Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Those that use Clearfiers

Do you use a peep hole larger than 3/64.?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Do you use a peep hole larger than 3/64.?
Yes... but it depends on the bow... My Apex with the small 1" scope I use a 1/16" but on the A-7 I use a 3/32" with the 1-5/8" CBE scope... and on the Prestige I use a 1/8" with the CBE...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #3
stevejo@work

stevejo@work is on a distinguished road

Im using a 1.75" scope and a 1/8" peep with clarifier.

6x lens, #1 clarifier.

Not sure if it's optimal or not, but I like the bigger scope size for 3d, get a lot of light through the clarifier as well.

But I dont have a ton of experience in these things.
stevejo@work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Cleafiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
Yes... but it depends on the bow... My Apex with the small 1" scope I use a 1/16" but on the A-7 I use a 3/32" with the 1-5/8" CBE scope... and on the Prestige I use a 1/8" with the CBE...

Im shooting a 1 3/8" viper and testing some glasses as cleafiers. Peep hole (3/64)is pretty small and Im wondering if with this set up. That the peep might be better with a larger peep hole. Might check out Gilliganham set up and Tom Crowes at the classic.
DB
Old 07-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Im shooting a 1 3/8" viper and testing some glasses as cleafiers. Peep hole (3/64)is pretty small and Im wondering if with this set up. That the peep might be better with a larger peep hole. Might check out Gilliganham set up and Tom Crowes at the classic.
DB
Dan it all depends on how close your eye is to the peep and the distance your sight is from the peep.. the closer your eye and the farther the sight is out the smaller the aperature can be and still allow you to see daylight around the scope to center it.. ... The only problem with sticking the sight out too far is that the peep diameter gets too small to allow enough light in... It's a compromise...
Old 07-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
ba3darcher

ba3darcher is on a distinguished road

DB- I use a 1/8 " size clarifier. with the position of my scope this size of clarifier allows me to fit the sight inside the peep so I know I am centered
ba3darcher is offline   Reply With Quote