Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
Rob01

Rob01 is on a distinguished road
Default 2512 XX78s?

Anyone still using them? Haven't shot 3D in about 14 years when I used a PSE G-Force and the 2512 XX78s and they worked pretty well. Picked up a used Bowtech Pro 40 and looking to get back into competing for some fun. Now it seems like most people use carbon over the aluminum. Does carbon offer that much of an advantage? Would it be better to go with something like a Fatboy or Lightspeed? Any help would be appreciated.
Rob01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
archerykid12

archerykid12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob01 View Post
Anyone still using them? Haven't shot 3D in about 14 years when I used a PSE G-Force and the 2512 XX78s and they worked pretty well. Picked up a used Bowtech Pro 40 and looking to get back into competing for some fun. Now it seems like most people use carbon over the aluminum. Does carbon offer that much of an advantage? Would it be better to go with something like a Fatboy or Lightspeed? Any help would be appreciated.
i shoot 2512 x7s for 5 spot but i will never shoot them for 3d they bend to easily for that IMO i would stick to carbon for 3d
archerykid12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
IChim2
IChim2 and he's a shooter

IChim2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob01 View Post
I use the xx78 2512 super/lites....good arrows.
IChim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:42 AM   #4
Rob01

Rob01 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies. After looking around the site and also at different arrows I think i might take the leap from aluminum and try some carbon arrows. Looking at the Easton Lightspeed and Gold Tip Ultralight 22. Looks like I can get less weight with them.

Thanks.
Rob01 is offline   Reply With Quote