Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 12-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #1
Guhn

Guhn is on a distinguished road
Default Should I buy equipment?

I have 2 months on this, and I really like it, my trainer suggest to buy a good bow an expensive one, I have the money but is this necessary?
Guhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
Pinwheel1969
#1 THREAD KILLER

Pinwheel1969 is on a distinguished road

you dont need to spend alot of money to get a good bow. I bought a pse stinger for hunting to try this year. awesome bow for only $299.00. theres alot of good bows at medium prices. good luck!
I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
RANGER BOW STRINGS
Pinwheel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
gamoboy

gamoboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to gamoboy Send a message via Skype™ to gamoboy

not all expensive bows are great. i just spent a lil over 800 on my set up and it was a used Mission made by Mathews. last weekend i bought my wife a Diamond Edge made by Bowtech. it is a really great bow. i wish i would have looked at it before i bought mine. bow season is about to be over with and i would wait till then. alot of hunters switch off bows after ever season so i would check then
CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
Trophy Taker Pronghorn
gamoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:35 AM   #4
QSA
One eyed/Gutless wonder

QSA is on a distinguished road

I was thinking about putting up a few for sell. PM me what you are looking for.
message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol
QSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:53 AM   #5
ServingSpinner
Scott's Strings LLC

ServingSpinner is on a distinguished road
Default New Bow?

Do not accept the fact that the more you spend, the more your going to get. Look and talk to guys in your area that have been doing this for a while and watch what they are shooting. Most bows made in the last 5 years are so much better than the bows 10 years ago its not even a race. Make sure the bow you buy fits you first, which means, normally, having a rep. proshop set it up. If it is over 2 years old have them put on a new set of strings in the deal. Spend you money on good arrows first, then make sure they stay good, which means a good target that's big enough for you to hit everytime. Practice, is the only thing you really need and lot's of it. Have fun!
ServingSpinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #6
duckslayer870

duckslayer870 is on a distinguished road

There are alot of bows that are great bows in the mid price range. Low end bows are getting what you pay for. They are just ok But are not bad starters. Id stick with a bow less than 5 years old. Many bargins can be found this time of year b/c its after season and christmas. oyu might even be able to pick up last seasons bows at a drastically reduced price. A certain popular auction Site is loaded with great bargins right now. Find a bow in a proshop that fits you and you like, take down the make and model and comparison shop. Shoot what feels good not what someone wants to sell you. Some shops will press you into feeling like a name is better for you than what you like. Remember also what function you want to do with the bow, will you hunt with it mostly or shoot targets. Many great bows are out there that do both well and some bows are built for one main purpose. good luck and keep us posted.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #7
QSA
One eyed/Gutless wonder

QSA is on a distinguished road

but if you can get a high end all set up used cheaper then a bare high end bow then I would say if high end you want then go for it. But high end is not a problim solver. I have had many high end bows and sent them on the way for older bows.
message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol
QSA is offline   Reply With Quote