Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 09-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #41
bowden

bowden is on a distinguished road

In response to Firenock, I, probably like many others, do not keep packaging for weeks, let alone read any fine print on the back. It may be just me, but if spend the time sighting in my bow with something and then it fails it is not much consolation to send these back in to be evaluated; Especially after paying over $50 for them. A warranty such as Firenocks offers is nice for the peace of mind it gives, but if the product fails, one is still disappointed with the product. However, I must again note that these nocks are far superior to Lumenocks on their brightness, so much so that even after being burned I am tempted to purchase another set. In regards to the comments about bright wraps and fletchings, these are incomparable to Firenocks. These may aid in allowing you to see your arrow, but Firenocks are so bright you cannot help but see your arrow's flight.
bowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:08 PM   #42
stickbender_pa

stickbender_pa is on a distinguished road
Default Lumenocks!

Work great for me!
stickbender_pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #43
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

You forgot Easton Tracer nocks as well.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:21 PM   #44
CutTheLoop

CutTheLoop will become famous soon enoughCutTheLoop will become famous soon enough

homebrew

CutTheLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #45
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

I personally do not see the need.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #46
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

bullfiddle is on a distinguished road

Was anybody else as confused by all that stuff on that chart as I was I mean man you need a chart to read the chart...
FBSA President and Founder
bullfiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:01 AM   #47
Firenock

Firenock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
Was anybody else as confused by all that stuff on that chart as I was I mean man you need a chart to read the chart...
May I know what part of it is confusing, so I know how to begin to make it less confusing. The chart is meant for informative. it is not doing its job, it need to be improved. Any suggestions are welcome. E-mail me suggestion or questions dorgeh@firenock.com
Use ProString, Posten Stabs
Firenock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #48
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firenock View Post
May I know what part of it is confusing, so I know how to begin to make it less confusing. The chart is meant for informative. it is not doing its job, it need to be improved. Any suggestions are welcome. E-mail me suggestion or questions dorgeh@firenock.com
I would say the common archer wants to know the following things
1) How much does it weigh in grains compared to the competitors?
2) What does it cost?
3) colors available?
4) how long will the batteries last?
5) What shafts will they fit in?

I think that pretty much sums it up.... The original chart you posted I can't make heads or tails out of what the colored areas are for. Also it doesn't help that the font is so small, I just couldn't read alot of it...
Old 10-23-2008, 09:15 AM   #49
Firenock

Default Firenock major difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
I would say the common archer wants to know the following things
1) How much does it weigh in grains compared to the competitors?
2) What does it cost?
3) colors available?
4) how long will the batteries last?
5) What shafts will they fit in?

I think that pretty much sums it up.... The original chart you posted I can't make heads or tails out of what the colored areas are for. Also it doesn't help that the font is so small, I just couldn't read alot of it...
1) the weight column says it all. It is from 25-29 complete or 9 -16 grains added to the arrow base on model and arrow that it goes into.
2) budget model of $12.95 each to full deal of $109.95 per pack , we do make the pro pack for $750.00 for the professional (that is a 2 week process if: needed +/- 0.1 grains and matched cavity on nock on 2 colors and weight).
3) As of now only 6 combination with 1 color of LED. Will be 16 colors with 6 different color of LED ,so a total of 96 combinations by Dec 15 2008.
4) For the hunting model, it is 24 hours (but the battery is field replaceable), target model is about 3,500 shots per battery change (Disclaimer: the battery shelf life is only 12 months from time of manufacturing).
5) Nearly every single shaft people normally use in with exception of the Carbon express crossbow bolts, fita arrow and the 22's You can use our arrow fit chart to see if there is one to fit your arrow.

http://www.firenock.com/Productfitchart.htm

For piece of mind, Firenock LLC offer upgrade and refresh for all its lighted nock products too. Detail and link below:

http://www.firenock.com/Refresh%20and%20Upgrade.htm

This service is only available in USA.

A no hassle/no questions asked refresh service is what we believe Firenock users prefer after the warranty period had ended. Firenock™ brand lighted nocks are eligible for refresh and Lightning Nock™ brand lighted nocks are eligible for upgrade. Your old Firenock / Lightning nock circuit(s) and polycarbonate nocks can be refreshed / upgraded and you can get working Firenock circuit(s), and new polycarbonate nock(s) with a small service fee. This service is only valid when funds are sent along with the lighted nock(s) and circuit(s). This service is subject to change without notice and can be terminated at anytime. This service will begin on 6/29/2008.

Refresh Services Procedures:
Please send in your old Firenock/Lightning nock circuit(s) and polycarbonate nocks with funds to Firenock LLC, 511 Robert Street, Henry IL 61537-1146 (see below for service fee). Please do not send any of the O-rings and/or batteries. We cannot be responsible for anything that is not part of the refresh service. If the style of Firenock you want to refresh is no longer available, standard Firenock ("S" style) will be substituted. Shipping and handling is included in the service fee for this refresh service.

The service fee for refresh service is as follows
(Shipping and handling charge is included):
$10.00 for 1 piece Firenock
$12.00 for 1 piece Lightning Nock
$25.00 for 3 pieces Firenocks
$33.00 for 3 pieces Lightning Nocks

Additional accessories can be purchase at the following price alone with the refresh service without incurring shipping and handling fee:
$9.95 for 3 of batteries
$2.00 and $5,00 for O-rings set for "S", "E", or "A" and "C", "H", or "F" style respectively

Last edited by Firenock; 10-23-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #50
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firenock View Post
1) the weight column says it all. It is from 25-29 complete or 9 -16 grains added to the arrow base on model and arrow that it goes into.
2) budget model of $12.95 each to full deal of $109.95 per pack , we do make the pro pack for $750.00 for the professional (that is a 2 week process if: needed +/- 0.1 grains and matched cavity on nock on 2 colors and weight).
3) As of now only 6 combination with 1 color of LED. Will be 16 colors with 6 different color of LED ,so a total of 96 combinations by Dec 15 2008.
4) For the hunting model, it is 24 hours (but the battery is field replaceable), target model is about 3,500 shots per battery change (Disclaimer: the battery shelf life is only 12 months from time of manufacturing).
5) Nearly every single shaft people normally use in with exception of the Carbon express crossbow bolts, fita arrow and the 22's You can use our arrow fit chart to see if there is one to fit your arrow.

http://www.firenock.com/Productfitchart.htm

For piece of mind, Firenock LLC offer upgrade and refresh for all its lighted nock products too. Detail and link below:

http://www.firenock.com/Refresh%20and%20Upgrade.htm

This service is only available in USA.

A no hassle/no questions asked refresh service is what we believe Firenock users prefer after the warranty period had ended. Firenock™ brand lighted nocks are eligible for refresh and Lightning Nock™ brand lighted nocks are eligible for upgrade. Your old Firenock / Lightning nock circuit(s) and polycarbonate nocks can be refreshed / upgraded and you can get working Firenock circuit(s), and new polycarbonate nock(s) with a small service fee. This service is only valid when funds are sent along with the lighted nock(s) and circuit(s). This service is subject to change without notice and can be terminated at anytime. This service will begin on 6/29/2008.

Refresh Services Procedures:
Please send in your old Firenock/Lightning nock circuit(s) and polycarbonate nocks with funds to Firenock LLC, 511 Robert Street, Henry IL 61537-1146 (see below for service fee). Please do not send any of the O-rings and/or batteries. We cannot be responsible for anything that is not part of the refresh service. If the style of Firenock you want to refresh is no longer available, standard Firenock ("S" style) will be substituted. Shipping and handling is included in the service fee for this refresh service.

The service fee for refresh service is as follows
(Shipping and handling charge is included):
$10.00 for 1 piece Firenock
$12.00 for 1 piece Lightning Nock
$25.00 for 3 pieces Firenocks
$33.00 for 3 pieces Lightning Nocks

Additional accessories can be purchase at the following price alone with the refresh service without incurring shipping and handling fee:
$9.95 for 3 of batteries
$2.00 and $5,00 for O-rings set for "S", "E", or "A" and "C", "H", or "F" style respectively
Much better Thanks....
Old 12-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #51
Firenock

Default Why magnetic switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTColl28734 View Post
I bought 4 of them, only one worked out of the package, and it quit after 5 shots. Never again.

Tried making my own. Again, only one worked, but that could have been me.

I think that anything that depends on a mechanical switch is bound to fail prematurely. If I go this route again, it'll have to be a magnetic switch. But I use orange hens and a yellow **** for my Blazers and don't have a lot of trouble finding them.
Magnetic switch have quite a few down side and I think no one know it better than me for I have built no less than a few. Firenock 1.0 to v2.1 all use magnetic switch system. I even have a patent pending on the only wall hugging reed switch lighted nock. After all the complains and issues I have with magnetic system, Firenock now uses Acceleration switch. It is a lot more reliable than magnetic and having a magnetic on your arrow path is not ideal. I tried to design a whole series of bracket to handle that magnet, but ultimately without one is what I am using now. Not to mention I lost a good buck due to magnetic influence on the broad head when I over drawn by 1/2" due to excitement.

FYI, Firenock's G serious use a hermetically seals, 24K gold plating, made in USA, mini-G switch which is rated for 10,000,000 cycles, the motorola fuzzy logic chip, the motion sensor system, the digital timer are all about 10,000 cycles. Even the titanium battery wire is rated for about 500 battery change. Those 24K gold plated MIL spec connector is not there for show. Now you know why it is so much more expensive than the others. Not to mention the 11,000 LUX 15 degree focus mean LED and the German Bayer polycarbonate with tolerance of 0.003 mm is hard to compare to most others.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:07 PM   #52
sfhunter

sfhunter is on a distinguished road

i have used the lumenock for the past two years and have not had any problems. i have never seen a firenock so i cant comment on those
sfhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #53
grey squirrel
Need Strings?Get Proline!

grey squirrel is on a distinguished road
Arrow Firenocks...Hands down

I'd choose the Firenocks handsdown!
I've tried all 3, including Lumenock and Easton Tracer.
Firenock will last forever and now they have a tremendous amount of colors to choose from.
They're fast with the shipping also!
They are high $ but you get what you pay for, these firenocks will last a long time, trust me.
grey squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #54
BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed will become famous soon enough

Between those 2 firenocks. But IMO Tracer nocks are the way to go. Magnet turns them on and off, so you don't have to be touching and messing w/ your nocks like the others.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:39 AM   #55
Firenock

Default What 2 firenock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
Between those 2 firenocks. But IMO Tracer nocks are the way to go. Magnet turns them on and off, so you don't have to be touching and messing w/ your nocks like the others.
You mean other lighted nocks? Firenock is a brand of lighted nock make by Firenock LLC. Firenock 2008 use G switch to activate; the G force of the launch of the arrow turns it on. No need for magnet at all. The fuzzy logic subsystem and the digital time delay on the circuit guarantee the integrity of the light. In case of the 2008 and on Firenocks, there is even a ground fault built in, so when any of the sub system failed, the light will still maintain lit. FYI, Firenock before 11/2007 use magnetic system and we are the only one who can handle 16" horizontal drop (about 17G) using our patent pending wall hugging reed switch design. With any other magnetic respond system, it can only may be handle 6 " horizontral drop onto a marble counter top.

Not to mention with Firenock you can field change the battery and nock. In 2009, Firenock offer 54 colors of light in "S" style nock.

General Archery Forum
Old 12-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #56
KODIAK JOE

KODIAK JOE is on a distinguished road
Default Firenock...

Just so I understand, does the nock light at launch or on impact?? I'm assuming launch so you can watch trajectory.

Looking to buy my first lighted nocks and don't mind laying out the coin for a quality product that will last for more them a couple of shots. Sounds like you've put a little thought into your product.

Your color chart looks good. Looks like the yellow/yellow are the britest, how do they look in person?? Any personal recomendations on color combs??
KODIAK JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #57
Firenock

Default Firenock system

Quote:
Originally Posted by KODIAK JOE View Post
Just so I understand, does the nock light at launch or on impact?? I'm assuming launch so you can watch trajectory.

Looking to buy my first lighted nocks and don't mind laying out the coin for a quality product that will last for more them a couple of shots. Sounds like you've put a little thought into your product.

Your color chart looks good. Looks like the yellow/yellow are the britest, how do they look in person?? Any personal recomendations on color combs??
Firenock activated when the G switch sense 65 G. In case of a mathews DXT that take place bout 3/4" when arrow is released. FYI, DXT throw an arrow at about 875G during the launch cycle.

the best color is red LED with orange nock for normal human eye. For double color blind, yellow on yellow is best, or only red color blind, then green on yellow works very well.

Firenock's G switch is rated 10,000,000 cycles, the motorola fuzzy logic system, the IC time delay, and motion sensor subsystem are all rated for about 10,000 cycles. the only limited factor is what target is it being send into. Doing many 220 MPH head on collision will do a number to anything. In most cases, firenock can handle about 5,000 shots into a foam target and about 50 shot through an animal without extreme shock battery end cap. With end cap installed, the life span of the circuit is usually as long as the arrow! The titanium battery wire is also rate for about 100 battery change. I hope this helped.

You should take a look at our review and press page. Our 2009 catalog is out.

http://www.firenock.com/Press.htm
Old 02-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #58
hddep

hddep is on a distinguished road
Default Firenocks

I was reading all the post about firenocks from a few years ago. What are people saying about them now? I currently use Easton Tracers.

Thanks
hddep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #59
Mo_Archergirl
Hoyt Rocks

Mo_Archergirl is on a distinguished road

In my opinion The fire nock is a a great nock. I use mine and they work like a charm. I havent seen any problems with them at all. Great quality of a Nock. Shoot Straight!
Mary Harris
Aka
Archery Girl
Mo_Archergirl is offline   Reply With Quote