Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Second time shooting the PSE Omen

My PSE Rep came in the other day and brought the Omen with him. This was a 60#, 28" draw bow. At this weight it actually pulled pretty nice for a speed bow. It still has the "hump" at the end but I think you could easily get used to it.

Now, I didn't chrono the bow cuz I know it's fast. That's not the point. What I wanted to know is how it felt, how much vibration and does it tune.

Now, I didn't set this bow up. I shot it just like the rep brought it in. I grabbed a couple of my demo arrows and walked out to the paper tuning rack. Drew back and put quite a few nearly perfect paper tears in the tuning rack.

The were so close to perfect that I probably would not have even adjusted it if this were my bow.

The bow had just a hint of jump to it at the shot and very little vibration. Considering this bow is supposed to shoot over 360fps, that is very impressive. I never felt any wrist slap from the string at all.

Yesteday, I helped a customer paper tune a XForce6 with Goldtip 30X shafts for 3D. A couple of minor tweaks to the rest and he had perfect bullet hole tears.

PSE is really impressing me with their current line-up. They seem to be listening to the Reps and Dealers on what the bows need.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
hunter2678

hunter2678 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
My PSE Rep came in the other day and brought the Omen with him. This was a 60#, 28" draw bow. At this weight it actually pulled pretty nice for a speed bow. It still has the "hump" at the end but I think you could easily get used to it.

Now, I didn't chrono the bow cuz I know it's fast. That's not the point. What I wanted to know is how it felt, how much vibration and does it tune.

Now, I didn't set this bow up. I shot it just like the rep brought it in. I grabbed a couple of my demo arrows and walked out to the paper tuning rack. Drew back and put quite a few nearly perfect paper tears in the tuning rack.

The were so close to perfect that I probably would not have even adjusted it if this were my bow.

The bow had just a hint of jump to it at the shot and very little vibration. Considering this bow is supposed to shoot over 360fps, that is very impressive. I never felt any wrist slap from the string at all.

Yesteday, I helped a customer paper tune a XForce6 with Goldtip 30X shafts for 3D. A couple of minor tweaks to the rest and he had perfect bullet hole tears.

PSE is really impressing me with their current line-up. They seem to be listening to the Reps and Dealers on what the bows need.

I agree except for the questionably high MSRP part of the equation...