Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #1
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about
Default Ahhhh...that felt sooo good!

I am so pumped right now, I just have to tell someone. I shot my bow for the first time in 4.5 years. Thanks for the advice on sighting in. I didn't miss the target even once. I went to an indoor shoot tonight and thought I would totally suck, but now wish I kept score. I hit perfect center shots quite a few times. that felt soo good...anyone got a cigarette?

Here is me at the range, if you have any advice on my form, do tell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0096edited.JPG (50.9 KB, 145 views)
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:13 AM   #2
midevilarcher5575
Banned

midevilarcher5575 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to midevilarcher5575

look's ok to me,keep on hitting the x-ring

Last edited by midevilarcher5575; 02-02-2007 at 01:14 AM. Reason: hit the wrong button
midevilarcher5575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations on the shoot. Glad to hear we actually gave some good advise. Remember its all about FUN, enjoy yourself. As for your form it looks pretty good to me just make sure you relax your bow hand. Do not get too rigid as this can cause bow torque.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:53 AM   #4
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

your form is actually pretty darn good! Maybe shorten your release by a tiny bit as it looks like your reaching out pretty far to hit the trigger but other then that its looking good!

you look like your leaning back a little bit, its not much at all and could just be the camera angle though.

Its hard to tell but do you have a wrist strap on? It looks like you do and if you do it looks to be pretty tight, this can cause a bit of bow torquing depending on how you react when you release. Having that very tight sort of negates the open hand that you are shooting with... then again it may be lose and I'm just seeing things.

get rid of that stupid tube-peep They have a tendency to fail at the worst possible moment, they also cost you a lot of speed. And having a big tube hanging off your bow is not exactly a good thing when walking through anything thick.

btw... ITS WINTER! PUT ON A COAT!!!

Last edited by Dredly; 02-02-2007 at 06:57 AM.
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:09 AM   #5
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

You now have the addiction and the only fix is more shooting.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #6
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
your form is actually pretty darn good! Maybe shorten your release by a tiny bit as it looks like your reaching out pretty far to hit the trigger but other then that its looking good!

you look like your leaning back a little bit, its not much at all and could just be the camera angle though.

Its hard to tell but do you have a wrist strap on? It looks like you do and if you do it looks to be pretty tight, this can cause a bit of bow torquing depending on how you react when you release. Having that very tight sort of negates the open hand that you are shooting with... then again it may be lose and I'm just seeing things.

get rid of that stupid tube-peep They have a tendency to fail at the worst possible moment, they also cost you a lot of speed. And having a big tube hanging off your bow is not exactly a good thing when walking through anything thick.

btw... ITS WINTER! PUT ON A COAT!!!
WHAT..................they do not fail if you replace them once a year(cost=maybe $1) peeps without tubes fail at the worst possible time(not rotating properly). Ok so just how much speed do they cost you?????? 5fps wow thats a lot. I hunt in some pretty thick stuff and have never had a problem with the tube getting caught on anything. Shoot what you have confidence in. This is by the way just my opinion, we are all entitled to our own.

"HONDA"

Last edited by BowhuntnHoosier; 02-02-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:00 AM   #7
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough

I would venture to guess that less than 5% of all the shooters that I encounter over a years time at indoor and outdoor shoots use a tubed peep site. They really hurt when they come loose from the cable end at full draw. If your string is shot in properly before you install a tubeless peep site, there should be no twisting of the peep. If so, your string is stretching and you probably need a higher quality string. Just my opinion here. I have about 500 shots with my new string and my peep stays right where it needs to be without a rubber band attached to it.....
Old 02-02-2007, 09:31 AM   #8
Dredly
Site Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
WHAT..................they do not fail if you replace them once a year(cost=maybe $1) peeps without tubes fail at the worst possible time(not rotating properly). Ok so just how much speed do they cost you?????? 5fps wow thats a lot. I hunt in some pretty thick stuff and have never had a problem with the tube getting caught on anything. Shoot what you have confidence in. This is by the way just my opinion, we are all entitled to our own.
I've had issues with them snapping or popping off the peep, I know other people have as well and yeah, having that tube snap at full draw hurts a bit.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #9
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
I would venture to guess that less than 5% of all the shooters that I encounter over a years time at indoor and outdoor shoots use a tubed peep site. They really hurt when they come loose from the cable end at full draw. If your string is shot in properly before you install a tubeless peep site, there should be no twisting of the peep. If so, your string is stretching and you probably need a higher quality string. Just my opinion here. I have about 500 shots with my new string and my peep stays right where it needs to be without a rubber band attached to it.....
Never tried a tubeless peep with my XT. But when I shot my Jennings I had one on it and had a very nice 8 Pointer at about 17 yards drew and could not see a thing, talk about upset I tried to adjust with my nose and got busted. From then on I have not used a tubeless peep on a hunting bow.

Keep them long enough so they just align your peep and replace every year.

"HONDA"
Old 02-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Never tried a tubeless peep with my XT. But when I shot my Jennings I had one on it and had a very nice 8 Pointer at about 17 yards drew and could not see a thing, talk about upset I tried to adjust with my nose and got busted. From then on I have not used a tubeless peep on a hunting bow.

Keep them long enough so they just align your peep and replace every year.
Being on a Jennings (which was my fist bow brand that I shot for 8 years) my comment about a quality string makes perfect sense. If you shoot in your string, say a 100 shots or so to get the stretching out of it, and then install your peep, there is absolutely no reason for the peep to rotate on shot number 101.

I have also drawn on a deer and had my tube snap. Probably my fault for not replacing it, but I don't need another thing to worry about. I'm lucky to get in my stand with my release in my pocket.....
Old 02-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #11
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Hmmm...............maybe I will talk to Cody about getting a tubeless peep put on. Pretty sure I have at least 100 shots on the XT.

"HONDA"
Old 02-02-2007, 10:54 AM   #12
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Hmmm...............maybe I will talk to Cody about getting a tubeless peep put on. Pretty sure I have at least 100 shots on the XT.

Is this the same "Cody" I know? If so, ask him about one of them special "Custom Cody" bowstrings .... tell him Justin mentioned it to you...
Old 02-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #13
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Quote:
Congratulations on the shoot. Glad to hear we actually gave some good advise. Remember its all about FUN, enjoy yourself. As for your form it looks pretty good to me just make sure you relax your bow hand. Do not get too rigid as this can cause bow torque.
That's what they told me at the shoot. I tend to grab my bow after I shoot.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #14
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Dredly--Put a coat on? What's that? I live in N. CA. It's suppose to be about 75 degrees this weekend.

Tubeless Peep, Huh? I started with one of those and it always turned on me. Maybe my string just wasn't stretched yet. That is why we put the tube on. I hunted with with my tube peep and never once snagged it. Maybe I will try the tubeless again since the string has definately been stretched enough. I would rather not put my eye out if I have a better option.

Thanks,
Shanon
Old 02-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #15
Dredly
Site Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
Dredly--Put a coat on? What's that? I live in N. CA. It's suppose to be about 75 degrees this weekend.

Thanks,
Shanon

fine freeze to death and get sick SEE IF I CARE!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #16
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
Is this the same "Cody" I know? If so, ask him about one of them special "Custom Cody" bowstrings .... tell him Justin mentioned it to you...
Yep same fella.................he is always talking about you and Danny. Always saying good things.....lol Custom Cody bowstrings huh

"HONDA"
Old 02-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #17
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:

Tubeless Peep, Huh? I started with one of those and it always turned on me. Maybe my string just wasn't stretched yet. That is why we put the tube on. I hunted with with my tube peep and never once snagged it. Maybe I will try the tubeless again since the string has definately been stretched enough. I would rather not put my eye out if I have a better option.

Thanks,
Shanon
Now this is just wrong I say we ban her til we get an average temp of around 70 here. LOL J/K glad someone is having fun shooting outside. I shot outside the other day and my arms froze at full draw.

"HONDA"
Old 02-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #18
dodgensince74

dang , got tricked by another thread title
Old 02-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #19
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Yep same fella.................he is always talking about you and Danny. Always saying good things.....lol Custom Cody bowstrings huh
Cody is a good kid. He should be sporting some of my arrow wraps soon. I traded Jim a black cherry C2 for a Kiwi C2 and it had a set of strings on it that Cody built. Danny and I started calling them "custom Cody's".

Did you shoot at Jimmy's benefit shoot at Archers Spot? If so, I probably saw you in the crowd....

Last edited by jcmorgan31; 02-02-2007 at 01:17 PM.
jcmorgan31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #20
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road

Congrats on gettin to shoot....Just keep it up and you'll be bustin' X's like crazy...
Dredly had a good point about loosening your bowsling and shortening your release alittle, that may even correct your lean back (it's only slight)...other than that looks good...

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:57 PM   #21
Wheely
Wheely Threads

my wrist strap is actually pretty loose. It does look tight in the pic though.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #22
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
my wrist strap is actually pretty loose. It does look tight in the pic though.
pretty good form for a girl....I would say......

I should know, they say I ARE one......
Old 02-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #23
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
Cody is a good kid. He should be sporting some of my arrow wraps soon. I traded Jim a black cherry C2 for a Kiwi C2 and it had a set of strings on it that Cody built. Danny and I started calling them "custom Cody's".

Did you shoot at Jimmy's benefit shoot at Archers Spot? If so, I probably saw you in the crowd....
Now I never got to shoot at the benefit shoot. Cody is a great bow tech I trust him with my bow over anyone else around.

"HONDA"
Old 02-02-2007, 04:36 PM   #24
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post

I should know, they say I ARE one......:biggrin1:
Dude I've seen your pics and if you ARE one then you one UGLY one.

"HONDA"
Old 02-02-2007, 10:30 PM   #25
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Dude I've seen your pics and if you ARE one then you one UGLY one.
thank you.....you sure know how to win someones heart......
Old 02-02-2007, 10:43 PM   #26
Jay Are

Jay Are will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I should know, they say I ARE one......
No --- we never said you were a girl, only a man thats shoots a girl's bow, wears skirts and uses lotion to gain bigger MOOBS!
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:46 PM   #27
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
No --- we never said you were a girl, only a man thats shoots a girl's bow, wears skirts and uses lotion to gain bigger MOOBS!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #28
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

Wow must have been some goooood shootin if you needed a smoke when you got done!!!! Wish i needed one when i got done.....
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:21 AM   #29
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
thank you.....you sure know how to win someones heart......
Just tryin to keep it real.

"HONDA"
Old 02-03-2007, 07:31 AM   #30
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just tryin to keep it real.
You sweet talker you...

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote