Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 11-14-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
TMax27

TMax27 is on a distinguished road
Default Slick Trick Draws Blood

Too bad it was my finger

I Had a great night last night in the Ottawa County deer woods. With the temperature in the low 60's, perfect SSW wind, last evening's 2 hour long sit was more than comfortable, it was down right enjoyable. Started the evingin by watching some squirrels play and play and play, and then as luck would have it, they played some more. Around 5:15 heard the dinner bell ring and sling on the ol' corn feeder, which was 75 yards to the NNW of my stand. Then I knew it was go time. Just a few moments later I see a deer feeding, 150 or so yards to my S. That's when my heart starts pumping! Its go time baby Pull of the bino's, and realize its not just 1, but 3 doe headed my way. Taking thier sweet everlovin time, they are headed for me. By this time I am standing, bow in hand, ready to let the Tricks fly. Still working toward me, the thought of darkness begins to creep up on the transpiring events. Deer still taking thier time, darkness still putting the sneak up on me. The three baldies finally make it within range, but what do you know, they decided to take a detour and munch on some honey suckle. Now, you see, there is two possible ways the deer could go, both within range, both open shots. Problem is they are taking way too much time to decide. Finally after what seemed an hour, the deer decide to take the East Route to Paradise, which is fine by me, since it in the open, meaning more light I have to play with. Remember the darkness putting the sneak up on me? I do, it's biting my ankles by now. Realizing I don't need to be taking a shot this late in the darkness, the thoughts of not harvesting a deer yet began to creep in to my head. Finally, the lead doe decides to come away from the evening meal and stand out in the open. 15 yards, broad side. What more could I ask for? Oh yes, you remembered, LIGHT!!!!! The whole no harvest thing haunts me further. Darkness now has it hands around my throat. I draw back, just wanting to see if I could see the deer through my peep sight. That's when the Slick Tricks rebel for not being loosed. I couldn't even see the deer, but as I was letting down, the sting of razor sharpness touches my pointer finger on my bow hand. Yikes Slick Tricks are sharp! Sliced clean through my glove, and right through my finger. Waited for 30 minutes to let them move on and climbed on down to end a great night in the Ottawa County deer woods.
2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja
TMax27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Its not always about the harvest.

Lesson learned. Keep those fingers away from the Slick Tricks.

Hunting only going to get better.

Hang in there
DB
Old 11-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #3
TMax27

TMax27 is on a distinguished road

I have two sets of doe pretty well patterned now. Found a spot where 3 trails intersect. Just got to play the wind and it will just be a matter of time before they slip up.
2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja
TMax27 is offline   Reply With Quote