Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 10-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt is on a distinguished road
Default I want to make my own mistakes!!!!!!

SOOOOOOOO i make it to my stand last night with time to spare and let things settle a bit. 45 minutes later i see a truck drive to the middle of the field and park. guy walks 100 yards to the middle of the hedgerow and disappears. there goes my evening. Talked the farmer after dark and asked him if the guy was handicapped(a possible excuse for being a nit wit). The farmer said he didn't think so. To which i replied " the guy is a nit wit". Politely asked the farmer to talk to him since the farmer wants some deer killed and it won't happen with stupidity like that. all the time and money to be a scent free hunter, quiet, slow and then a brandy spankin new Nissan Titan drives into "the spot"!!!!!! just venting.
Liv2Bowhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about

Since the hunt was ruined, you should have just walked over to him and asked him how successful his hunting technique is
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
Since the hunt was ruined, you should have just walked over to him and asked him how successful his hunting technique is
THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT!!!

maybe it was an anti??
Old 10-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #4
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----

Slippy will become famous soon enough

I would have climbed down and knifed the guys tires. And dumped a bunch of dirt in his fuel cell.

There is this buck I am after, and if some little jerkwad on his grandpa's 4 wheeler screws it up for me...I tell ya......I will go off. No to mention my nieghbor who likes to site in his muzzloader 50 yards from my stand.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #5
steve bear

steve bear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to steve bear

why would that spoil a hunt?.. i came back to my truck the other day & 4 deer were feeding all around it.most of the time i hunt where i can see my truck.if he don't come over to talk you are still good.
steve bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
Werd

Werd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
I would have climbed down and knifed the guys tires. And dumped a bunch of dirt in his fuel cell.

There is this buck I am after, and if some little jerkwad on his grandpa's 4 wheeler screws it up for me...I tell ya......I will go off. No to mention my nieghbor who likes to site in his muzzloader 50 yards from my stand.

The wind would have blown your knife off course and you would have knifed the ground
Old 10-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #7
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

How many times have I come back to the truck, or camp for that matter only to find deer have been there after I left.
Not to mention my first deer, was a similar situation to yours. The dumby in question was yawning after waking up and had the doe's full attention as she walked right to me, watching him. 5 minutes earlier I was ticked with him for being there. You just never know when it might be an assist.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #8
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----

Slippy will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werd View Post
The wind would have blown your knife off course ...
I doubt it.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werd View Post
The wind would have blown your knife off course and you would have knifed the ground

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #10
gizim_1132
Banned

gizim_1132 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bear View Post
why would that spoil a hunt?.. i came back to my truck the other day & 4 deer were feeding all around it.most of the time i hunt where i can see my truck.if he don't come over to talk you are still good.
Because some people like to hunt the big bucks maybe your satisfied with shootin does and scrub bucks your whole life but the older mature bucks notice stuff like this. Yes there prolly were 4 deer feeding around it but how many were wall mounters...... exactly!!!! Tell the guy to get his lazy ass and walk a little bit instead of parkin 10 ft from his stand. If not put an arrow in the side of his truck then he will learnr real quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gizim_1132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #11
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizim_1132 View Post
Because some people like to hunt the big bucks maybe your satisfied with shootin does and scrub bucks your whole life but the older mature bucks notice stuff like this. Yes there prolly were 4 deer feeding around it but how many were wall mounters...... exactly!!!! Tell the guy to get his lazy ass and walk a little bit instead of parkin 10 ft from his stand. If not put an arrow in the side of his truck then he will learnr real quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
where is it your place to tell a person what deer they should or shouldnt shoot??

Old 10-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #12
gizim_1132
Banned

Yea well I have lost to many nice bucks because of people violating and other dumb stuff like that happening so I really get offended when people do stuff like that because there to lazy or the deer just aren't on there property.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #13
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
That WOULD be good. Just stroll right on up to him and see how HIS day is going. I would hesitate to mess with his vehicle, he may not have known anyone else was out there.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #14
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Yea well I have lost to many nice bucks because of people violating and other dumb stuff like that happening so I really get offended when people do stuff like that because there to lazy or the deer just aren't on there property.
thats not what I asked......you told a a person that they should not shoot the does and yearlings......

your response does not answer the question that was posed to you.......

you seem to be really good at that......

hit and run poster? or just trying to start crap........
Old 10-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #15
gizim_1132
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
thats not what I asked......you told a a person that they should not shoot the does and yearlings......

Excuse me do you know how to read I said........ MAYBE SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO SHOOT DOES AND SMALL BUCKS. How the hell is that telling somebody what to shoot it's personal opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:04 PM   #16
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT!!!

maybe it was an anti??
Yeah, that would have been sweet.

I relate to those tactics... I use insightful correspondence to get a point across.... Like Wheel's approach... I like it....

Ron

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:16 PM   #17
gizim_1132
Banned

Quote:

Maybe your just a hit and run poster? or just not smart enough to think of a way to dig yourself out of hole!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:37 AM   #18
pred8er
He who eats fuzzy animals

pred8er is on a distinguished road

This is always a problem when YOU don't own the land your hunting on. It's also why we as hunters need to be flexible in our hunting approach and be able to vary our tactics to meet the changing conditions that we encounter. You wouldn't be mad at God for a change in the weather that causes deer to bed up hard would you?

If the guy has permission to hunt the same property, talk to him and tell him what he did. He may be a new hunter and has no clue as to what he should be doing. You might be doing both of you a big favor. If he just doesn't care, figure out where his stand is and where the deer are fleeing to when he arrives, then place a stand to cut them off. Use your wisdom and intelligence to overcome this obsticle and you may be extremely pleased with the results.

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.
pred8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:40 AM   #19
pred8er
He who eats fuzzy animals

pred8er is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just come over from AT, did ya?

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.
pred8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:36 AM   #20
Bob4

Bob4 is on a distinguished road

Just go talk to the guy and make him aware you have a stand close by.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:53 AM   #21
Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt is on a distinguished road

I was ticked because of all the time and preperation it takes for me to hunt a spot. I waited for the wind to be perfect. I took it really slow getting in there. It isn't a hard walk, but i park at the farm and walk into the very back corner to avoid any chances at all of spooking deer. I talked to the farmer about it that night. My first question was is he physically handicapped. The farmer said he isn't and he said he will talk to him. The farmer wants some deer taken off the property and i am more than happy to do it, but i told him it is unlikely if this guy Keeps parking in the feild. It isn't that i have a problem with other people hunting there, it isn't my land and his stand wasn't close to mine, but parking the truck at the crest of the hill!!!!!! C'mon!
Liv2Bowhunt is offline   Reply With Quote