Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
cboutin

cboutin is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone see more complaining at 3d's this year?

Is it just up here or is there a lot more complaining about course set ups and how shoots are run this year every where? I have heard so much complaining about just about everything at every shoot I have gone to this year, mostly over distances, I have heard people complaining that practice butts were short or long a yard or two,things like Open class shooters complaining about long shots over 35 yards , I thought that is what the open class was for or at a recent qualifier a couple people walked off the course because they thought it was to tough or targets aren't brand new (not bad enough for pass trough's) or one is missing a head (I don't aim for heads anyway). I didn't think it was that bad ,it will be tougher at the championships . I feel a tougher course makes me better and I welcome the challenge that's why I shoot the longer stakes. The other thing is tunnels?? Some people say they shoot 3D to practice for hunting and complain about tunnels or dark shady spots I know when I am hunting the animals don't always walk out into the open perfectly cut shooting lanes
sorry to ramble but it's getting ridiculous
Level 2 Instructor,Bowhunter Ed Instructor
Vt,NH, & CT ASA State Rep
cboutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
J.A.G.

J.A.G. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to J.A.G.

i've heard some here too, which i think is normal. most ranges set up to please the asa crowd.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
dbdcougar
He Who Drops His Bow Arm

dbdcougar will become famous soon enough

I'd say maybe a little less than usual actually.
dbdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default After years in a service based industry I ve decided....

Complaining makes people happy.

The End.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
Jhorne

Jhorne is on a distinguished road

The only complaint I'm hearing is having to walk so far to the ranges. Which sucks.
Jhorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #6
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

havent heard much complaining here, I did shoot with some folks and they started talking about my club(didnt have a club shirt on) which I am the vice president of. I listened for a while then said to them " So I guess our course is predictable".........got real quiet they tried to apologize which of course i told them it was no big deal, I was using what they said as constructive criticism. kinda funny though

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #7
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Your always going to have complaints. The only thing I don't like is when they make all the shots the same. What I mean is they are all long or all short. Oh and the animals should be appropriate for the distance. If you want a longer shot say 45 yards, don't put the skunk out there.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #8
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Complaints

Honestly this year in Oklahoma has been good. Most courses I have been to have been set reasonable.

My biggest complaint is making the courses to hard. Most want reasonable distances set which understandable. Setting small target unreasonable distances is the biggest complaints I hear.
DB
Old 07-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #9
cboutin

cboutin is on a distinguished road

I know that there is complaining at every shoot I have been 3ding for over 15 years and putting on shoots with no help except for my wife on shoot days but this year seem to be the worst it's been in a long time . Attendance is down big time and every club is doing there best, most clubs are only doing one day shoots two times a year a couple only put on one I do three, I am a die hard and still do 2 days my wife keeps telling me I shouldn't put in the effort with the poor turn out ( I do it for me), and the lack of respect it's making a lot of the clubs not want to put in the work. You can get 100 great jobs but you get a couple of complaints and it really hits hard and you get less and less help
It's not just here in Vermont I go to shoots all over New England and the belly aching and nit picking is getting bad
Level 2 Instructor,Bowhunter Ed Instructor
Vt,NH, & CT ASA State Rep
cboutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #10
broken arrow

broken arrow is on a distinguished road

My only complaint is when they put a backstop 10 yards off to the side I really don't understand
broken arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
glpoe
Old Archer

glpoe is on a distinguished road

Gee's Guys, we don't have a club within a 100 miles of us but me and the Grandsons try to make a shoot once a month. We do it just for the fun of it and really have a blast no matter what the range is like. So far every shoot we have gone to has been cold and rainy, and we live in West Texas where it doesn't rain that often. Life is just to short to get upset over someting like an archery shoot not being set up like you want it. Besides the cost isn't all that much around here. $10 for non club members and you get to meet some really nice people, except for those your talking about that complain a lot.
glpoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #12
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Wink There will always be complainers !

There are some ( my wife's relatives seem to be this way ) ,that will always , be doing the complaining regardless ! You can't please everyone ,so why try !

God made them ,so the rest of us could feel good about ourselves !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #13
stevejo@work

stevejo@work is on a distinguished road

I've seen a small amount in Washington. I'm a bit of noob to 3-d and I didn't expect it.

I think for me, I want to be pushed... I want a challenging course.

I'd rather lose or break 5 arrows because it was tough than brease through and shoot up along with 15 other people. (wow, another deer at 23 yards...)

One complaint I overheard that I guess I dont understand was a few weeks ago.

There was a turkey target and it was at least 37 yards. A fair poke

I think a few of us snuck 8's and the rest got 5's

This one guy was in full fledge rant (he got a 5) about the unrealistic distance... target too far etc.

Put that sucker out there at 67... I dont care. We all have to shoot the same freakin shot. The tough ones separate the men from the boys.
stevejo@work is offline   Reply With Quote