,yotes,a skunk possim's,you name it, in the past 15years
and he has lost about 100 chickens

IChime if those dogs got in a fight with your dog which was on a run
They will not stop, Take care of it.

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
Arrows..beman ICS hunter
SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
FBSA-MEMBER
Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A
kbohunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #53
Holy Smokes

Quote:
so i back up and shoot him and plaster my dog to

Old 02-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #54
QSA
One eyed/Gutless wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
so i back up and shoot him and plaster my dog to
sorry I had to finsh the post. Re read it.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #55
archer1983

Quote:
So i let tha dog eat me up?
yeah my golden retriever is a real killer bud.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:46 PM   #56
IChim2
IChim2 and he's a shooter

IChim2 is on a distinguished road

I did mention a third dog....it's the one that likes to come down at all hours of the night and bark at my beagle and wake us up at all hours of the night.After speaking to it's owners "as nice as possible".....they agreed that it would bother them if it was happening at their house....so they bought a pen for it.....by the way...i wouldn't have harmed it just for barking....but the other 2 were mean.
IChim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #57
Holy Smokes

Quote:
yeah my golden retriever is a real killer bud.
Man you are missing tha whole point
and you need ta knock off tha killer stuff
we are a bunch of adults round here and we try ta respect each other
how old are you my friend
young folks sometimes don't understand and try ta make a bad name for themselfs so ta compete with tha big boys
ya don'yt have ta do that here
just be cool and you'll fit in perfectly and be very much accepted by beeing cool and funny

Old 02-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #58
pred8er
He who eats fuzzy animals

pred8er is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Money out of there pockets will always work.

what do you want but load of rubber buckshot coming your way. Did you not read my post? I take it you do not have pets. Let me put it this way. I take care of my pets, Fenced in back yard. But the trash man leaves the gate open and my dogs will not leave the fence. But if they did, does that give you the right to shoot them? No They are a member of my family an I will deal with anyone that messes with them just as I would one of my kids.
There are non lethal ways of dealing with this problem.

Rubber Buckshot
This will also work on people unwanted on your land also. The courts will see you as a stand up guy for using it. It shows you have enough brains to handle the issues with a strong arm with out used deadly force.
Now inside my house, or lets say the doors and windows are the kill zone. Once crossed you will be rolled out with a sheet over you, toes up.
First off, yes I did read your post. Yes, I do have pets (three dogs, three cats and 2 ferrets) none of which get out of my yard because they have been TRAINED to listen and do what they are told. If they for some reason did leave the yard I would have absolutely no problem with someone taking care of buisness if they were harrassing them or destroying property, or if it was habitual. It then becomes my problem.

Just so you know, utilizing rubber bullets/buckshot can be seen by a jury as trying to inflict damage to cause pain and suffering. That is not going to help your case. "This man is smart enough to know how to cause the maximum amount of pain with out causing death, did he work at an Iraqi prison?" People have been sued because of the amount of damage these things do.

If your child was the one repeatedly destroying my property or habitulally coming in my yard, I would seriously consider hiring a lawyer to sue for "finacial endagerment". You, nor anybody here, can guarentee that if the child in question were to be hurt on my property that they would not sue me, therefore, that child is putting me at finacial risk by their actions.

Quote:
I never thought I would here that from you somkes. I for one never though I would see the day I would do this to you. You know the big books teachs peace. I under stand if they were attacking you or yours, but just coming around and doing dog things. I hae gave the best thing to do. Rubber buckshot will hurt like crap and most dogs learn from one round in the but.
The bible also says to do unto others, and this is a two way street......

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.
pred8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:58 PM   #59
archer1983

Quote:
Man you are missing tha whole point
and you need ta knock off tha killer stuff
we are a bunch of adults round here and we try ta respect each other
how old are you my friend
young folks sometimes don't understand and try ta make a bad name for themselfs so ta compete with tha big boys
ya don'yt have ta do that here
just be cool and you'll fit in perfectly and be very much accepted by beeing cool and funny
Bowhunting forum
Old 02-24-2008, 10:00 PM   #60
IChim2

BullSpotter....i don't know what to say,but it's apperent that you don't respect other people's property that they work hard for to call their own...i guess i'm glad were not neighbors.You know....these same 2 dogs that come down and jump on my rabbit dog has also been chasing the doe's that come to my feeders....and although i don't own the deer,i do a lot of work on my property that provides beding areas and food for the winter months that helps them when it comes time to give birth.I guess you think it's ok for you to own your property and anyones elses if you choose to.To each their own.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:02 PM   #61
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Bowhunting forum
Thank you A83

Old 02-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #62
pred8er
He who eats fuzzy animals

pred8er is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
Hey IChim2 No i dont think its ok to have other dogs running lose and messing with your dog and property, but dogs have the need to run around and cause trouble sometimes, or all the time. Weather they run free all the time, or get off their line or chain, they seem to like to go find stuff to get into, and cause some problems. Do you really think the dogs deserve to die, because their owners dont take near as good of care of them as they should!! Not really the dogs fault. Just think how you would feel if your dog got off somehow, and got shot cause it wanderd off onto some other property.
Get one of those cool net guns and catch the dog, call the pound and tell them you cought a stray dog on your property and they need to come get it. After several times of the owner having to go get their dog back they might do something. my .02.
Good idea. http://investigativeproducts.com/shootingnet.html Send me a check for $595.00 and I promise that I will use the money to buy one so I don't have to harm a dog. I don't think it should be my responsibility to have to buy something like this, but if your willing to pay for it, why not? It might be fun.

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.
pred8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #63
IChim2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
We kennel all 3 of our dogs, but I do let them out at least once a day, they do run off (don't always listen when I call them). I hope all the time that some grumpy dog hater doesn't get ahold of them. I try to keep them home, but sometimes they just want to run and they are always back quickly.

I don't mind that the neighbors dogs or cats hang out up here as long as they are not causing any problems. I would try NON lethal forces long before I would kill someones pet.
Wheels....Your misunderstanding my post....we always have dogs now and than that come around our house and i don't have much of a problem with that....i've walked on on my back deck many atimes of a morning and someones coon/fox hound was asleep on the rug and we fed and watered them and they went on their way.I'm talking about neighbors dogs that come down and want to fight/jump all over my rabbit dog....i just can't allow that to happen.I wouldn't harm someones dog for just passing through...
Old 02-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #64
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
Wheels....Your misunderstanding my post....we always have dogs now and than that come around our house and i don't have much of a problem with that....i've walked on on my back deck many atimes of a morning and someones coon/fox hound was asleep on the rug and we fed and watered them and they went on their way.I'm talking about neighbors dogs that come down and want to fight/jump all over my rabbit dog....i just can't allow that to happen.I wouldn't harm someones dog for just passing through...
well spoken and put like a gentelman

Old 02-24-2008, 10:17 PM   #65
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pred8er View Post
Good idea. http://investigativeproducts.com/shootingnet.html Send me a check for $595.00 and I promise that I will use the money to buy one so I don't have to harm a dog. I don't think it should be my responsibility to have to buy something like this, but if your willing to pay for it, why not? It might be fun.
I liked tha part where you could sleep safe a nd protected form robbers
if they have guns well they would just roll over and beg for mercy

Old 02-24-2008, 10:29 PM   #66
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, I would be pissed if dogs came and harrassed my dogs all the time. I have a new idea.....If you can catch them, just take them to a kennel/animal shelter a few towns away, I just don't agree with the killing unless they are a serious threat to you or your property.
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:45 PM   #67
OB1.25

OB1.25 is on a distinguished road
Default well,well

i hear a lot of people on here say don't kill them, call animal control! if i am not mistaken won't it go to a pound if its there to long they'll kill it, right?

i have the same problem with cats around my house. they always crap in my wifes flower bed, freakin cats! so i bought some rubber tips for my arrows, makes great pratice for the off season. you gotta do, what you gotta do.

(x2) 2007 Guardians 70# @29in.
GoldTip 5575
Gateway Razor feathers
Limb drivers, HHAs
meanv supressor, TruBall
OB1.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #68
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

IChim2. So how do you get that I dont respect other peoples property and think i own mine and anyone elses property if i chose to, by stating that i dont think your in the right by killing those dogs for messing with yours? Should those dogs be their doing that, no they shouldnt. You didnt say they hurt your dog, they jumped him..... is their a vet bill? Is your dog hurt? Trama? I could see more agressive action if they had tore your dog up, or killed it, or came after you or a family member. But by your first post, didnt seem that any damage was done. If you feel you need to kill them for what they did, well thats up to you. Lastly, their pry wouldnt be any issues with me living next to you, as far as dogs go, because I wouldnt let my dogs roam free, they would be kept properly.
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:58 PM   #69
IChim2

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, I would be pissed if dogs came and harrassed my dogs all the time. I have a new idea.....If you can catch them, just take them to a kennel/animal shelter a few towns away, I just don't agree with the killing unless they are a serious threat to you or your property.
Well....one of the owners that i went to...when i pulled up in front of their house and open my trk door(i was on the road and not his property)....the dog came off his porch a growling at me....sounds mean to me.The owner had to call the dog back and hold onto him by his collar while i spoke to him from a distance.I don't think trying to catch him....is an option.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #70
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB1.25 View Post
i hear a lot of people on here say don't kill them, call animal control! if i am not mistaken won't it go to a pound if its there to long they'll kill it, right?

i have the same problem with cats around my house. they always crap in my wifes flower bed, freakin cats! so i bought some rubber tips for my arrows, makes great pratice for the off season. you gotta do, what you gotta do.
I would say the stray dogs and such pry do get the x after so long, but any owner who has a lost dog, will pry go look for it, if they care at all. I would think anyways. Their are also lots of people who will get their pets from a animal shelter to save it from the x......
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:24 PM   #71
IChim2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
I would say the stray dogs and such pry do get the x after so long, but any owner who has a lost dog, will pry go look for it, if they care at all. I would think anyways. Their are also lots of people who will get their pets from a animal shelter to save it from the x......
We got our little rat terrior(my wifes lap dog that we adopted)..a year ago from a city dog pound that is a kill shelter.......i got my beagle out of a litter for 25$ from a man who was going to take the ones that didn't sell.....to a pound...we have 2 pet roosters that are loose in our yard 70% of the time....my daughter has a calico cat that stays outside.....But none of these animals ever venture out of our yard at ant time..let alone the other 8 acreas.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:09 AM   #72
Holy Smokes

Quote:
We got our little rat terrior(my wifes lap dog that we adopted)..a year ago from a city dog pound that is a kill shelter.......i got my beagle out of a litter for 25$ from a man who was going to take the ones that didn't sell.....to a pound...we have 2 pet roosters that are loose in our yard 70% of the time....my daughter has a calico cat that stays outside.....But none of these animals ever venture out of our yard at ant time..let alone the other 8 acreas.
IC2 are these Kickin' Chickens

Old 02-25-2008, 06:59 AM   #73
dodgensince74

Quote:
I let my dogs out to run and I am far from a Problem maker, I try to watch them and Play with them to keep them close, but sometimes they just take off, acting like they don't hear me (kinda like my kids sometimes )
I think its time for you to invest in some shock collers
Old 02-25-2008, 07:06 AM   #74
Hoyt1986
GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

Hoyt1986 is on a distinguished road

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Referral Link for Hoyt1986 http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8025
Hoyt1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:20 AM   #75
dodgensince74

Quote:
1st I would have not said a word to anybody
2nd tha dogs would have not went home
nuff said
I to must admit that I was surprised, but I do like what you said, it only goes to show everyone of us that you are human just like the rest of us. That is what we all are first, our calling what ever it may be comes in behind that.
I thank you for being honest with us
Old 02-25-2008, 07:22 AM   #76
dodgensince74

Quote:
Because he said he now the dogs and there owners.
He is talking about what he would do if this situation were to happen to him, as we are all doing.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 AM   #77
dodgensince74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
I PAY TAXES ON MY PROPERTY..........ITS MINE......KEEP YOUR DOG ON YOURS.......

I am a little suprized at smokes answer but HE IS RIGHT ON THIS ONE.......

if my dog, causes issues, than by all means TAKE CARE OF IT.........

ITS A FRIGGEN DOG FOLKS........GET A FREAKIN GRIP........

Exactly how I feel Bunnyman, there is no excuse for a persons dog roam off your property onto someone elses with out the other property owners permission.

If my dogs get out of my yard my nieghbors are free to do what they feel they must do, they do not know my dogs and what they may do or are what they may be capable of doing.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:39 AM   #78
dodgensince74

Quote:
Good post!

Then you might want to learn how to control your dog, instead of putting blame on the shooter.

Even bird dogs in the field hunting birds are not suppose to stray from the hunter, if they do then they are not well trained.

Do you really think that some one that shot your dog would not take action to protect themselves from the irate owner of the dog they shot.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:01 AM   #79
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgensince74 View Post
I to must admit that I was surprised, but I do like what you said, it only goes to show everyone of us that you are human just like the rest of us. That is what we all are first, our calling what ever it may be comes in behind that.
I thank you for being honest with us
Yes sir bud
I put my pants on just like you
1 leg at a time.
I do try ta stay with in tha limits of tha Bible on every decision I make
i am under tha maginfying glass of society and rightly so
and some of tha PC stuff ,like not protecting yoreself and calling tha police to protect you just ain't what hta consitution says
I'd be shot full of holes by tha time they got there

i really want to clarify one thing
and I will say it agian
if a domestic animal comes into my yard and is just crusing
I take a bottle rocket nad shoot it yes at them
by tha time tha fuse and tha scream gits ta going they have high tailed it out.
I do not shoot them
I find no pleasure in just killing an animal
so pls don't ban me Wheels

Old 02-25-2008, 08:22 AM   #80
MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter is on a distinguished road

i get dogs in my yard all the time from the people that live around me. all of the owners have come up to me and tell me there sorry and thats fine there all good dogs all there dogs are nice and they play with mine so its not a big deal. not to mention it doesnt happen all the time. but if one comes into my yard and attacks my dogs..... its not leaving on its own.
MichiganHunter is offline   Reply With Quote