Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Tournament Forum > MAC Midwest Archery Championship

Old 04-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
ksmaximums

ksmaximums is on a distinguished road
Default MAC Shoot-South Central Wis Archers

Not a good first visit to a club I never been too....

I understand the weather was not ideal. But after a 45 min. drive and quiting work early to make the posted 2P.M. Registration time.

I was told that because it was slow the club started to close up the course.
I'm crying over what I will get over. But after not shooting a bow for the past 10 years and wanting to get back into tournments. It's not a good way to have it start.

yes the reason I went was the MAC Event... Just venting
ksmaximums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
wilsonjvl

wilsonjvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmaximums View Post
Not a good first visit to a club I never been too....

I understand the weather was not ideal. But after a 45 min. drive and quiting work early to make the posted 2P.M. Registration time.

I was told that because it was slow the club started to close up the course.
I'm crying over what I will get over. But after not shooting a bow for the past 10 years and wanting to get back into tournments. It's not a good way to have it start.

yes the reason I went was the MAC Event... Just venting

I was there and it looked like a pretty good turn out to me. I don't understand the "slow" we had people after us as far as we could see. Sorry to here that you couldn't shoot, if a club sets a time than that time should be stuck to no matter what the conditions are. We went from this shoot to the shoot in Janesville and the time cut off is three and we didn't even start the course until well after that due to the rain. I guess it just depends on who is running the event.
wilsonjvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
oldtwohairs

oldtwohairs is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to let everyone know, that as the President of the South Central WI Archers I was not pleased when it was brought my attention that this had happened.

I have contacted ksmaximums and apologized for the incident. Everyone has my personal guarantee that this will never happen again!
I wasn't in the club house at the time, in fact I and another club member were out on the course just finishing up our 30 target round of shooting. I know that we hadn't had many shooters on Sunday and the weather had turned crappy.....but your right, that is no excuse for shutting down registration early and starting to tear down the course. This matter will be the main topic of discussion at next months meeting and the problem will be rectified.

Kevin Winkler / SCWA President
oldtwohairs is offline   Reply With Quote