Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 10-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
hynscp

hynscp is on a distinguished road
Default Shoot me!!!

Well after my first day out with shakey knees, I get permission from my neighbor to hunt his 4 acres that backs up to state hunting land. Well I get up in the stand about 4:30pm. About 5:30pm a 4 point comes walking right at me. I realize now that I am not high enough and he will see me. He walks towards me and I starts to bob and weave his head, but cant see me because of some branches. I draw back and wait, he gets behind a tree where I can't see him and he can't see me. I let me draw off and wait. He walks out from behind the tree and he blocked by another tree from seeing me so I draw back. He walks to some corn that is about 20yrds away from me. He is at a slight angle but almost broad side to me. I am ready to shoot he spots me and I let it go,,,,It went right over him.....I wanted to shoot myself. I know I was really nervous and shaking. Then about 1/2 later 5 really small does come eat some corn and I just watch for a while. One was broad side to me and drew back to take it but it was dark and didnt feel good about the shot. O well hopefully next time. It was great seeing him though.
hynscp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
kskinner7

kskinner7 is on a distinguished road

you made the right call to pass on the does. Good self control!!
kskinner7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:07 AM   #3
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

Drawing on one and not shooting is a good confidence booster to help with those nerves. Just stay away from the trigger.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:20 AM   #4
Bob4

Bob4 is on a distinguished road

Another nice story. You did the right thing.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:25 AM   #5
hynscp

hynscp is on a distinguished road

After replaying it in my head over and over last night. I realized I was so nervous cause he spotted me and maybe rushed the shot when he looked up at me. When I was watching does and drew back on one I was very confident because they didnt see me. Well hopefully I can break away from work early this week and get back out there.
hynscp is offline   Reply With Quote