Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #41
bow66

bow66 is on a distinguished road

i just started shooting x7 eclipse 2212. with 100 grain tips and bohning x vanes 1.75 sheild cut.
bow66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #42
DeluxeRaider
SEMI

DeluxeRaider is on a distinguished road

ok...I ran a little experiment this past weekend at our last state qualifier.

I shot the Triple X arrows (400 grain) and was only shooting 265 FPS (pulling 60 lbs @ 29 in draw) and was very impressed with the points that I picked up.

I ended up hitting 4 14's in a row, and I do not believe that if I was shooting my 22 series arrows that I would have two of them... I also picked up a few 12's because of the fatter shaft.

Lastly, I was a little nervous because the wind was blowing at a pretty good clip, but I did not have much arrow drift at all...

So, now I must decide what to do at the State shoot and at the ASA Classic...do I go back to my 22 series shafts or do I continue the experiment????
Old 07-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #43
DeluxeRaider
SEMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeRaider View Post
ok...I ran a little experiment this past weekend at our last state qualifier.

I shot the Triple X arrows (400 grain) and was only shooting 265 FPS (pulling 60 lbs @ 29 in draw) and was very impressed with the points that I picked up.

I ended up hitting 4 14's in a row, and I do not believe that if I was shooting my 22 series arrows that I would have two of them... I also picked up a few 12's because of the fatter shaft.

Lastly, I was a little nervous because the wind was blowing at a pretty good clip, but I did not have much arrow drift at all...

So, now I must decide what to do at the State shoot and at the ASA Classic...do I go back to my 22 series shafts or do I continue the experiment????

It paid off this past weekend...thank goodness Jame did not show up and shoot....since he is coming to state, I am thinking this may be the only buckle that I win this year...haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buckle.jpg (98.6 KB, 41 views)
Old 07-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #44
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Nice Buckle

Quote:
It paid off this past weekend...thank goodness Jame did not show up and shoot....since he is coming to state, I am thinking this may be the only buckle that I win this year...haha
Congratulations. Don't sweat that Jame. Odds are he going to have a bad day sometime. They gave those at a qualifier?
DB
Old 07-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #45
DeluxeRaider
SEMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Congratulations. Don't sweat that Jame. Odds are he going to have a bad day sometime. They gave those at a qualifier?
DB
Yes sir....Gist buckles for high score at the qualifier...one to the high pins score and one to the high open score.

To make it fair they had you draw 5 numbers and they were marked on your scorecard and you took your score from those targets (all known distance). I hit 2-14's 1-12 and 2-10's to finish 10 up on those targets and 16 up for the weekend....I was able to edge out a few competitors that shot 8 up on their 5 targets...

We also got a sneak peek at the buckles that they are giving away for state this year...and I thought that last year's buckles were nice...these put them to shame!!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #46
CutTheLoop

CutTheLoop will become famous soon enoughCutTheLoop will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes sir....Gist buckles for high score at the qualifier...one to the high pins score and one to the high open score.

To make it fair they had you draw 5 numbers and they were marked on your scorecard and you took your score from those targets (all known distance). I hit 2-14's 1-12 and 2-10's to finish 10 up on those targets and 16 up for the weekend....I was able to edge out a few competitors that shot 8 up on their 5 targets...

We also got a sneak peek at the buckles that they are giving away for state this year...and I thought that last year's buckles were nice...these put them to shame!!

And us Limited guys.... well, we pretty much got the finger.

CutTheLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #47
DeluxeRaider
SEMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
And us Limited guys.... well, we pretty much got the finger.
well played!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #48
jame

jame is on a distinguished road

DB,
Are you trying to Jinx me? I will not have a bad day. I just might have a day where nothing comes together right.

Congrats Kurt. Thats a nice buckle. Sure wish I could have came up there. I had to work this past weekend.
Jame
jame is offline   Reply With Quote