Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
Reflex94

Reflex94 is on a distinguished road
Default Whisker biscuit vs Hostage pro

Hi im looking to put a captsure rest on my bow im looking at either the whisker biscuit or the hostage pro. Dose any one have any suggestions or opinions on either rest any help on making a decision would be very helpful .Thanks
Reflex94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
wyoming4x4

wyoming4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default hostage pro stuff

I have shot all these rest and like the hosage pro the most but the brushes wear out fast like 200 arrows and you'll be adjusting your sites and everything else. I've been told they have new brushes out and supposed to last longer like 1500 arrows before replacement. If you want to keep simple go with whisker bisket. but if octane is upgraded like they say now go with hostage because its easier on fletching. hostage pro is a great hunting rest just had brush issues. Later went to a limbsaver drop away on my marquis diamond.
wyoming4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:00 AM   #3
sweet old bill

sweet old bill is on a distinguished road

I use the wb rest in the big alum hole size. I shoot carbon arrows with 2 inch bohning hunter blazer vanes. I found that I get the best flight and no ware on the rest by going to the larger hole size. I have had the rest on this bow for 3 years now. What I love about the rest is it is simple and nothing goes and screws up the shop. I own / operate a small archery pro shop for over 20 years. Last year a buddy had to have the other rest you wanted info on, well he keeps having to change the brushs, they ware out in a very shot while. He now has changed over to the WB. I also like the WB large alum hole sizwe as I shoot feather in 3 inch high back cut style for indoor and this size hole works just great for feathers ( no ware)

I say to all archers use the kiss method on buying

Keep it simple stupid.....kiss

Bill
sweet old bill is offline   Reply With Quote