Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
McCann

McCann is on a distinguished road
Default Would you......

go to a shoot at a club that has just begun offering 3D tourneys and had some very interesting issues at their first shoot? A local place has had one shoot(that i know of) and I have been told by 4 or 5 different people that they were peppered by trap shooters on the final targets. and that they were at the stake shooting their bow while 10 -15 yards away guys were blasting away on a sporting clays range.

how long would you give these guys to get their stuff sorted out before you would go to a shoot? I want to support as many of the local clubs as possible but it irks me to get peppered!

Marc
McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Safety First

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCann View Post
go to a shoot at a club that has just begun offering 3D tourneys and had some very interesting issues at their first shoot? A local place has had one shoot(that i know of) and I have been told by 4 or 5 different people that they were peppered by trap shooters on the final targets. and that they were at the stake shooting their bow while 10 -15 yards away guys were blasting away on a sporting clays range.

how long would you give these guys to get their stuff sorted out before you would go to a shoot? I want to support as many of the local clubs as possible but it irks me to get peppered!

Marc
There no doubt I would not want any lead coming my way. I have shot bows with shotguns going off. My local club has a gun range right nest door. No big deal. But they are opening themself up for a big lawsuit if any piece of the lead hits a archer in the eye.
DB
Old 07-07-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
stites08

stites08 is on a distinguished road
Default We shall see

I went to their first shoot and yes shotguns were going off everywhere. It is a shooting range and thats what you do there, you shoot right? Well, we did not get sprayed with lead but it rained green from the leaves above and that my friend was way too close for me. That being said, I know it was their first time and bugs do need to be worked out so I will try again on the 11th. This will be their 3rd shoot, we shall see.
stites08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
Too Many Hobbies

Too Many Hobbies is on a distinguished road

If it were me, they would have 1 more chance. either they shut down that stand during 3d shoots, or they move the location so that there is no chance of getting hit by pellets. Huge saftey violation IMO.

"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americians do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine." - From a Russian Document
Too Many Hobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
SandSquid
Uncle Sam's Canoe Club

SandSquid is on a distinguished road

I willingly put myself in the line of fire to protect the good people of Iraq and Kuwait....
But to come home and put myself in the direct line of fire,
and not be getting paid for it, and not wearing a gun and badge, and a Level 3 vest!?!?!?!
Not just no, but H&LL NO!

Gone camping in the mountains of Afghanistan.
Will return sometime in early/mid 2012.
SandSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
McCann

McCann is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stites08 View Post
I went to their first shoot and yes shotguns were going off everywhere. It is a shooting range and thats what you do there, you shoot right? Well, we did not get sprayed with lead but it rained green from the leaves above and that my friend was way too close for me. That being said, I know it was their first time and bugs do need to be worked out so I will try again on the 11th. This will be their 3rd shoot, we shall see.
Please let me know how it goes. I have to work all day on the 11th.

Marc
McCann is offline   Reply With Quote