Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
okarcher
Bow In Hand!
 
okarcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 402
okarcher is on a distinguished road
Default 1DevineShooter Wins Florida Pro/Am

Congrats!!! to a fellow Okie archer for winning the first pro/am of the year. Julie Devine has been working hard to accomplish this goal. She just started archery a little over a year ago. She shoots Women's Bowhunter.
__________________
Goldtip Arrows,T.R.U. Ball Releases
,Bohning vanes
okarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
Paul S.
I do not follow!
 
Paul S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N.W. Ohio
Posts: 552
Paul S. is on a distinguished road
Default

Way to go Julie! You're tearing it up this year.
__________________
Proud Member of the FBSA

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html
Paul S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
Daniel Boone
Senior Member
 
Daniel Boone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,934
Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default 3dshoots member

Alpine shooter.

$2500.00 Baby, 51 shooters in her class. Alpine better get ready to sign some checks this year.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO
__________________
Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
hstubblefield
Senior Member
 
hstubblefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,597
hstubblefield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hstubblefield
Default

Go julie guess she will give me a run for my money again this year
__________________
Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
Whistling Wings Guide Service
Bad Boys Bowfishing
hstubblefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Daniel Boone
Senior Member
 
Daniel Boone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,934
Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Out of her class Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstubblefield View Post
Go julie guess she will give me a run for my money again this year

But make her by lunch with all that cash. Dont get beat by a girl
DB
__________________
Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
Archerdad
Senior Member
 
Archerdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 896
Archerdad will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Archerdad
Default

congrats julie!!
excellent job. sounds like alpine is gonna work for you!
Archerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #7
khoyt
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 35
khoyt is on a distinguished road
Default

Congratulations Julie! Fanatastik win!
khoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #8
bout
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 276
bout is on a distinguished road
Default We are really Happy

Congrates and whaoo I will be working on getting the checks out this week .......................
__________________
Chris Berry (looking for a great bow company)
Nikon Pro-Staff, Spot-Hogg Sights, Gold-Tip Pro-Staff, B-Stinger Brotherhood, Lumenok Pro-Staff,Muzzy Pro-Staff,Montana Decoy Pro-Staff
Shoot strong and never let the blood dry in the back of your truck!!!!!!!
bout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #9
ba3darcher
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 274
ba3darcher is on a distinguished road
Default

congrats julie, way to go....
ba3darcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #10
dicksenn
14 Ring for Me!
 
dicksenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Glenpool, OK
Posts: 491
dicksenn is on a distinguished road
Default

Great job Julie! All that hard work is paying off! Congrats.

Richard
__________________
Archery Outpost
Tulsa, OK
Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows
dicksenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #11
hstubblefield
Senior Member
 
hstubblefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,597
hstubblefield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hstubblefield
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
But make her by lunch with all that cash. Dont get beat by a girl
DB
All that money i want something good like steak
__________________
Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
Whistling Wings Guide Service
Bad Boys Bowfishing
hstubblefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
1DevineShooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bristow, OK
Posts: 262
1DevineShooter is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks guys! It was a REAL nice weekend! All of you that know me, know that I am dying to get right back out there and do it again. Gots me a serious addiction to foam!

Alpine has been a great fit for me. They all treat me like family! The bow is a shooting machine. I had already signed with Alpine and had my bow for a few weeks before they announced the $2500 contingency, let's just say I about fell out of my chair from shock! It's definitely a nice bonus!

Hey Hunter! You missed the steak sweetheart. We already did that! We left the shoot and drove strait to the steakhouse, and yes I did buy! It was YUMMY!!!!!! You had better practice up turkey, cuz like a lot of other fellers I know (like my husband for one, and many more) you are about to become a victim of the chick with the pink bow!
__________________
Alpine Archery - factory staff shooter ** Coyote Bluff Archery - staff shooter ** Victory Arrows - advisory staff ** Bohning - staff shooter
Equipment: Alpine Sienna (yep it's PINK!), Victory X-RingerHV 350, Bohning Blazer X2's, Trophy Taker, Scott's Little Bitty Goose
1DevineShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #13
hstubblefield
Senior Member
 
hstubblefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,597
hstubblefield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hstubblefield
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DevineShooter View Post
Thanks guys! It was a REAL nice weekend! All of you that know me, know that I am dying to get right back out there and do it again. Gots me a serious addiction to foam!

Alpine has been a great fit for me. They all treat me like family! The bow is a shooting machine. I had already signed with Alpine and had my bow for a few weeks before they announced the $2500 contingency, let's just say I about fell out of my chair from shock! It's definitely a nice bonus!

Hey Hunter! You missed the steak sweetheart. We already did that! We left the shoot and drove strait to the steakhouse, and yes I did buy! It was YUMMY!!!!!! You had better practice up turkey, cuz like a lot of other fellers I know (like my husband for one, and many more) you are about to become a victim of the chick with the pink bow!
Allright see yall sunday i am proble not going 2 shoot my best
__________________
Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
Whistling Wings Guide Service
Bad Boys Bowfishing
hstubblefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
1DevineShooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bristow, OK
Posts: 262
1DevineShooter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstubblefield View Post
Allright see yall sunday i am proble not going 2 shoot my best
What no smack talk from Hunter? Dude, are you feeling allright?
__________________
Alpine Archery - factory staff shooter ** Coyote Bluff Archery - staff shooter ** Victory Arrows - advisory staff ** Bohning - staff shooter
Equipment: Alpine Sienna (yep it's PINK!), Victory X-RingerHV 350, Bohning Blazer X2's, Trophy Taker, Scott's Little Bitty Goose
1DevineShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #15
hstubblefield
Senior Member
 
hstubblefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,597
hstubblefield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hstubblefield
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DevineShooter View Post
What no smack talk from Hunter? Dude, are you feeling allright?
I am feeling allright me and my bowtech got some kinks to work out tho if they dont pick me up next year i will be with yall shooting alpine chris is a very good guy.I think dad will staywith them for me it just depends on how i shoot
__________________
Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
Whistling Wings Guide Service
Bad Boys Bowfishing

Last edited by hstubblefield; 02-03-2009 at 07:24 PM.
hstubblefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #16
MeanV2
Senior Member
 
MeanV2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SE Illinois
Posts: 1,162
MeanV2 is on a distinguished road
Default

Congrats to you Julie!!

Dan
__________________
Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
MAITLAND BOW DEALER
Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
www.meanvarchery.com
MeanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #17
1DevineShooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bristow, OK
Posts: 262
1DevineShooter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstubblefield View Post
I am feeling allright me and my bowtech got some kinks to work out tho if they dont pick me up next year i will be with yall shooting alpine chris is a very good guy.I think dad will staywith them for me it just depends on how i shoot
You'll get it worked out. I was freakin' out all the way up to a few weeks before we left for Florida because I just didn't have my bow all tweaked the way I wanted, then it came together and obviously worked like a charm! I started shooting lights out with it (although you can't tell that from my Florida score but it was enough to win). Remember, I got my bow in November and it took me that long to get everything right on it. You just barely got yours so give it some time. Everything feels different and wrong right now, but you'll get in a groove and it'll be ok. I went to a much shorter ATA bow and I had a terrible time even finding a good anchor on it because the angle of the string was so different from the LX I was shooting last year. Just keep practicing and make yourself slow down and really concentrate on every little step and you'll get it worked out. Oh man, I just realized that I was being nice to you, and that just can't happen! Turkey, get your butt out there and shoot and quit your whining! Whew that felt better!
__________________
Alpine Archery - factory staff shooter ** Coyote Bluff Archery - staff shooter ** Victory Arrows - advisory staff ** Bohning - staff shooter
Equipment: Alpine Sienna (yep it's PINK!), Victory X-RingerHV 350, Bohning Blazer X2's, Trophy Taker, Scott's Little Bitty Goose
1DevineShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #18
1DevineShooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bristow, OK
Posts: 262
1DevineShooter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
Congrats to you Julie!!

Dan
Thanks!
__________________
Alpine Archery - factory staff shooter ** Coyote Bluff Archery - staff shooter ** Victory Arrows - advisory staff ** Bohning - staff shooter
Equipment: Alpine Sienna (yep it's PINK!), Victory X-RingerHV 350, Bohning Blazer X2's, Trophy Taker, Scott's Little Bitty Goose
1DevineShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #19
JDX--
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 870
JDX-- will become famous soon enough
Default

Congrats on some awesome shooting!!!!
__________________
The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!


JDX-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #20
jbsoonerfan
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 55
jbsoonerfan is on a distinguished road
Default

Good job Julie! From the Sooner State games to Florida, she is taking over.
jbsoonerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #21
hstubblefield
Senior Member
 
hstubblefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,597
hstubblefield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hstubblefield
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DevineShooter View Post
You'll get it worked out. I was freakin' out all the way up to a few weeks before we left for Florida because I just didn't have my bow all tweaked the way I wanted, then it came together and obviously worked like a charm! I started shooting lights out with it (although you can't tell that from my Florida score but it was enough to win). Remember, I got my bow in November and it took me that long to get everything right on it. You just barely got yours so give it some time. Everything feels different and wrong right now, but you'll get in a groove and it'll be ok. I went to a much shorter ATA bow and I had a terrible time even finding a good anchor on it because the angle of the string was so different from the LX I was shooting last year. Just keep practicing and make yourself slow down and really concentrate on every little step and you'll get it worked out. Oh man, I just realized that I was being nice to you, and that just can't happen! Turkey, get your butt out there and shoot and quit your whining! Whew that felt better!
Julie i was just kidding you cant shoot good when you dont have no arrows i got them know and i am shooting lights out you better bring your A game
__________________
Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
Whistling Wings Guide Service
Bad Boys Bowfishing
hstubblefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com