Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-25-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
Josh_Putman
My little huntin buddy

Josh_Putman is on a distinguished road
Default Hey there Daniel Boone, check out this pic

And answer me a question. How many Pro's or even Joe shooters do you see on the 3-d courses shooting with their loop set up like this? I was told about this method a few years ago, and I have found that I shoot a little better with my loop tied this way (under the arrow nock). I also use a spring steel rest. I was just curious how common this is among other shooters. Thanks in advance. Josh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mynock.jpg (62.0 KB, 414 views)

The greatest thing I had accomplished in my life was serving my country, until I became a dad.
Josh_Putman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
bbaumer

bbaumer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Putman View Post
And answer me a question. How many Pro's or even Joe shooters do you see on the 3-d courses shooting with their loop set up like this? I was told about this method a few years ago, and I have found that I shoot a little better with my loop tied this way (under the arrow nock). I also use a spring steel rest. I was just curious how common this is among other shooters. Thanks in advance. Josh
I know that in the Straight Talk from Michael Braden instructional video Michael Braden is shooting with his d-loop like this. He's had more than just a little success over the years as a Pro. Also shoots a wrist release.
bbaumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

There may be two or three pros shooting with loop under, Mike is/was one not sure he still does. It has both advantages and disadvantages...

Disadvantages are it can create nock travel where there was none.. and on shorter bows with long draw lengths it can cause the arrow to drop off the string and you usually must re-nock on a let down...

Advantages it puts downward pressure on the arrow rest and the arrow is less likely to fall off during the draw or in the wind.. and the loop can be shorter.

In essence it is the same as using a release with a rope instead of a loop..which most of us stopped using and went to the tied in loop because of the disadvantages listed above..
Old 07-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
bowdon
bowdon

bowdon is on a distinguished road

I know guys that have been shooting this way for years. Mostly indoor target shooters. I haven't seen in much outdoors it works better for the guys who is using a back tension release they don't have as mush travel on the relaese.

Last edited by bowdon; 07-26-2009 at 09:17 AM.
bowdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
mias

mias is on a distinguished road

I can see how this applies more down pressure on the arrow rest when drawing back.

But how would this change the amount of travel in your release?? Having the loop a lower on the string then before
mias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #6
bowdon
bowdon

bowdon is on a distinguished road

Just try it and you see. I have freind that has shot this way for year with a back tension and he shoot 300 60 X time after time. I think Zenith has a pace on it on ther info on shooting a loop. I have tried it and the loop it's has got to be tuned more to get it to go off. I didn't like the loop to much angle on back tension release. The loop under the nock work more like the rope thats was on the release.

Last edited by bowdon; 07-26-2009 at 09:41 AM.
bowdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
rodney482
I love this stuff

rodney482 is on a distinguished road

Popular with guys using spring steel rests
Old 07-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #8
J.A.G.

J.A.G. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to J.A.G.

my husband does his that way. I use to.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Some do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Putman View Post
I know some find it to be a good way. Nathan Brooks at times as shot his like this. Popular on one cams with some.

Javi gave a great answer.
DB

Great thread and question.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:14 AM   #10
jdawg240
BOWNUTS

jdawg240 is on a distinguished road

The first loop I had put on my bow years ago was installed at the pro shop like this. I shot it that way for a year. Seemed to work fine.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #11
boudreaux1

boudreaux1 is on a distinguished road

Been shootin mine that way for last 3 years works for me
boudreaux1 is offline   Reply With Quote