Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute
Default January 2009: Win Vortex Binocular Contest

Vortex has generously offered to promote a January 2009 contest and wait to you see the great Vortex prizes in this contest.

RULES:
There are multiple ways for you to enter this contest and make it easy on you.
This is a really easy to enter contest just create a post like one of the ones below or all of them.
Post a picture of yourself or someone using Vortex products.
Post a personal experience with Vortex products or the Vortex company
Post something you heard about Vortex Customer service
Post what you would like to see Vortex offer in the future.

You can post as many times as you like but your posts cannot violate site or contest rules. If you post multiple times, your posts must be unique, no duplicates posts. For example don't create 50 posts that say they need a 20x50 binocular.

Note for first time posters and new members
Don't be surprised if you don't see your post right away. New member's posts with pictures will probably get flagged as possible spam and will not be viewable until they get approved by a moderator. They are posted, just be patient for a moderator to approve them. Once you have 6 posts, the moderation will no longer happen to you. It's an anti-spam filter. It's annoying but necessary.

The Vortex Prizes
Your choice of Vortex Fury Binocular
Lens Pen
Vortex Hat
Binoc-Loc
Harness Strap
Vortex T-shirt

How the Winner is chosen
The winner will be choosen by a random number generator. The person who's post number matches the random number wins. Pretty simple. The contest will end January 31st at 11:59pm CST.

If you have questions on the contest, please PM me. Don't post the questions in this thread.

We would like to thank Tim and everyone at Vortex for offering up such a great contest. Our sponsors help keep this site going so please support them and remember them when you are purchasing your hunting related products.

Last edited by Chris; 01-04-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
NerdHick
<<< Triumph!

NerdHick is on a distinguished road

Sweet!

I've heard nothing but good things about the Vortex customer service!

TruBall & Axcel & Dead Center Archery Shooter Staff
Old 12-31-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
rodney482
I love this stuff

rodney482 is on a distinguished road

Back in 07 I went on a Caribou hunt in Northern Quebec, I actually sold my Swarovski Els to help finance my trip. I picked up a set of Vortex Diamondbacks in 10x42 because I heard good things about them on AT and I figured they would get me by until I could save up for another set of Swarovski. When my binoculars arrived I thought wow these look pretty nice for $200 glass(keep in mind I had been using $2000 glass for the last 5 years). I then took them outside and startd glassing the hillsides around my house, I could not believe how well they performed.

Well off to northern Quebec, I arrived in camp and experienced weather that was everything from 60 and sunny to 19 and blowing snow. I used those diamonbacks for the 5 day hunt and glassed for hours at a time. I was totally satisified and never once wished that I had my Swarovskis.

I returned from Canada and posted on Archery talk about my experience with Vortex, I was contacted by Tim Austin (vortex optics) he told me that he loved my review and the pictures. Tim asked if Vortex could use my photos in their 08 catalog,,,of course I said heck yeah!!

I emailed Tim the pictures and about a week later I received a very nice package from Vortex full of very nice gear. I was then contacted by Vortex and offered a position on their Field Staff, of course I said yes.

In January 08 Tim contacted me again and asked if I would like to attend the ATA show in Indy( this is a non public show and tickets are hard to get) again I jumped at the chance, I got to meet Tim at the show and was introduced to some of the other fine folks at Vortex.

Words can not express how proud I am to be a member of their team. Vortex is a top notch company, ran by top notch individuals!

Their products are top shelf and their warranty is second to none. If there is a problem it will be taken care of.

Rodney Rudd
Vortex National Field Staff
Northern Indiana

Ps this is not an entry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg at%202.JPG (113.0 KB, 2116 views)

Last edited by rodney482; 12-31-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
Scottyluck

Scottyluck is on a distinguished road

I received a pm from a member on another forum about a problem he had with his Sidewinders. A screw broke inside one of the eyecups. Since it was the middle of hunting season he didn't want to send his binos in for warranty work and be without them. He was just contacting me to let me know of the problem as well as ask if I' ever heard of such a problem before.

I contacted Tim to make him aware of the problem. Tim contacted the member to get the issue straightened out. Rather than have the guy send in his binos for work in the middle of the season Tim sent him a BRAND NEW pair of Sidewinders, no questions asked, as well as a return shipping label for the damaged Sidewinders!

From that moment on I've been an ardent supporter of Vortex Optics.

Some pics of Vortex in action.

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum
Old 01-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
mtmedic

mtmedic is on a distinguished road

Wow, what a way to kick off the new year.

I have been wanting a pair of these for a while and hope to have some by summer. All I know is what I have heard word of mouth. The customer service is second to none for the LIFE of the product. It doesn't matter who owns it!!! It doesn't get any better than that. I do not know of anyone who has had to send theirs in but it is nice to know.

I have looked at numerous binocs this last year and the price and quality cannot be beat. I have buddies with Leicas, Leupolds, Swaros, and Vortex and they all appear to be great products and the view is awesome. Vortex just has THE best price.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
mdewitt71

mdewitt71 is on a distinguished road

Just got back from Iraq to my Vortex binos I ordered while I was over there.....
TOP NOTCH, I am very impressed with them so far and plan to buy a spotting scope later in the year.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
bushmasterar15

bushmasterar15 is on a distinguished road

I've heard nothing but good things about the Vortex products and their great customer service. My friends use your products for archery tournaments/hunting. I've looked thru a few and want some but have to put my kids first before things for myself. Well good luck to everybody.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
Ross cr331

Ross cr331 is on a distinguished road

I have a pair of vortex binoculars. They are great. As for there customer service all I have heard is great things about them even though I have never had to contact vortex because I have never had an issue with there products.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #9
jam66

jam66 is on a distinguished road
Default Vortex Customer Service

I have a pair of Vortex Hurricane 8x32 binoculars. The objective lens covers were loose called customer service. In 3 days I had a new set of lens covers!!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #10
Blackwolf

Blackwolf is on a distinguished road

2 years ago when I decided to start shooting in various 3d events I figured I'd better go out and get some quality glass. After researching several "big name" bino companies I was introduced to the Vortex line. Doing side by side comparisons I finally had it narrowed down to the Nikon Monarchs and the Vortex Sidewinders. (8X42) I honestly couldn't tell if one was of a better quality then the other so the ultimate decision came down to price.

I also deer hunt hard nearly every day from Mid Sept. through Dec.

I've been out in every possible condition, 90 degrees and humid, pounding rain, wind and snow even one 3d shoot that the temperature never climbed above negitive 12 degrees! My Sidewinders have never failed to perform in any of those demanding conditions.

Thanks for a quality, affordable option Vortex!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized.JPG (79.4 KB, 1963 views)
Old 01-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #11
Scablands

Scablands is on a distinguished road

In august of 2007 I got the opportunity to try out a Vortex Skyline spotting scope thanks to Ron at Jayhawk Optics. Circumstances not connected to the spotting scope or Jayhawk prevented me from keeping the Skyline Scope 80A. I found it to be a very good scope for the money and the customer service I received was nothing short of outstanding from both Ron and Vortex. Jayhawk didn't have one in stock so he had it shipped directly to me from Vortex to get it to me quickly. When I couldn't keep it due to my wife's failing health and resulting bills Ron took it back with no problem at all, no questions asked.
Next june I plan on buying a pair of binoculars for my son for his birthday and will purchase them from Jayhawk Optics due to the way he did business with me in the past. A great dealer with a great product from a great company.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #12
J.A.G.

J.A.G. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to J.A.G.

I have always heard how great Vortex customer service was, and I know for fact that they are very fast at getting your problems fixed and getting it back to you.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #13
hotrod26

hotrod26 is on a distinguished road

I heard good things about Vortex products. Customer service from this company is excellent.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #14
Erico

Erico is on a distinguished road

I want to see Vortex offer a rangefinder.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #15
ChaseBaker
Victory Arrows Staff

ChaseBaker is on a distinguished road

All my friends use the Furys!

They are awesome!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:26 AM   #16
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

I have been looking into new binos for the last couple of weeks and I am really interested in the Vortex line. Look to be made very durable and I have heard great things about there lens quality

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Old 01-02-2009, 07:42 AM   #17
stinky1

stinky1 is on a distinguished road

I'd like to see a rangefinder from them.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #18
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----

Slippy will become famous soon enough

couple friends of mine have the Diamondback models? Whatever models they have are great. Love them for low light situations too. Just a crystal clear glass and for the price, I think they are hard to beat. I use Alpens now but definitely wouldn't mind comparing them to a set of Vortex. I have the Vortex shirt and hats, just no Vortex.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #19
rdw12189

rdw12189 is on a distinguished road
Default Bino

...I have a set of vortex 8 x 42 sidewinder...I did about the most Extensive comparison i think anyone can do ....and for the money you canot beat these binos....As for the customer service second to none.... here is why ....While at our archery club my son accidently knocked over my binos dropping them to a concrete floor snapping the eye cup adjuster...Called vortex they advised me to ship back they would review there warranty & Fix (I expected to be charged).... Less than 7 days later the binos are returned fixed along with a note NO charge ....Are you kidding me ... Totally my fault and fixed for free what a awesome product & customer service ... My next pair of Bino will be Vortex No questions asked....
Old 01-02-2009, 08:34 AM   #20
Cameron

Cameron is on a distinguished road

I have a couple of friends that own binoculars and spotting scopes from Vortex, and recommend them very highly. Being that I have a new youth hunter in my family, he could sure use a set of quality optics!

Thank you for the offer!
Add some custom bling with a www.slingbraid.com
Old 01-02-2009, 08:40 AM   #21
BowTech81

BowTech81 is on a distinguished road
Default Vortex

A friend of mine shoots for Vortex. After looking through his binos I can see why he stopped shooting for Nikon. They are great optics!
S-coil
Tru-fire hurricane
Gold-tip XT Hunter
Old 01-02-2009, 09:09 AM   #22
Flinch8

Flinch8 is on a distinguished road
Default Vortex

I remember last summer with the help of my Vortex Vultures I defeated the 3DShoots man himself. Of course that was the last and only time that happened. I cherish the memory.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #23
Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt is on a distinguished road
Default Vortex contest

I have heard nothing but good things about vortex products and customer service.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #24
okarcher
Bow In Hand!

okarcher is on a distinguished road
Default Vortex

Purchase a set of Viper Binos last year for 3D and couldn't believe the quality and clarity of them. Infact like them so much I turned around and bought Vortex scopes for my rifles too. Couldn't be happier with all their products.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #25
RxBowhunterKS
Paddle in water

RxBowhunterKS is an unknown quantity at this point

My brother used to sell Swarovski optics when he had his store. That is how I came to own a pair of Swaros and have always loved them.

I was at a 3d shoot a couple years ago and Vortex had a display of their binos and scopes for people to check out. I half heartedly picked up a pair thinking they "might be OK"........remember this is coming from someone wearing an $1700 pair on swaros around his neck. I was amazed at the quality of the their binos and the clarity and brightness! I set a pair of Vortex on top my swaros (10x42's) and did a side-by-side comparison. I honestly could not see any difference..........and I tried REAL hard LOL!

I have a few friends that are now staffers for Vortex. I wouldn't hesitate to give up my swarovskis for a pair of Vortex. No hesitation whatsoever! They are simply that good!
It would be my honor to someday have a staff position with Vortex.

Last edited by RxBowhunterKS; 01-02-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #26
la.basscat
Doug Fruge'

la.basscat is on a distinguished road

Vortex has fast became a big name in the 3-d tournament circuit. Customer service and quality optics is a big reason.

ASA Lifetime member
Old 01-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #27
12RINGHUNTER
SPRINGERMAN

12RINGHUNTER is on a distinguished road
Default Clear View

An ideal for Vortex that I would like to see would be a stabilization button added to their line of Binoculars and also added to the Rangefinders when they come out.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #28
bowtinkerer

I've read rave reviews about Vortex service after the sale.

bowtinkerer

Old 01-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #29
Orion1

Orion1 is on a distinguished road

I heard great things about Vortex's customer service
Old 01-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #30
mlviper35

mlviper35 is on a distinguished road

My my benos got lost so this will be a nice replacement

"The LORDS will is my work"
Old 01-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #31
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about

hmmm....I have never actually used Vortex that I know of, I don't buy a lot of equipment so I don't have the chance to try a lot of different brands. BUT next time I am in the market for binos, I will definately be looking at the Vortex line. Sounds like a great company
Old 01-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #32
azleonhart

azleonhart is on a distinguished road
Default Vortex Optics

My first encounter with a Vortex Binocular, is when a friend o' mine was shooting with it.. He was using a Hurricane Compact 10 x 28.. I, having come from a society which whole heartedly accepted bushnell scopes (i live in Malaysia) saw the Hurricane as something totally new and cool! I tried it out, and saw the unparalelled difference, compared to bushnell.. Since then, i've been dying to get one, but i gotta find work, and fast..

I gotta add to Vortex's motto - May The Force of Optics Be With You!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #33
Mathews Man
Foam Killer

Mathews Man is on a distinguished road

I have heard from a couple web sites that Customer service is top notch. and they really stand behind thier product.
(new)FBSA Member
Old 01-02-2009, 01:38 PM   #34
Shark144

Shark144 is on a distinguished road
Default I need to find some Vortex's!

Wow, you don't see this kind of positive responses about Customer Service much anymore. I'm in the market for some binoculars and had not even heard of Vortex. I was contemplating some of the Nikon line, but clearly from what people have said here, I need to check out he Vortexs.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Now I've got to find a local dealer so that I can see them firsthand.

G.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #35
Battledrum

Battledrum is on a distinguished road
Default Camo?

I would like to see some binos with a camo dip finish! Keep up the great products!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #36
Scottyluck

Scottyluck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark144 View Post
Wow, you don't see this kind of positive responses about Customer Service much anymore. I'm in the market for some binoculars and had not even heard of Vortex. I was contemplating some of the Nikon line, but clearly from what people have said here, I need to check out he Vortexs.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Now I've got to find a local dealer so that I can see them firsthand.

G.
You can start by checking out the website. Check out the dealer search.

www.vortexoptics.com
Old 01-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #37
Taylor Co.

Taylor Co. is on a distinguished road

I have had the privelege of looking through your bino's in the past at various ASA Pro/Am's and have to say that you guys have great products, my next set will be Vortex.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #38
J-Daddy
Do Work!

J-Daddy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to J-Daddy
Default Vortex

Back in mid '07 I was in the market for a new pair of bino's and I had narrowed it down to the Vortex Vulture 10x50 or the Nikon Monarch 10x42...Buddy of mine had the Nikon's I checked them out, they were ok...But I heard all the good reports on AT about the Vortex & their great customer service so I ended up buying a pair of Vortex Vulture 10x50's from Jayhawk Optics and I've been super impressed with them. I've used them for everything from 3-d, whitetail hunting and mule deer hunting out west...I love them.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #39
poorman
And thats no lie !

poorman has a spectacular aura aboutpoorman has a spectacular aura about

Have heard from a couple web sites that Customer service is top notch. I am tired of using cheap wal-mart binos. Would love to have a pair of top of th line optics.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #40
poorman
And thats no lie !

poorman has a spectacular aura aboutpoorman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
Back in 07 I went on a Caribou hunt in Northern Quebec, I actually sold my Swarovski Els to help finance my trip. I picked up a set of Vortex Diamondbacks in 10x42 because I heard good things about them on AT and I figured they would get me by until I could save up for another set of Swarovski. When my binoculars arrived I thought wow these look pretty nice for $200 glass(keep in mind I had been using $2000 glass for the last 5 years). I then took them outside and startd glassing the hillsides around my house, I could not believe how well they performed.

Well off to northern Quebec, I arrived in camp and experienced weather that was everything from 60 and sunny to 19 and blowing snow. I used those diamonbacks for the 5 day hunt and glassed for hours at a time. I was totally satisified and never once wished that I had my Swarovskis.

I returned from Canada and posted on Archery talk about my experience with Vortex, I was contacted by Tim Austin (vortex optics) he told me that he loved my review and the pictures. Tim asked if Vortex could use my photos in their 08 catalog,,,of course I said heck yeah!!

I emailed Tim the pictures and about a week later I received a very nice package from Vortex full of very nice gear. I was then contacted by Vortex and offered a position on their Field Staff, of course I said yes.

In January 08 Tim contacted me again and asked if I would like to attend the ATA show in Indy( this is a non public show and tickets are hard to get) again I jumped at the chance, I got to meet Tim at the show and was introduced to some of the other fine folks at Vortex.

Words can not express how proud I am to be a member of their team. Vortex is a top notch company, ran by top notch individuals!

Their products are top shelf and their warranty is second to none. If there is a problem it will be taken care of.

Rodney Rudd
Vortex National Field Staff
Northern Indiana

Ps this is not an entry

Rodney,
You are my hero~!! My dad used to have a saying..... That guy could fall into a pile of **** and come out smelling like a rose. Not only this post but your year of hunting accomplishments has been awesome as well. congratulations to you and may you continue to be succsesful doing the thing you obviously love to do!!