Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 09-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #1
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Who going to the woods this weekend.

By golly this fat guy needs a little time in the woods. Check the trail camera.

Get a stand or two trimmed and shooting lanes opened up.

Great weather and time to hit the fall woods.

You guys hear that?

Its what Fred Bear use to say. Its the call of the wild. I do that all the time to non hunting folks. Say hey did you just hear that? They actually do get it and understand are love for the woods and peace we get from hunting.
DB

Fre Bear was the reason I got into archery. He had a way of making hunting magical. I watch some of my DVDs of the old Fred Bear videos and they seem kinda silly compared to todays shows. But no doubt about Fred was dedicated to promoting archery.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
dicksenn
14 Ring for Me!

dicksenn is on a distinguished road

My dad is on his way over right now. Then were headed out to the lease to check our trail cams and double check and make sure our stands are good to go. Should be fun! after that were gonna go golfing (Dad's sport) so I'll be outdoors all day with dad. Don't get much better than that.

Richard
dicksenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
Daniel Boone

Default Oklahoma weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post
My dad is on his way over right now. Then were headed out to the lease to check our trail cams and double check and make sure our stands are good to go. Should be fun! after that were gonna go golfing (Dad's sport) so I'll be outdoors all day with dad. Don't get much better than that.

Richard
The weather dont get no better than this. Now hopefully this cooler weather will stay around in Oct for deer season here in Oklahoma.
DB
Old 09-20-2008, 07:17 AM   #4
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Hopefully tomorrow morning. I need to do some more trimming myself.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:23 AM   #5
pred8er
He who eats fuzzy animals

pred8er is on a distinguished road

I'll be out lurking through the brush this afternoon after I clean some stuff in the garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post

Richard
Man, I sure wish I could spend some quality time like that with my dad. I just live too far away and he has a hard time getting out there anymore.

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.
pred8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:26 AM   #6
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

My dad was never into hunting. We have never hunted together. He is 59 and I am 40 I have been hunting for over 27 years now. Thank God for my Uncles and Cousins.

Would be great if my dad would hunt with me and my brother.

"HONDA"
Old 09-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #7
dbdcougar
He Who Drops His Bow Arm

dbdcougar will become famous soon enough

Took last Saturday with the clippers - I'm ready to go.
dbdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:41 AM   #8
dicksenn
14 Ring for Me!

dicksenn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pred8er View Post
I'll be out lurking through the brush this afternoon after I clean some stuff in the garage

Man, I sure wish I could spend some quality time like that with my dad. I just live too far away and he has a hard time getting out there anymore.

Ole Dad is my best friend. It sucks now that I live about an hour and half away I don't get to see him everyday like I used to. We just try and make sure we schedule time to hang out. Try and take every chance I get now because neither one of us is getting any younger so you never know when your last time to hang out will be.
dicksenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #9
Daniel Boone

Default Just got back from the woods.

Enjoyed the fresh air and time with family. My brother and me spent the morning driving and scouting. It family and time well spent that makes hunting all worth while. Oklahoma weather ws fantastic.

Here a picture of my brother who raised me after the death of my MOM at the age of 14. I owe this guy so much for raising me with respect for others.

That four wheeler of his is a beast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 237.jpg (149.9 KB, 49 views)
Old 09-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

That four wheeler looks like a beast. Is he any good with a bow??

"HONDA"
Old 09-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
Daniel Boone

Default Honest truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
That four wheeler looks like a beast. Is he any good with a bow??
He never hunted untell three years ago. Use to give me a hard time for hunting all the time. Now three years later he has harvested more big game trophys than I will ever harvest. He has been to Africa and Colorado, Kansas, Missouri and has some dandys on the wall. Fact is he dont shoot unless he has a good shot.
Yes he is a good shot. His shoulder is so bad we dont know if he going to be able to hunt with regular bow. Most of his harvest were with a gun. But he has a few deer with bows.
DB

Tell you the kind of brother he is. This picture was in Colorado and it was a all paid hunt of my choice and of course I choose a Elk bow hunt. $10,000 for both of us. Had a blast but the guide screwed us over. My brother had went on many hunts with the guide before and all successfull. He over booked from what he told us. We made the best of it and ejoyed the Mountains of Colorado. Fact was it was time spent with him. That made it special. Four years ago he got cancer and I thought I lost him a few times. I took him to treatments of radiation and chemo. He a survior and now enjoys life much more. He a money maker and work aholic but now days he hunts and enjoy life.

Bowhunting forum

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 09-20-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #12
J.C.

J.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the rough

I had to pull my cameras out of the woods because of the storms. I hung one back this afternoon and I'm gonna put out a blind tomorrow. Gustav and Ike has everybody around here a couple of weeks behind.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:00 PM   #13
thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
He never hunted untell three years ago. Use to give me a hard time for hunting all the time. Now three years later he has harvested more big game trophys than I will ever harvest. He has been to Africa and Colorado, Kansas, Missouri and has some dandys on the wall. Fact is he dont shoot unless he has a good shot.
Yes he is a good shot. His shoulder is so bad we dont know if he going to be able to hunt with regular bow. Most of his harvest were with a gun. But he has a few deer with bows.
DB

Tell you the kind of brother he is. This picture was in Colorado and it was a all paid hunt of my choice and of course I choose a Elk bow hunt. $10,000 for both of us. Had a blast but the guide screwed us over. My brother had went on many hunts with the guide before and all successfull. He over booked from what he told us. We made the best of it and ejoyed the Mountains of Colorado. Fact was it was time spent with him. That made it special. Four years ago he got cancer and I thought I lost him a few times. I took him to treatments of radiation and chemo. He a survior and now enjoys life much more. He a money maker and work aholic but now days he hunts and enjoy life.

Bowhunting forum

Great story Dan. You are both lucky to have each other.

I plan on going out monday if I possibly can.

rick
Old 09-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #14
deerassassin22
BOWTECH TRIBUTE

deerassassin22 is on a distinguished road
Default Hunting

Well got some hunting out of my ground blind today. Didn't see nothing so while walking out had my first encounter with a wild pig. Came up a little hill and heard something coming at me through the brush. And out pops a 170lb wild boar about 7 yards away. I think we mutualy in our pants and went on our way. I could only see his head then his body for a split second till he ran off the opposite direction through the brush. I then meet the game warden on my way home and no sooner we get done talking 2 doe walked across the road right in front off us. So I had one interesting afternoon with nothing except a great story to share. Tommrow mornin hopefully will have something besides a story I hope.
deerassassin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:22 PM   #15
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Thats awesome DB. Prayers sent for your brother to stay cancer free.

"HONDA"
Old 09-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #16
Paul S.
I do not follow!

Paul S. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
Prayers sent for your brother to stay cancer free.
Ditto that. Our season starts next weekend, I can't wait to watch the sunrise from my stand. I went out squirrel hunting last sunday with my bow, and it was nice just to be out walking in the woods.

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html
Paul S. is offline   Reply With Quote