Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 11-15-2006, 11:23 AM   #1
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road
Default Rinehart practice "Ball" target...What a blast...

I just bought a Rinehart practice "Ball" target. It's about 10" in diameter with a rope handle, flat spot/weight on bottom with several flourscent green spots on it. You throw it out in your shooting area and the weight/flat spot causes it to sit up the same each time. You take your best guess on the distance, draw your bow, and fire away.

This thing is a blast. I love it. It's made out of the same stuff their other 3D and 18-1 targets are made of. I paid $25 for it and it's worth every penny. It's relatively small so it fits easily in any storage spot, car trunk, closet, etc... Whomever came up with this idea at Rinehart deserves a Christmas bonus this year.

Very cool and fun practice product.

Anybody else have one of these ?

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 is on a distinguished road
Default sounds fun

ive seen those in magazines and stuff, always thought they would be fun to have, and good practice for yardage estimation as well. where do they sell them? I have a bass pro and a cabelas nearby, surely one of them would have them.
hoyt_hunter007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
I just bought a Rinehart practice "Ball" target. It's about 10" in diameter with a rope handle, flat spot/weight on bottom with several flourscent green spots on it. You throw it out in your shooting area and the weight/flat spot causes it to sit up the same each time. You take your best guess on the distance, draw your bow, and fire away.

This thing is a blast. I love it. It's made out of the same stuff their other 3D and 18-1 targets are made of. I paid $25 for it and it's worth every penny. It's relatively small so it fits easily in any storage spot, car trunk, closet, etc... Whomever came up with this idea at Rinehart deserves a Christmas bonus this year.

Very cool and fun practice product.

Anybody else have one of these ?

Ron

wow 25 bux is CHEAP! I was looking at getting one a while ago but though that they were in the 90+ range.
http://shop.3dshoots.com/product_inf...products_id=66
Old 11-15-2006, 05:15 PM   #4
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Yep, I seen one at the archery shop and thought wow that would be cool then I seen the $75 price tag and said ouch not that cool.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #5
hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 is on a distinguished road

looks like fun, but 75-85 bucks is too rich for my blood......
hoyt_hunter007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:32 PM   #6
Frank

Frank is on a distinguished road

Ronhop,
Where did you pick-up the target for that price? I want one, the one I saw was very pricey thou. So just post the location (address and phone # so I can order mine up).
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:58 AM   #7
Ronhop
RIP

I got mine at a place called Scheels All Sport in Iowa City, IA. It's in a place called Coral Ridge Mall, right off of I-80. I'm working on a contract job out there and went in there during lunch one day and that's when I saw it. I thought about it for a couple of days and went back there and bought it. I paid $24.99+tax. I have no clue if they do mailorder or not. The store is huge, bigger than any Dick's Sporting Good's store I've ever been in. If they don't have it, you don't need it. Their hunting section is huge.

I went to Rineharts web site and saw that they have 2 sizes of the ball, in addition to the 18-1. The ones you guys saw for $75-85 must be the larger ball. Mine is about 10 to 11 inches in diameter and might weight 10 pounds.

I'll see if I can get a phone number out of a phone book and post it.

Ron
Old 11-16-2006, 08:08 AM   #8
Ronhop
RIP

OK, I found a web site for Scheels.

http://www.scheelssports.com

Click on the 'locations' bar on the upper right. Looks like they do mail-order but the site is very lame and not content-rich like Basspro and Cabelas. They don't show anything but 'specials' on the site. The locations do have phone numbers though. The closest store to the East is the Iowa City store.

Check it out.

Ron
Old 11-16-2006, 08:18 AM   #9
chuck7413

chuck7413 is on a distinguished road

As far as I know Rinehart makes the bigger, $80, target and a couple of smaller ball targets.
chuck7413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:32 AM   #10
Ronhop
RIP

Look at the bottom of this price sheet from Rinehart. There are 2 balls, although they show the one I have as being 9". It's definitely more like 10 inches.

http://www.rinehart3-d.com/retail-prices.html

Ron
Old 11-16-2006, 09:23 AM   #11
papito
Petering it since 06

papito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to papito

That sounds cool, they look like fun.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:47 AM   #12
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

If you ever shot a Rinehart target you would know why they are more expensive. They last WAY longer than anything else. We use the 18-1 in our range and let guys fire broadheads into them.

This target normally lasts us through hunting season. Try that with any other target. I will not name names but other broadhead targets didn't last a week in our range. The Rinehart 18-1 is still going strong.

So in comparision I would have to buy 4-5 of the "other guys" targets or a single Rinehart. I'll take the one Rinehart it's cheaper by far in the long run.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:20 PM   #13
Ronhop
RIP

Yeah, Chris.
I don't know what kind of foam these things are made of but I'll tell you what, I shot about 100 arrows into this thing so far and you can barely tell. When I'm done with my bag target I'm buying a Rinehart 18-1. That thing will probably last me for years. I really like this ball. I think it's an excellent value and a lot of fun to shoot with. You might consider selling them in your online store. I don't know what it would cost to ship one, but I can tell you they would arrive intact no matter who the carrier was...

Ron