Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough
Default Getting our Black Brothers involved

You know I have only seen 5 black fellows shootin archery. I really enjoyed those I got to now.
We need to find some way to get em involve in the sport for someday there is gonna be a vote on these hunting privilidges and we want them on our side. So talk it up with them, just bring that into a conversation,,and let them know they are welcome. Just doing that will go a long way whether thay do or not. Now that is $10 worth there. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
You know I have only seen 5 black fellows shootin archery. I really enjoyed those I got to now.
We need to find some way to get em involve in the sport for someday there is gonna be a vote on these hunting privilidges and we want them on our side. So talk it up with them, just bring that into a conversation,,and let them know they are welcome. Just doing that will go a long way whether thay do or not. Now that is $10 worth there. HS
I dont even know how to respond to this......if I brought this up to some of our African American Neighbors around here they would probably pull out a nine and bust me a cap.......or my cap.....

have you guys ever been to poughkepsie or newburgh NY??? thats a rough hood.....

we have a few fellas of the "black" persausion that shoot around here and they are very good....I have always enjoyed shooting w/anyone who will have me......
Old 01-23-2007, 07:08 PM   #3
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
I dont even know how to respond to this......if I brought this up to some of our African American Neighbors around here they would probably pull out a nine and bust me a cap.......or my cap.....

have you guys ever been to poughkepsie or newburgh NY??? thats a rough hood.....

we have a few fellas of the "black" persausion that shoot around here and they are very good....I have always enjoyed shooting w/anyone who will have me......
Boy I will tell you they ,the powers that be sure pulled on on us when they got us divided back during the reconstruction 1865-1873 and some of these guys today that IRRATE it,Jessie Jackson and The right rev Sharpton. plus others sure amke it hard to get along. But somebodys gotta try. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Old 01-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
Holy Smokes

Maybe we could figure out some way to get a ball on the bows. or sell em with a dew rag HS

Old 01-23-2007, 07:34 PM   #5
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Maybe we could figure out some way to get a ball on the bows. or sell em with a dew rag HS
no you didnt........
Old 01-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
Holy Smokes

I wear one to and from the stand. Just got a scent shield one. and that is spelled Do HS

Old 01-23-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

you know the sad part is if they were talking amongst there selves the way we are talking, it would be fine....but if they were to se this we would be labled as racist......its still a sad sad world....
Old 01-23-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

you know Archery kinda reminds me of hokey......
Old 01-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #9
Holy Smokes

:
Quote:
you know the sad part is if they were talking amongst there selves the way we are talking, it would be fine....but if they were to se this we would be labled as racist......its still a sad sad world....
Yeah I thought about that but my heart is right and I would not want to offend them and hope thaey would jump in and have a laugh with us. One of my black brothers H K Eggerton has amrched across the south and gone to the defense of many a young folks and hold lectures and is everywhere with his pro souhtern agenda carryin a Confederate Battle flag. See we fought for the right to keep the polotical system small where the people, us, could have it work for real freedom from heavy handed rulership and make them accountable to the people not big intrest or $$$.. He knows what the score is and wants to unite the people agian. That is real patriotism. Ask George Washington. HS

Old 01-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

Ummmm wow first off, i dont know quiet what to think about this, I would think if someone, regardless of race, age, gender. ext.... had an interest in archey they would be involved with it.....
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #11
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
Ummmm wow first off, i dont know quiet what to think about this, I would think if someone, regardless of race, age, gender. ext.... had an interest in archey they would be involved with it.....
I will say without a shadow of a doubt we meant nothing bad by any of this.....

maybe this thread needs to go away.....I knew it was going to be a problem as soon as I read it.....
Old 01-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #12
Grady

Grady is on a distinguished road
Default Black Men

Now that you mention it, it is kind of odd. I have never met a black man that hunts, much less shoots a bow. I wonder why that is? Is it that they have other sports of preference? I have seen alot of them fishing, but it is typically the older guys. If anyone figures out what the deal is here, please post.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:18 PM   #13
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
Now that you mention it, it is kind of odd. I have never met a black man that hunts, much less shoots a bow. I wonder why that is? Is it that they have other sports of preference? I have seen alot of them fishing, but it is typically the older guys. If anyone figures out what the deal is here, please post.
i know of quite a fewand they are all accoplished at there chosen weapons....

and please I dont want anyone thinking bad of this thread....I know what his intent was and mine....and it was not bad......
Old 01-23-2007, 09:40 PM   #14
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

Some people just dont have the intrest or passion for things, as far as archery goes, i would say that its got to be one of the most open sport to everyone, meaning, almost anyone can do it, i know 2 guys that do it in a wheel chair, and at a state shoot, their was a guy that had 1/2 his arm missing, had 1/2 fake arm with a u shaped clamp deal on it and he would hook his bow up and shoot away.... and ill say he was good too. But they have a passion and love for it, thats why they (and We) do it...
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #15
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road

Nothing good can come of this...

I know what the intent was smokes and hats off to ya...

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:06 AM   #16
Grady

Grady is on a distinguished road
Default Intent?

I dont know about everyone else, but I never thought anything except honesty in his wording on th orignal post and mine as well. I have no racism in me. I have several close friends that are black and have had for some time.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #17
tek

tek is on a distinguished road

I work with a lot of black people and almost all of them are my friends. Most of them know that myself and others at work are involved in archery but most of them seem to have very little or no interest in it, Other than joking around. If any of them would like to try archery I would be more than happy to help them in anyway I could.
tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #18
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

Oh no...I completely understand and agree there was nothing racist about anything here...It's just these days some subjects are TABOO...I have several African-American friends and I know a few archers as well... I just think this thread might open a door that's difficult to shut... jmho

Old 01-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #19
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

that was my first thought also.....
Old 01-25-2007, 08:45 AM   #20
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
Oh no...I completely understand and agree there was nothing racist about anything here...It's just these days some subjects are TABOO...I have several African-American friends and I know a few archers as well... I just think this thread might open a door that's difficult to shut... jmho
I am sorry to say that it could be called PC and this exactly what they want to do to us .Divide and keep us at each other. Let us live in ture peace and enjoy each others brotherhood. HS Oh by the way for those who might think of me as a racist. I keep to young black college boys and feed them while they were in my city cooping with the Eastman co, They LIVED in my home. They still call reguarly and come to vist with thier familys. Both are makeing big $$$$$$$ now 1 did'nt even have a car when he started living at our house. HS

Old 01-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #21
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

Quote:
I am sorry to say that it could be called PC and this exactly what they want to do to us .Divide and keep us at each other. Let us live in ture peace and enjoy each others brotherhood. HS Oh by the way for those who might think of me as a racist. I keep to young black college boys and feed them while they were in my city cooping with the Eastman co, They LIVED in my home. They still call reguarly and come to vist with thier familys. Both are makeing big $$$$$$$ now 1 did'nt even have a car when he started living at our house. HS
Smokes I love you brother. I don't believe you have a racist bone in your body. I think that bowman and myself (living in Sharpton Land) are just alittle gun shy...

Old 01-25-2007, 05:51 PM   #22
Holy Smokes

I can see why on that account. Man if folks would just let us get along. HS

Old 01-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #23
whitetail99

whitetail99 is on a distinguished road

Culture changes? I am a blue collar worker. I live out in the country. I work my butt off. I have a attractive wife. I have two young and very promising children. I have two dogs. I build things and fix them when needed. I try to be kind to all unless I have to be other wise. When I look around I see many of the same characteristics in my neighbors. Over time we make choices and those choices steer our destination in life. The color of your skin is only one factor in life. Hunting for most is expensive and only getting more expensive as years pass. I would like to think the instinct to hunting was something i was born with. As a adult I persuaded it.
whitetail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:10 PM   #24
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail99 View Post
Culture changes? I am a blue collar worker. I live out in the country. I work my butt off. I have a attractive wife. I have two young and very promising children. I have two dogs. I build things and fix them when needed. I try to be kind to all unless I have to be other wise. When I look around I see many of the same characteristics in my neighbors. Over time we make choices and those choices steer our destination in life. The color of your skin is only one factor in life. Hunting for most is expensive and only getting more expensive as years pass. I would like to think the instinct to hunting was something i was born with. As a adult I persuaded it.
this thread is useless without pics......

just so you know, I am only kidding.....
Old 01-27-2007, 04:31 AM   #25
Holy Smokes

Quote:
this thread is useless without pics......

just so you know, I am only kidding.....
You jokester you .HS

Old 01-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #26
two_shoes
YOU! Get in my belly!

two_shoes is on a distinguished road
Default The NASCAR manifesto....

I think part of the problem with getting anybody involved is the stigma that bow hunting and archery have. That is it's part of the GOB network. Think about it... lets go huntin' with Bubba & Cooter....... scenes of Deliverance play in my head..... How inviting is that??? No some could contend that Deliverance was a love story.... but that is another thread. I know that really isn't all like that but what does the general public see or perceive?
I wish we had some TV coverage of a FITA event maybe from overseas.... We'd see all peoples represented. I believe that the NASP program will help tremendously but is it being brought to city schools? Could the NASP bring some 3D targets to get kids interested in shooting animals? I know my kids LOVE shooting foam (mmmmm... foam, it's what's for dinner!) There will also be a time lag between when the kids in the program become adults.

Just a couple of thoughts.
'06 Mathews Apex 7
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
-Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10
two_shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #27
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by two_shoes View Post
I think part of the problem with getting anybody involved is the stigma that bow hunting and archery have. That is it's part of the GOB network. Think about it... lets go huntin' with Bubba & Cooter....... scenes of Deliverance play in my head..... How inviting is that??? No some could contend that Deliverance was a love story.... but that is another thread. I know that really isn't all like that but what does the general public see or perceive?
I wish we had some TV coverage of a FITA event maybe from overseas.... We'd see all peoples represented. I believe that the NASP program will help tremendously but is it being brought to city schools? Could the NASP bring some 3D targets to get kids interested in shooting animals? I know my kids LOVE shooting foam (mmmmm... foam, it's what's for dinner!) There will also be a time lag between when the kids in the program become adults.

Just a couple of thoughts.

you are a wise man.....and very smart also.....
Old 01-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #28
whitetail99

whitetail99 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Life's true inspiration
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lori Archery.jpg (51.4 KB, 49 views)
whitetail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:26 PM   #29
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail99 View Post
Life's true inspiration
yes, attractive is deffenitly a word that I would use also.....
Old 01-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #30
two_shoes
YOU! Get in my belly!

two_shoes is on a distinguished road
Default huh???

Quote:
you are a wise man.....and very smart also.....
BOWMAN,

I've been accused of and called many things...... those two haven't made the list. Thanks amigo, very kind words indeed.

-two_shoes
'06 Mathews Apex 7
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
-Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10
two_shoes is offline   Reply With Quote