HCA Iron Mace
So I went to the Eastern Sportsman Show yesterday out in Harrisburg. I really wanted to check out the HCA Iron Mace that has been getting such great reveiws...
I picked it up... held it for a few seconds. put it down and walked away.
- It feels very awkward due to the huge grip that is on it. While most manufacturers are going toward more streamlined grips that are designed to reduce toruqe this bow went 100% the other way. It was like holding onto a recurve!
- Weight... I shoot an OG that is 37"+ a2a and the Iron Mace felt significantly heavier. It is most likely due to the way it is built but I didn't like the weight feel of it.
- The model that was at the show showed significant wear around the edges of both cams. the dipping was torn up and the edges were extremely sharp. If I would have run my finger around the edge of the cam with any force I would have cut myself
- The riser looks pretty sloppy, the cutouts do not look well designed, it looks like they were just thrown there because cutouts are the cool thing to do
- The strings and cables showed more wear then I was expecting for a bow that just recently came out... I'm not sure if it was because of the cams or not but it looked like a string that had been used for months
- The lettering is on the inside of the limbs... ummm WHY?!?!?
Overall I didn't shoot it as there was a crowd of people wandering around but I was really disappointed. I have removed this one from my list of bows to watch.
No I'm not dead