Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
a1shooter

a1shooter is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a new (used) bow.

I haven't been shooting 3D (or hunting) since back in the 90's. I am looking to get back into hunting and have been looking at some of the new bows. Can anyone tell me about the differences in PSE's HF cam and GX cams. Since I am a little older now I would like to shoot a little less weight but not sacrifice speed. Also what about the forgiveness of the short ATA bows like the X Force SS. I am looking for a bow with speed but would like the bow to be quiet as well. Any help on this would be appreciated.
a1shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
J.Blay

J.Blay is on a distinguished road

I shot the "09" Xforce at a hunting show last week. It was an awesom shooting bow with little jump, vibration , or noise. However, I will not pay $900 for any bow. My Hoyt Vectrix is just as quiet and vibration free. The xforce was lighter and faster but my "07" Vectrix only cost me $425 new because I waited until fall of 2008 to buy it and it was no longer Hoyts' flagship bow. If the "09" Xforce can be had for $500 in a couple years I may own one if no problems surface with this model. There are so many great bows today I really recomend shooting as many different brands and models as you can before buying. Personally, I feel confident that no deer will jump a well placed shot at 30 yards or less from any bow that shoots around 250 fps. Have fun, I do.
J.Blay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
ISO12ring

ISO12ring is on a distinguished road

I shot the new Mathews Reezen, and the Mathews S2 at my local bow shop here in AR. Both were pretty nice feeling bows, but THEN I shot the Hoyt AlphaMax 35 and I am now in LOVE!!! Hefty price tag at 850.00 but is well worth it in my opinion. It is the smoothest and quietest bow I have ever had the priviledge to shoot.
ISO12ring is offline   Reply With Quote