Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Tournament Forum > Rinehart R100 Tournaments

Old 07-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road
Default Wabash R100 Camping Information at Bass and Bucks....

This was already posted in the General Archery section but asked a mod to create a sticky for it. We're going to need a rough count of vehicles/tents that will be at the B&B camp sight on the grounds of the R100 in Wabash.

After everyone posts I will take a tally and call Glenn from B&B and ask him to reserve a large space for us so we can camp together.

Please focus posts to this thread on topic so we can be a little bit more organized. i will do the footwork to get us space reserved but I'll need your help in keeping this post on topic...

Thanks...

Here is what I posted some time ago after I spoke to B&B in Wabash. One thing I missed posting was that it's $10 a night to camp. I'm not sure if that's per tent, per person or what. I will call and add a post to verify the answer to that question.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I spoke with Glenn from Bass and Bucks this morning. I told him who we were/where we are 'from' and what our tentative plans were for the R-100.

Here's my best recollection of what he told me on the phone in answers to the questions I/we had...

He said they have camping for around 400+ people. They are expecting about 150 people to be camping for the R-100.

He said that their camping area is about 14 acres of mowed area with trees spread around.

They have water to fill up jugs with. They will also have a couple of cabins open for campers to take showers.

If we give him a count of people/tents he will rope off a large area for us so we can be in our own group. We can pick where we want to set up and then he'll bring us fire rings to place where we want. He will have a bin full of cut up firewood for free.

They will have catered food all weekend, including a giant pot of 'community chili'. He said that you'll be able to have a nice meal for about $5.

The closest gas station/grocery store is about 3 miles away and a Wally-World is about 5 miles away.

We can show up any day and stay as long as we want. He said people show up as early as Wednesday.

He also said that there were other camp grounds not far from there (10 miles I believe he said) that had RV hookups and such.

Smokes, you can give him and call and ask if you want.

This time of year they have seasonal hours so they are closed to do 1-on-1 bow and rifle setups on Monday through Wednesday, which is by appointment.

It also sounds like the range and pro shop are pretty big. 400 bows in stock at any time... He was a nice guy to talk to and very helpful.

His name is Glenn and his number is 260-569-1853. He said that any of us could call with any other questions we have.

Because of the amenities Glenn spoke about and the fact that once we are there we really don't need to get back into vehicles until we leave, unless to get 'supplies', I vote to stay at the Bass and Bucks location and just 'park it' and have some fun....

And for you guys that need or want hookups feel free to give Glenn a call and ask for details. It sounds like there is something a lot closer than 40 minutes away, which would make it more feasibile for evenyone to hang out without a lot of driving.

Thoughts ?

Ron

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
dbdcougar
He Who Drops His Bow Arm

dbdcougar will become famous soon enough

1 van, 1 tent, 2 bodies. Sat night only.
dbdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
1 van, 1 tent, 2 bodies. Sat night only.
Thx bud.

Ron

Old 07-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
goldflinger

goldflinger is on a distinguished road

1tent 8by10 approximatly, one vehicle and me. Be there fri and sat night. undecided if I will stay sun niight or try to get home that night.........

And thanks Ron..........
Old 07-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
J.C.

J.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the rough

I'm not coming, ron.......
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

1-2 tents....1 Crysler T&C van
Old 07-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #7
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
I'm not coming, ron.......
Oh well.... We'll kill some foam for ya...

Ron

Old 07-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #8
Slice
The Fobinator

Slice is on a distinguished road

JDawg240 is taking either a Large Tent or Pop-up and 1 vehicle. There will be 3 of us coming down together. Two FBSA'ers and a skinny

Keeping the FBSA in fashionable clothing
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #9
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

1 big tent something like 12X22. Not sure. 1 vehicle,2 fat boys from west/central Indiana.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

bullfiddle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
1 big tent something like 12X22. Not sure. 1 vehicle,2 fat boys from west/central Indiana.
Dude I lived in a trailer smaller than that ....
FBSA President and Founder
bullfiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #11
J.C.

J.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
Dude I lived in a trailer smaller than that ....
no kidding.......

how many rooms in that palace?
Old 07-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #12
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
no kidding.......

how many rooms in that palace?
2...........bathroom, and everyotherthing room
Old 07-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #13
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice View Post
JDawg240 is taking either a Large Tent or Pop-up and 1 vehicle. There will be 3 of us coming down together. Two FBSA'ers and a skinny
A sknny....

STAY ON TOPIC, MORONS !....

In a past post somebody talked about bringing a turkey fryer, propane and oil.... I still have a 14 pound butterball to donate to the cause... I have no practical way to carry my fryer and support stuff because of vehicle size. If somebody wants to bring a fryer and supplies I'll bring the bird and injectible marinade.

Fried turkey.... Injected.... Yum....

Ron

Old 07-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #14
Ronhop
RIP

Oh, and thank you for the replies on the camping plans. I'll let this post go for another 10 days or so and then call B&B and let them know what we plan to do so they can get us roped off.....

Looking forward to meeting, shooting and hangin out with you guys....

It's going to be fun.

Ron

Old 07-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #15
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
Ron I appricate you kind and considerate words but tha whole does include those who want to bring a camper or am I missing something.
Actually, let me clear up something. Bunny and I did not discuss this at all offline. I took it upon myself to call Bass and Bucks in Wabash and speak to the owner and find out the facts about what they had to offer in the form of camping on site. My goal was to get the facts and let people know what they were. It was really as simple as that and I did not spend a lot of time doing it. I just picked up the phone and asked some really obvious questions and posted the information on the site. In fact people were surprised to read the post I put out there because there was a lot of unknowns. I'm not a guy that walk's into unknowns. I want to know in advance what's going on and how to work with it.

The reality is that gas is expensive and when you read posts people are concerned about driving distances and such because of the associated expense. I'm one of those concerned people but I have probably 1/3 or less of the distance you from TN or the New York/PA guys need to drive.
It is really logical to drive and just not have to move for the weekend. But individual needs are different for sure. That's why I posted what I did so everyone can make an informed decision on what to do.

I also said in my original post that there were campsites very local to Bass and Bucks that were less than 40 minutes away that had full hook up's. I did not get those details from Glenn at B&B but maybe I should have. The intention to exclude you and yours was not in the plan at all. In fact that's was not even close to being the plan. I was trying to get everyone close enough so that we could maybe be at one campground one evening for food and cheer and another one for food and cheer. Just call Glenn at B&B at the number I posted and tell him your situation and he'll give you some info. Tell him he talked to Ron from 3D-Shoots.com and say that we have a big group and let him know your needs and he's the kind of local guy that knows the ropes.

Also, telling Bunnyboy that he's undermining your efforts is unfair and untrue and in my opinion you should tell him so yourself. I started the stcky with Wheels help because I wanted a firm solution to the camping situation. I did not consult with anyone else on this site, or anyone else period... Bunny has respect for you as a person and a fellow archer and I think you should take that to heart.

Let's try and make this work guys....

Ron

Old 07-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #16
J.C.

sounds like a fun shoot, I'm sorry I'm gonna miss it......
Old 07-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #17
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

and did my best to get a place as close to the shoot as I could and I asked several to help me locate a place that live close to there
but no dice

You might wanna rethink this response....
Old 07-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #18
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
and did my best to get a place as close to the shoot as I could and I asked several to help me locate a place that live close to there
but no dice

You might wanna rethink this response....
I'm sure that Glenn at B&B said that there was a full hookup campground 10 miles from the shoot. Maybe I heard him incorrectly but I don't think so.

It's a fact that not every business is accessible from the Internet. It's the same with the phone book/yellow pages. Relying on those can be a hinderance. Picking up the phone and talking to a real human being and asking questions and getting answers is the ticket and will be for a long time.

Until the damn government takes away our phones too....

Ron

Old 07-11-2008, 07:22 AM   #19
dbdcougar
He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
A sknny....

STAY ON TOPIC, MORONS !....

In a past post somebody talked about bringing a turkey fryer, propane and oil.... I still have a 14 pound butterball to donate to the cause... I have no practical way to carry my fryer and support stuff because of vehicle size. If somebody wants to bring a fryer and supplies I'll bring the bird and injectible marinade.

Fried turkey.... Injected.... Yum....

Ron
Turkey frier, peanut oil and LP canister will be on site for Sat. night.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #20
watt spurlock

watt spurlock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
WHO ELSE IS BRINGING A CAMPER THATTHEY NEED A FULL HOOK UP FOR???
Im still going, Im taking a camper, I used the link that someone posted to a campground, (thanks). I will have to make a drive each day, and Im not sure how far. Camp timberlake. And I don't really care. I want to meet all you guys and have a great time. Ive never been in this area b4 so I am leaving a day early. If we are going to have some type of party, just let me know what I should bring to help out the cause. See yu guys soon Watt
watt spurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:16 AM   #21
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Great news, the turkey will be there too !
Thanks !

Ron

Old 07-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #22
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
Hey Ron, We got off topic a bit.

Smokes we are gonna miss you. We are like a big family around here and sometimes families argue or have squabbles. But in the end we all wanna be there and enjoy quality time with each other. Goldflinger had a great idea,12volts system and holding tank. It would be so great if we could all have what we want but that is just not the way it is. Thank you so much Ron for getting the info for us. Not considering the extra $20 per day traveling to and from the shoot you have to consider the time which we will now be spending sitting around be lazy and lying alot about shots we have made and rabbits we have killed. Everyone needs to be there so we can have a Grand Ole Time.

BACK TO TOPIC.....sorry Ron
No sorry necessary. That's why this thread exists, to get a count and to recruit folks to come to the shoot.

Ron

Old 07-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #23
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by watt spurlock View Post
Im still going, Im taking a camper, I used the link that someone posted to a campground, (thanks). I will have to make a drive each day, and Im not sure how far. Camp timberlake. And I don't really care. I want to meet all you guys and have a great time. Ive never been in this area b4 so I am leaving a day early. If we are going to have some type of party, just let me know what I should bring to help out the cause. See yu guys soon Watt
Do you need hookups ? If so I would give Glenn at B&B a call. His number is in the first post. If I get a chance I'll give him a call myself and post what he says.

Ron

Old 07-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #24
Ronhop
RIP

OK, I just spoke to Glenn at B&B again...

There is an Indiana State Park about 7 miles from Bass and Bucks with full hookups.

The name is Mississinewa Reservoir...
The general information line is: 765-473-6528
The reservation line is: 1-866-622-6746
You can also make reservations at www.camp.in.gov

Glenn said they have concessions, full hookups, primitive camping, a nice beach, nice bathrooms, etc... He said it was a very nice place.

Ron

Old 07-11-2008, 09:59 AM   #25
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
However depending on how many people turn out a 14 pound turkey may not be enough... Hummmm.....

I suppose we could pick up some chicken pieces, some Shorlunch breading and make some fried chicken too since the oil will already be hot. Fried chicken takes next to no time to cook up...

Ron

Old 07-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #26
Slice
The Fobinator

Quote:

There is an Indiana State Park about 7 miles from Bass and Bucks with full hookups.

Glenn said they have concessions, full hookups, primitive camping, a nice beach, nice bathrooms, etc... He said it was a very nice place.

Ron
Thanks Ron,
This should solve everyones problems. Those who need hookups will only be 10 minutes away. Now everyone and make up. Let's all just go and have a great time.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #27
watt spurlock

Quote:
Thanks Ron,
This should solve everyones problems. Those who need hookups will only be 10 minutes away. Now everyone and make up. Let's all just go and have a great time.
b4 I consider bailing on my current reservation, can anybody tell me how far camp timberlake is from the b&b site. Watt
Old 07-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #28
Slice
The Fobinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by watt spurlock View Post
b4 I consider bailing on my current reservation, can anybody tell me how far camp timberlake is from the b&b site. Watt
According to google it is 30.0 mi about 51 mins.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #29
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

Tell ya what fellas.... We should be right in the middle of sweet corn season. I'll bring a bunch of sweet corn and we can make it on somebody's grill.... I'll also bring the Butta
Old 07-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #30
watt spurlock

Quote:
According to google it is 30.0 mi about 51 mins.
thanks slice, I would like to be closeer to the party.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #31
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Ron
I checked this one out many times since late winter trying to git all together and never could get a reservartion with enough for all and close to a shower house as was requested

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #32
Ronhop
RIP

OK, I'll provaide more information about the Mississinewa Reservior campground, including availabe came site numbers and counts, for your viewing pleasure...

-Electric RV/camper sites close to non-electric camping:

40 yards from bath-house
30 amp electric
Site 379 availabe, right next to water supply
Site 380 available, about 25 yards from water supply
$25 a night

-Full hookup, water, grey/black water hookup, 30 amp electric

Sites 147 and 150 available, 60 yards to bath-house
Heck, forgot to ask the rate on those.... Sorry...

-33 non-electric sites available. $13 a night weekend, $10 weekday.
-70+ electric sites availabe. $25 a night.

Waste water dump available for all campers....

If we all stayed there we would not all be right next to each other but within easy walking distance. Bathroom, bath-house and water issues are solved as far as I'm concerned.

I see this as a possible option too for the rest of us.

The downside is that we're not with a bunch of other archers, probably...
And it being a IN DNR state park we will likely not be able to just set up a range and shoot.

At B&B, we could shoot our socks off on their range, with their targets.

But, a plus would be a beach (wives, kids would like it), nicer shower situation (probably), nicer bathroom situation (probably) and a little more access to water and electric.

Any thoughts ?

I'm still leaning toward B&B for the 'tent's' of us. The option of the state park seems great for the trailers/campers and possibly for the rest of us too.

I spoke to a gal named Latoya and said this is Ron representing a group from 3D Shoots. She wrote that down. I said I would tell you guys to mention that if we did call for reservations so they could do their best to get us sites close to the trailers. But you trailer pulling folks will need to take the first step, ASAP, and establish yourself there with a camp site number and then let us know what your plans are so we can follow behind.

I'm not a beach combing kind of guy but if we choose to stay there I'll probably show up a day or two early, get an IN fishing license, and do a little wading....

If we knew about this place months ago we would literally be all set. That's not the case now so we'll have to work through it.

We're working with ya Smokes....

Ron

Old 07-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #33
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Tell ya what fellas.... We should be right in the middle of sweet corn season. I'll bring a bunch of sweet corn and we can make it on somebody's grill.... I'll also bring the Butta
YEAH !

Good stuff....

Ron

Old 07-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #34
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
some people are the happiest when they're unhappy.....
You are correct, unfortunately. I have been more than happy to make the calls and get real information we can use.

I'm looking forward to this and it sounds like you guys are too. We'll have some fun for sure.

Glenn at B&B is such a nice guy and has been so helpful that it's hard not to take him up on his offering. Ya know ? You just want to patronize somebody like that because they have such good customer relations. That's what's missing these days. Nice people helping others.

Today he also told me about how some of the targets are going to be set up. I'm not telling, exactly, but it sounds like it's going to be really cool.

Furthest from far stake will be about 52 yards he said.

They are also going to set up targets based on the natural habitat of the animal depicted (where appropriate and possible... Alien ???? Space ? I don't think so....)....

Should be some fun stuff going on.... A lot of laughing and a lot of crying (when Bunnyboy blows arrows up)....

If anyone has anything else to post or suggest feel free. This is rolling along pretty well I think.

I still need to give Glenn a vehicle and tent count (approximate). I told him I would have that in two weeks or so. Post up, if not already, and let me know what your plans are so he can set us up with our own area.

We gotta get Chris to get us a 3D-Shoots sign/banner or hats or something. That would be pretty cool.

I'll PM him.

Ron

Last edited by Ronhop; 07-11-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #35
dbdcougar
He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Quote:
We gotta get Chris to get us a 3D-Shoots sign/banner or hats or something.
Absolutely. Consider yourself called out!
Old 07-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #36
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
i talked to the Glen dude in feb and found out the info and tried to get a palce fopr all
whats wrong with all doing it together
Point taken. I'd love to have us all together. If you talked to Glenn you would know about the state park and would have jumped on that in a second. You spoke to him in FEB ? They probably had NO reservations for August at that time and it would have been a slam dunk to get a whole damn area for us back then.

I did not see a post about that park. Maybe that's my oversight because I was crazy busy with work in FEB.... But I doubt a post about that park existed.

Like I said in my PM I an not sorry for doing what I did because it was a simple fact that based on what people posted they did not want to drive 40 minutes each way, twice a day, between a campground and a shoot site. Neither did I and I said so.

Another thing was that nobody was doing anything to offer an alternative with useful information so I did it myself. By making calls and getting facts and posting those facts for people to have an opinion on. I did not set the stage for changing your plans, I offered an incredibly good option to what you wanted to do.

So far, you're the only one that has on opinion that sides against my information, and you continue to fight it even though I followed though on your behalf to find an alternative for ALL of us to be at for the shoot, just 7 miles away.... I guess I just don't get it....

Maybe you need to be the GUY.... If you wanted to be the GUY you would have did some studying, sharpened your pencil and turned in your homework for all of us to read and consider.

Ron

Last edited by Ronhop; 07-11-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #37
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about

UGH!!!! I just read through this whole thread....I wish I were going, but we are so broke right now, we can't even...nevermind

IF I were going, I say B&B would be the best place. I would not want to drive ANYWHERE after shooting and/or a couple beers.

IF I were camping somewhere else, I would be happy just to go shoot with everyone, sit around their campfires, eat their food , then go back to my camp and go to bed....Oh, I for got and drink their beer

Last edited by Wheely; 07-12-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #38
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
UGH!!!! I just read through this whole thread....I wish I were going, but we are so broke right now, we can't even...nevermind

IF I were going, I say B&B would be the best place. I would not want to drive ANYWHERE after shooting and/or a couple beers.
Smokes, I am sorry to say this, but Toughen Up dude. My gosh! You seem to be the only one with the problem cuz you can't go without luxury
I would be happy just to go shoot with everyone, sit around their campfires, eat their food , then go back to my camp and go to bed....Oh, I for got and drink their beer
Oh, and drinking somebody else's beer is kind of like the frosting on the cake.... Ya ?

Ron

Old 07-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #39
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Oh, and drinking somebody else's beer is kind of like the frosting on the cake.... Ya ?

Ron
Ya, on second thought, I don't think I would be driving back to my campground I would just have to bring my sleeping bag with me
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #40
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

So when are we going on the White Castle Run??????