Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
Tenderfoot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 176
Tenderfoot is on a distinguished road
Default Cheap rock-solid stabilizer.

I like the idea of big 30'' stabilizers. I wanted to buy one, but couldn't find one in my budget (under 50$). So tonight I grabbed some old wire-shelf support brackets drilled the holes in the bottom out a little more then ran my current 5$ wal-mart stabilizer through those holes and screwed it into my riser. Then I taped a train spike to the end of the bracket rod. I haven't shot it yet, but just drawing it back and holding it on a spot is about twice as easy. I worry robin-hooded arrows and very tired arms may follow. I am such a redneck.
Tenderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
QSA
One eyed/Gutless wonder
 
QSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Buford Ga.
Posts: 5,998
QSA is on a distinguished road
Default

heck be a real red neck and run to home depot. grab 2- 1 inch PCV end caps and a 6 foot 1 inch pvc pipe. glue one end on then add sand to weight. Then stand it up and pour a bottle of elmores glue in it. Let it dry to hold the sand. Drill the other end cap to mount it. Then put a 3.4 inch washer on a bolt, throu the hole and washer and nut. Tighten it up and glue iy on. There red nedk stab ant lenght you want.
__________________
Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
An proud member of the FBSA
message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol
QSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
Holy Smokes
Senior Member
 
Holy Smokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
Posts: 6,713
Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSA View Post
heck be a real red neck and run to home depot. grab 2- 1 inch PCV end caps and a 6 foot 1 inch pvc pipe. glue one end on then add sand to weight. Then stand it up and pour a bottle of elmores glue in it. Let it dry to hold the sand. Drill the other end cap to mount it. Then put a 3.4 inch washer on a bolt, throu the hole and washer and nut. Tighten it up and glue iy on. There red nedk stab ant lenght you want.
You must be from Billyville to
I am thinking bout marketing some Billy arrow grippers
it's what I use ta pull mine if I need to Cuz
__________________



Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
Tenderfoot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 176
Tenderfoot is on a distinguished road
Default reply

I made a hand sling out of an old pair of jeans today. I also got my peep to stop turning with a rubber band. I made an sts with an old bolt, some steel rods and a dried tube of caulk. This is the most ghetto-fied bow in history, but I realy do love my sts. I can shoot my 30'' bow with fingers while using that thing! It made my bow nearly silent. All I hear is my release and drop away. But those tiny sounds won't bother a feeding boar
Tenderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderfoot View Post
I made a hand sling out of an old pair of jeans today. I also got my peep to stop turning with a rubber band. I made an sts with an old bolt, some steel rods and a dried tube of caulk. This is the most ghetto-fied bow in history, but I realy do love my sts. I can shoot my 30'' bow with fingers while using that thing! It made my bow nearly silent. All I hear is my release and drop away. But those tiny sounds won't bother a feeding boar
was ya'll's jeans dirty or clean??
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #6
NY911
Shoot PSE; Be happy!
 
NY911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 357
NY911 is on a distinguished road
Default

B-Stinger Stabilizers strated with a broken fishin pole and a crushed beer can.
NY911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY911 View Post
B-Stinger Stabilizers strated with a broken fishin pole and a crushed beer can.
Paintball guns started, as a way for farmers to mark cattle in heat from a distance.......
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:02 PM   #8
red44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South East Massachusetts
Posts: 2,340
red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about
Default

I made a couple longish stabilizers out of aluminum arrows with a carbon inside for stiffness, with a 5/16 bolt glued in one end. The other till has the point insert, which with a screw, hold as many fender washers as you can handle. All made from stuff from the junk box. Good stuff for sure.
__________________
FBSA Member
red44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com