Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #1
Wheely
Wheely Threads
 
Wheely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,595
Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about
Default Ahhhh...that felt sooo good!

I am so pumped right now, I just have to tell someone. I shot my bow for the first time in 4.5 years. Thanks for the advice on sighting in. I didn't miss the target even once. I went to an indoor shoot tonight and thought I would totally suck, but now wish I kept score. I hit perfect center shots quite a few times. that felt soo good...anyone got a cigarette?

Here is me at the range, if you have any advice on my form, do tell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0096edited.JPG (50.9 KB, 145 views)
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:13 AM   #2
midevilarcher5575
Banned
 
midevilarcher5575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 180
midevilarcher5575 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to midevilarcher5575
Default

look's ok to me,keep on hitting the x-ring

Last edited by midevilarcher5575; 02-02-2007 at 01:14 AM. Reason: hit the wrong button
midevilarcher5575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Congratulations on the shoot. Glad to hear we actually gave some good advise. Remember its all about FUN, enjoy yourself. As for your form it looks pretty good to me just make sure you relax your bow hand. Do not get too rigid as this can cause bow torque.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:53 AM   #4
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

your form is actually pretty darn good! Maybe shorten your release by a tiny bit as it looks like your reaching out pretty far to hit the trigger but other then that its looking good!

you look like your leaning back a little bit, its not much at all and could just be the camera angle though.

Its hard to tell but do you have a wrist strap on? It looks like you do and if you do it looks to be pretty tight, this can cause a bit of bow torquing depending on how you react when you release. Having that very tight sort of negates the open hand that you are shooting with... then again it may be lose and I'm just seeing things.

get rid of that stupid tube-peep They have a tendency to fail at the worst possible moment, they also cost you a lot of speed. And having a big tube hanging off your bow is not exactly a good thing when walking through anything thick.

btw... ITS WINTER! PUT ON A COAT!!!
__________________
No I'm not dead

Last edited by Dredly; 02-02-2007 at 06:57 AM.
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:09 AM   #5
Chris
Administrator
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,074
Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute
Default

You now have the addiction and the only fix is more shooting.
__________________
Chris Christenson - Admin
3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #6
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
your form is actually pretty darn good! Maybe shorten your release by a tiny bit as it looks like your reaching out pretty far to hit the trigger but other then that its looking good!

you look like your leaning back a little bit, its not much at all and could just be the camera angle though.

Its hard to tell but do you have a wrist strap on? It looks like you do and if you do it looks to be pretty tight, this can cause a bit of bow torquing depending on how you react when you release. Having that very tight sort of negates the open hand that you are shooting with... then again it may be lose and I'm just seeing things.

get rid of that stupid tube-peep They have a tendency to fail at the worst possible moment, they also cost you a lot of speed. And having a big tube hanging off your bow is not exactly a good thing when walking through anything thick.

btw... ITS WINTER! PUT ON A COAT!!!
WHAT..................they do not fail if you replace them once a year(cost=maybe $1) peeps without tubes fail at the worst possible time(not rotating properly). Ok so just how much speed do they cost you?????? 5fps wow thats a lot. I hunt in some pretty thick stuff and have never had a problem with the tube getting caught on anything. Shoot what you have confidence in. This is by the way just my opinion, we are all entitled to our own.
__________________


"HONDA"

Last edited by BowhuntnHoosier; 02-02-2007 at 08:51 AM.
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:00 AM   #7
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son
 
jcmorgan31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orange Co., Indiana
Posts: 4,569
jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough
Default

I would venture to guess that less than 5% of all the shooters that I encounter over a years time at indoor and outdoor shoots use a tubed peep site. They really hurt when they come loose from the cable end at full draw. If your string is shot in properly before you install a tubeless peep site, there should be no twisting of the peep. If so, your string is stretching and you probably need a higher quality string. Just my opinion here. I have about 500 shots with my new string and my peep stays right where it needs to be without a rubber band attached to it.....
__________________
Pathfinder Arrow Wraps
jcmorgan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:31 AM   #8
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
WHAT..................they do not fail if you replace them once a year(cost=maybe $1) peeps without tubes fail at the worst possible time(not rotating properly). Ok so just how much speed do they cost you?????? 5fps wow thats a lot. I hunt in some pretty thick stuff and have never had a problem with the tube getting caught on anything. Shoot what you have confidence in. This is by the way just my opinion, we are all entitled to our own.
I've had issues with them snapping or popping off the peep, I know other people have as well and yeah, having that tube snap at full draw hurts a bit.
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #9
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
I would venture to guess that less than 5% of all the shooters that I encounter over a years time at indoor and outdoor shoots use a tubed peep site. They really hurt when they come loose from the cable end at full draw. If your string is shot in properly before you install a tubeless peep site, there should be no twisting of the peep. If so, your string is stretching and you probably need a higher quality string. Just my opinion here. I have about 500 shots with my new string and my peep stays right where it needs to be without a rubber band attached to it.....
Never tried a tubeless peep with my XT. But when I shot my Jennings I had one on it and had a very nice 8 Pointer at about 17 yards drew and could not see a thing, talk about upset I tried to adjust with my nose and got busted. From then on I have not used a tubeless peep on a hunting bow.

Keep them long enough so they just align your peep and replace every year.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son
 
jcmorgan31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orange Co., Indiana
Posts: 4,569
jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
Never tried a tubeless peep with my XT. But when I shot my Jennings I had one on it and had a very nice 8 Pointer at about 17 yards drew and could not see a thing, talk about upset I tried to adjust with my nose and got busted. From then on I have not used a tubeless peep on a hunting bow.

Keep them long enough so they just align your peep and replace every year.
Being on a Jennings (which was my fist bow brand that I shot for 8 years) my comment about a quality string makes perfect sense. If you shoot in your string, say a 100 shots or so to get the stretching out of it, and then install your peep, there is absolutely no reason for the peep to rotate on shot number 101.

I have also drawn on a deer and had my tube snap. Probably my fault for not replacing it, but I don't need another thing to worry about. I'm lucky to get in my stand with my release in my pocket.....
__________________
Pathfinder Arrow Wraps
jcmorgan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #11
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Hmmm...............maybe I will talk to Cody about getting a tubeless peep put on. Pretty sure I have at least 100 shots on the XT.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:54 AM   #12
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son
 
jcmorgan31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orange Co., Indiana
Posts: 4,569
jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
Hmmm...............maybe I will talk to Cody about getting a tubeless peep put on. Pretty sure I have at least 100 shots on the XT.

Is this the same "Cody" I know? If so, ask him about one of them special "Custom Cody" bowstrings .... tell him Justin mentioned it to you...
__________________
Pathfinder Arrow Wraps
jcmorgan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #13
Wheely
Wheely Threads
 
Wheely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,595
Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
Congratulations on the shoot. Glad to hear we actually gave some good advise. Remember its all about FUN, enjoy yourself. As for your form it looks pretty good to me just make sure you relax your bow hand. Do not get too rigid as this can cause bow torque.
That's what they told me at the shoot. I tend to grab my bow after I shoot.
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #14
Wheely
Wheely Threads
 
Wheely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,595
Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about
Default

Dredly--Put a coat on? What's that? I live in N. CA. It's suppose to be about 75 degrees this weekend.

Tubeless Peep, Huh? I started with one of those and it always turned on me. Maybe my string just wasn't stretched yet. That is why we put the tube on. I hunted with with my tube peep and never once snagged it. Maybe I will try the tubeless again since the string has definately been stretched enough. I would rather not put my eye out if I have a better option.

Thanks,
Shanon
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #15
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
Dredly--Put a coat on? What's that? I live in N. CA. It's suppose to be about 75 degrees this weekend.

Thanks,
Shanon

fine freeze to death and get sick SEE IF I CARE!
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #16
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
Is this the same "Cody" I know? If so, ask him about one of them special "Custom Cody" bowstrings .... tell him Justin mentioned it to you...
Yep same fella.................he is always talking about you and Danny. Always saying good things.....lol Custom Cody bowstrings huh
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #17
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
Dredly--Put a coat on? What's that? I live in N. CA. It's suppose to be about 75 degrees this weekend.

Tubeless Peep, Huh? I started with one of those and it always turned on me. Maybe my string just wasn't stretched yet. That is why we put the tube on. I hunted with with my tube peep and never once snagged it. Maybe I will try the tubeless again since the string has definately been stretched enough. I would rather not put my eye out if I have a better option.

Thanks,
Shanon
Now this is just wrong I say we ban her til we get an average temp of around 70 here. LOL J/K glad someone is having fun shooting outside. I shot outside the other day and my arms froze at full draw.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #18
dodgensince74
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

dang , got tricked by another thread title
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #19
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son
 
jcmorgan31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orange Co., Indiana
Posts: 4,569
jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
Yep same fella.................he is always talking about you and Danny. Always saying good things.....lol Custom Cody bowstrings huh
Cody is a good kid. He should be sporting some of my arrow wraps soon. I traded Jim a black cherry C2 for a Kiwi C2 and it had a set of strings on it that Cody built. Danny and I started calling them "custom Cody's".

Did you shoot at Jimmy's benefit shoot at Archers Spot? If so, I probably saw you in the crowd....
__________________
Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Last edited by jcmorgan31; 02-02-2007 at 01:17 PM.
jcmorgan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #20
brokenarrow
Evil Genius
 
brokenarrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hudson Valley NY
Posts: 5,305
brokenarrow is on a distinguished road
Default

Congrats on gettin to shoot....Just keep it up and you'll be bustin' X's like crazy...
Dredly had a good point about loosening your bowsling and shortening your release alittle, that may even correct your lean back (it's only slight)...other than that looks good...
__________________

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:57 PM   #21
Wheely
Wheely Threads
 
Wheely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,595
Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about
Default

my wrist strap is actually pretty loose. It does look tight in the pic though.
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #22
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
my wrist strap is actually pretty loose. It does look tight in the pic though.
pretty good form for a girl....I would say......


I should know, they say I ARE one......
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #23
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
Cody is a good kid. He should be sporting some of my arrow wraps soon. I traded Jim a black cherry C2 for a Kiwi C2 and it had a set of strings on it that Cody built. Danny and I started calling them "custom Cody's".

Did you shoot at Jimmy's benefit shoot at Archers Spot? If so, I probably saw you in the crowd....
Now I never got to shoot at the benefit shoot. Cody is a great bow tech I trust him with my bow over anyone else around.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:36 PM   #24
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
pretty good form for a girl....I would say......


I should know, they say I ARE one......:biggrin1:
Dude I've seen your pics and if you ARE one then you one UGLY one.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:30 PM   #25
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
Dude I've seen your pics and if you ARE one then you one UGLY one.
thank you.....you sure know how to win someones heart......
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:43 PM   #26
Jay Are
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 1,403
Jay Are will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
pretty good form for a girl....I would say......


I should know, they say I ARE one......
No --- we never said you were a girl, only a man thats shoots a girl's bow, wears skirts and uses lotion to gain bigger MOOBS!
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:46 PM   #27
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
No --- we never said you were a girl, only a man thats shoots a girl's bow, wears skirts and uses lotion to gain bigger MOOBS!
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #28
bullspotter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,047
bullspotter is on a distinguished road
Default

Wow must have been some goooood shootin if you needed a smoke when you got done!!!! Wish i needed one when i got done.....
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:21 AM   #29
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
thank you.....you sure know how to win someones heart......
Just tryin to keep it real.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:31 AM   #30
brokenarrow
Evil Genius
 
brokenarrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hudson Valley NY
Posts: 5,305
brokenarrow is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
Just tryin to keep it real.
You sweet talker you...
__________________

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com