Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default Wow I suck!

Just shot 1/2 a vegas round (first time since before archery season) and ended up with 149 8x

I do have to fix my peep... looking through the 3rd string is a little difficult (end up with double vision) but I'm still pretty disappointed. Gotta do some work then I'll finish the round. Hoping to end up over 290 / 25x but we'll see
Old 01-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
Dredly
Site Guru

so I went back in and shot a round and then the phone rang, so not even thinking i set my bow on the ground and answered the phone. I walk back into the range area and promptly trip over my bow sight. severely bending the pin...

damn. now I find to find a replacement pin.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:33 PM   #3
Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife is on a distinguished road
Default Vegas Rounds

Hey Dred, I shot my first Vegas round in over 30 years this weekend. I can relate to the low scoring issues. I forgot just how tiny those little ring were. I think the color makes it hard to aim well. Seems like my spot gets lost in the mix somewhere. I guess it could have been worse. I think I had a 402 with 22 X's. Not a real good effort on my part. On of the local pros had a 448 with 42 X's. Thats amazing to watch, but way outa my leauge. Hang in there buddy
Moneymaker NI
Hkdfrlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. is on a distinguished road

thats alright buddy, happens to all of us, this past bow season i went to hang up my pack with my quiver on it and forgot to put the hook in the tree, pack fell 15 feet and broke an arrow, not the mention it sounded like thunder
Copper John Dead Nuts
Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

People Eating Tasty Animals

Remember, a Diamond lasts forever!
diamond-vic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:28 PM   #5
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
so I went back in and shot a round and then the phone rang, so not even thinking i set my bow on the ground and answered the phone. I walk back into the range area and promptly trip over my bow sight. severely bending the pin...

damn. now I find to find a replacement pin.
That sucks...

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #6
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:

. now I find to find a replacement pin.
Broken pin would probably helped my score. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #7
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond-vic. View Post
thats alright buddy, happens to all of us, this past bow season i went to hang up my pack with my quiver on it and forgot to put the hook in the tree, pack fell 15 feet and broke an arrow, not the mention it sounded like thunder
Yeah, that's funny. I did the same thing only I put my pack on the top of the platform of the stand and accidentally kicked it off and it fell about 12-13 feet to the ground while I was attaching my harness to the tree. Blew the heck out of my water bottle and crushed my Oreos but at least my binos were not messed up. Made one heck of a noise that echoed through the timber.

I probably should have just packed it up and went home since I didn't even see a tree rat the whole afternoon. I must have scared the hell out of everything...

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #8
mdewitt71

mdewitt71 is on a distinguished road

Dred brother, I will be shooting my first ever Vegas round as soon as the Competition gets all put back together..............
I will let you know what I shoot but It wont be too good at first I am pretty sure.
Strother Archery- SR-71 28.5"/65lbs. & 370gr. = 303 FPS
mdewitt71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:41 PM   #9
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

What is a full vegas round? ist it 45 arrows or 60? I see lots of adds about 450 shoots. and at my last state indoor shoot, (which was my first) we shot 30. The pressure was crazy i thought, we shot 5 spot the first day, only shot a 293 with 44 xs, whithc is really bad... the second day we shot the vegas targets, got 291 with 11 xs. The first day was bad, shot the wrong target on the 2nd end, was a x though, but cost me 5 points, droped 1 point on the 8 and 10th ends.... bummer.... Shot a vegas round today,(30) ended up with a 298...... witch is pretty good for me, dropped 1 in the 3rd and 4th end......afterwards, I shot anouther guys bow all set up for targets with scope and long stabe, 52 lbs, couldnt believe how still i cold hold it, Im in bowhunter class shooting 62lbs, with cobra release......
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:01 AM   #10
Dredly
Site Guru

its typically 60 arrows for a VEGAS round

5 arrows / round (end) white counts a 5, blue is 4 and the X is just used in a tie breaker so you can shoot 299 59x and lose to a guy that shoots 300 1x
Old 01-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #11
tek

tek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
its typically 60 arrows for a VEGAS round

5 arrows / round (end) white counts a 5, blue is 4 and the X is just used in a tie breaker so you can shoot 299 59x and lose to a guy that shoots 300 1x
Hey Dred, around here thats a 300 round 5 spot target If I'm understanding you correct?

A VEGAS round is a 300 score 3 spot target, 30 arrows, 3 arrows per end, or sometimes 45 arrows for a 450 round.
tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #12
Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife is on a distinguished road
Post vegas round

this was my first go at this, but we shot 45 arrows for a possible 450. guess it varies
Moneymaker NI
Hkdfrlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:43 AM   #13
STRO
get'n rid of target panic

STRO is on a distinguished road

A friend of mine just switched to the whole target setup. He bought a scope and a baseball bat that screws into the front of his bow. Anyway, we were at a 3d shoot and it was one of the first times he was shooting this set up. He had the worst shoot of his life. Two misses in 30 targets. He always shot hunter class and he's a pretty good shooter. He was pretty upset and about ready to throw everything in the garbage. I can rub it now that I shot better then him with my hunting setup but it probably won't last long once he gets comfortable with his new setup.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor
STRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:44 AM   #14
Dredly
Site Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek View Post
Hey Dred, around here thats a 300 round 5 spot target If I'm understanding you correct?

A VEGAS round is a 300 score 3 spot target, 30 arrows, 3 arrows per end, or sometimes 45 arrows for a 450 round.
entirely possible...
Old 01-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #15
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that's right 60 arrow, 5 spot is a 300 round. Vegas round is 30 arrows at the 3spot vegas target but also scores a 300. However, the X on a vegas target is half the size of the X on a 5 spot. The 10 ring on the Vegas is the same size as the X on the 5 spot.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote