Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-01-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of
Default New version of OnTarget2 ready for download…

A new version of OnTarget2 is ready and Larry has outdone himself this time, he has added more cam specific designation. Along with other more subtle tweaks this allows the program to be much more precise in selecting the correct spine for the newer high performance cams.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:31 AM   #2
pred8er
He who eats fuzzy animals

pred8er is on a distinguished road

Where......?

I'm not familiar with what the program is for, could you please elaborate on it's purpose for those of us who are less informed?

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.
pred8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:40 AM   #3
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pred8er View Post
Where......?

I'm not familiar with what the program is for, could you please elaborate on it's purpose for those of us who are less informed?
Jeeeze....

I thought everyone knew about OnTarget2; it is a program for archers interested in making sight tapes and pin gaps. Plus it helps with arrow spine selection and allows you to experiment with different combinations of arrows, points, and fletching with simulations to indicate the results. Plus much, much more...

http://www.pinwheelsoftware.com/
Old 02-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #4
PA.JAY

PA.JAY is on a distinguished road

wounder if it's vista friendly now ?
PA.JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
pred8er

Sounds interesting. Think I'm gonna check it out. Thanks!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:07 AM   #6
JAVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA.JAY View Post
wounder if it's vista friendly now ?
I have no problem running it on my Vista... but then I never did.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
Archerdad

Archerdad will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Archerdad

i use it i like it.. a lot...
much cheaper than having to waste and experiment with buying and testing your arrows. you can set up your bow tweak it and setup arrows and tweak them without ever having to spend a penny.
Archerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
CutTheLoop

CutTheLoop will become famous soon enoughCutTheLoop will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
Jeeeze....

I thought everyone knew about OnTarget2; it is a program for archers interested in making sight tapes and pin gaps. Plus it helps with arrow spine selection and allows you to experiment with different combinations of arrows, points, and fletching with simulations to indicate the results. Plus much, much more...

http://www.pinwheelsoftware.com/

Yep, been using it since about middle of 2002. There's a couple different flavors, if you don't want the whole enchillada there's a shaft selection version also.

But I'd recommend the full meal deal, very much worth the price. And Larry is top notch when it comes to tech support.

CutTheLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #9
Chilis chop shop
AV3

Chilis chop shop is on a distinguished road
Default Free?

is the new version a free upgrade if you already have the previous version? or is there an additional fee?
Old 02-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #10
JAVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilis chop shop View Post
is the new version a free upgrade if you already have the previous version? or is there an additional fee?
Depends on when you bought your's I think
Old 02-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #11
MickeyBee

MickeyBee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOBsKILL View Post
And Larry is top notch when it comes to tech support.

That is an undestatement!!!
MickeyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #12
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

went to the website and couldnt find it, u gotta link?

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

OnTarget is worth every penny and pretty easy to use.
It can also teach you some of the more 'cerebral' things about how a bow and arrow work (or not) together. I love it.

You can play around with 'what-if' scenarios without blowing money on new arrows, point weights, vanes/feathers, nocks, wraps, etc.... It's very cool. But I'm a computer guy so I use things like that as a tool anyway. You can download a partially functional trial version for free and upgrade to the real version later.

Thanks for posting the update availability Javi....

Ron

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #14
pred8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
went to the website and couldnt find it, u gotta link?
See post #3. I downloaded the trial version to give it a try.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #15
pred8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
OnTarget is worth every penny and pretty easy to use.
It can also teach you some of the more 'cerebral' things about how a bow and arrow work (or not) together. I love it.

You can play around with 'what-if' scenarios without blowing money on new arrows, point weights, vanes/feathers, nocks, wraps, etc.... It's very cool. But I'm a computer guy so I use things like that as a tool anyway. You can download a partially functional trial version for free and upgrade to the real version later.

Thanks for posting the update availability Javi....

Ron
What's the difference between the trial and the purchased product? I don't shoot spots or any indoor, but am looking to set up a bow for 3D. Still useful (I'm still playing with it and trying to figure it all out 'cuz I'm a computer dummy)?

Old 02-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #16
Chilis chop shop
AV3

Chilis chop shop is on a distinguished road
Default Wow

I just uploaded the new version last night, and your right it has changed quite a bit. unfortunatly, it confirmed my suspicions that the previous version was giving me lighter spine recommendation than I really needed. Oh well, have to buy a dozen 340's today and put up some 400's for sale. Don't know you personally Bill, but thanks for being dedicated to improving your already great product and giveing the chronic tinkerers like me better and better information to use. ....Chili
Old 02-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #17
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pred8er View Post
What's the difference between the trial and the purchased product? I don't shoot spots or any indoor, but am looking to set up a bow for 3D. Still useful (I'm still playing with it and trying to figure it all out 'cuz I'm a computer dummy)?
I do not know what it is now but as I recall (a couple of years ago) it had limited database information and I do not think you could print out sight tapes and pin gap gauges. There may have been more but about 2 days after I downloaded the trial/limited version I was sold and paid the $30 or so for the real version.

Also, the more you play around with it the more you will learn and understand. You do NOT necessarily have to be a number's person like me to realize it's value, even though the software does put forth a lot of numbers. It also lets you enter a lot of numbers to override the database information, arrow weight estimates, etc..... The instruction guide that you can either view or print out is also very comprehensive and easy to understand.

It's worth looking into.

Ron

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #18
pred8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
I do not know what it is now but as I recall (a couple of years ago) it had limited database information and I do not think you could print out sight tapes and pin gap gauges. There may have been more but about 2 days after I downloaded the trial/limited version I was sold and paid the $30 or so for the real version.

Also, the more you play around with it the more you will learn and understand. You do NOT necessarily have to be a number's person like me to realize it's value, even though the software does put forth a lot of numbers. It also lets you enter a lot of numbers to override the database information, arrow weight estimates, etc..... The instruction guide that you can either view or print out is also very comprehensive and easy to understand.

It's worth looking into.

Ron
Thanks, I'm definitely considering it!