Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
Daniel Boone
Senior Member
 
Daniel Boone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,934
Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default You state wildlife agency question

After talking to many who work in the wildlife agencys.

Im finding out money is the driving source for Oklahoma wildlife laws.

Can politicians ruin hunting?

Is your state about making money and not preserving wildlife for many years to come? Should states be looking at wildlife as a source of revenue?

Fishing and hunting bring billions of dollars into state economy already in buissnesses. Isnt that enough!
DB

Economy is not good! States are suffering and this trend will continue in my opionion.
__________________
Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #2
archerybuff
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: KS
Posts: 157
archerybuff is on a distinguished road
Default

Can politicians ruin hunting?
If you want an answer to this just look at Kansas! Polititians need to stay out of wildlfe management.
archerybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
Daniel Boone
Senior Member
 
Daniel Boone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,934
Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerybuff View Post
Can politicians ruin hunting?
If you want an answer to this just look at Kansas! Polititians need to stay out of wildlfe management.
Kansas and Illinois have one of the best managed states around untell the last few years.
DB
__________________
Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
scottnorthwest
Wabbit Huntin
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 150
scottnorthwest is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
After talking to many who work in the wildlife agencys.

Im finding out money is the driving source for Oklahoma wildlife laws.

Can politicians ruin hunting?

Is your state about making money and not preserving wildlife for many years to come? Should states be looking at wildlife as a source of revenue?

Fishing and hunting bring billions of dollars into state economy already in buissnesses. Isnt that enough!
DB

Economy is not good! States are suffering and this trend will continue in my opionion.
Hmmm, I will answer your question with a question. What have you seen politicians touch that has come out better?
scottnorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #5
archerybuff
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: KS
Posts: 157
archerybuff is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottnorthwest View Post
Hmmm, I will answer your question with a question. What have you seen politicians touch that has come out better?
Exactly! It usually turns out better for a few people. Those are usually the people that helped the politician get elected. The genaral public usually suffers
archerybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
scottnorthwest
Wabbit Huntin
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 150
scottnorthwest is on a distinguished road
Default

Here in Washington last year we had a very isolated incident. A 16 and 14 year old were hunting and the 14 year old mistook a 50 year old female hiker for a bear, he shot and killed her. While tragic, accidents are very rare in Washington (we have more room out here than most of you). Despite the fact this has not happened before or since the politicians jumped all over it and are thinking of changing the restrictions on minor hunters. Just a knee jerk reaction to a isolated incident.
scottnorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
Daniel Boone
Senior Member
 
Daniel Boone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,934
Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Sad fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottnorthwest View Post
Here in Washington last year we had a very isolated incident. A 16 and 14 year old were hunting and the 14 year old mistook a 50 year old female hiker for a bear, he shot and killed her. While tragic, accidents are very rare in Washington (we have more room out here than most of you). Despite the fact this has not happened before or since the politicians jumped all over it and are thinking of changing the restrictions on minor hunters. Just a knee jerk reaction to a isolated incident.

Often accidents do cause big time factors in many things. Hunters must continue to write and send letters to protect are rights. I would rather have them hunting than doing other things in life. Adults do the same accident alot more than minors hunting.
DB
__________________
Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
gamoboy
Senior Member
 
gamoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: tulsa oklahoma
Posts: 748
gamoboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to gamoboy Send a message via Skype™ to gamoboy
Default

my opinion is that oklahoma has always been over populated with hunter with not enough land. there are some regulations that bother me and some that are good for us. i dont want politicians involved because what do they know about hunting and fishing? or even hunting regulations. there are also alot of other factors in this also. agriculture,herd management, each areas own special ecosystem, problem animals. there are alot of things politicians dont know about.
__________________
GT500 27.5/65= 284
GT XT Hunter 7595
Slick Trick 100gr Mags
CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
Trophy Taker Pronghorn
gamoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com