Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
n2t

n2t is on a distinguished road
Default ross 331

Honest opinion. Is there a segnificant real world difference between a ross 331, a mathews drenaline, and a martin orion. Are these just flavors with mild speed differences or is there a real honest difference in capability, accuracy, smoothness of draw, etc?
n2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #2
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Don't ditch the orion - get it working!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post

I second that emotion. Good Bow . All have a good company behind them all have good plus for them. Personal prefferences lke chevy, ford, dodge.. Do you know why they write all that advertizing hype..... to get you $$$.. Go Fish. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
Agreed...accuracy is is in consistant form and practice...not in any specific model...

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #5
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Very good information here these guys sometimes know what they are talking about.

You really need to talk to Martin or your proshop and get your Orion lined out. Some bows are smoother some are faster some prettier but if the bow does not fit you then you will not be accurate with it. Good luck and remember to have fun.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
n2t

n2t is on a distinguished road

The bow fits me well, it's just frustrating to shoot a better group with another guys bow, and have him shooting 80fps faster. Practice, got it.
n2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:27 PM   #7
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

I aggree with the others. Learn all you can about the bow you have. How to tune it, what happens when you change something, etc. Learning how to shoot yourself and how all the pieces of the puzzle fit including DL, arrow spine, point weight, fletching, cam orientation, timing, etc, etc. Better to stay with one bow for a while, for if you constantly change how do you know if it's the bow or you. When I was a teen my older brother took up guitar. For a few years it seemed he had a different one every month. One of his mentors suggested he learn how to play guitar and not let the guitar play him. When you truly believe you've got it all down, then a different bow might make a difference.
red44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by red44 View Post
I aggree with the others. Learn all you can about the bow you have. How to tune it, what happens when you change something, etc. Learning how to shoot yourself and how all the pieces of the puzzle fit including DL, arrow spine, point weight, fletching, cam orientation, timing, etc, etc. Better to stay with one bow for a while, for if you constantly change how do you know if it's the bow or you. When I was a teen my older brother took up guitar. For a few years it seemed he had a different one every month. One of his mentors suggested he learn how to play guitar and not let the guitar play him. When you truly believe you've got it all down, then a different bow might make a difference.

I think you need to work on tuning that thing......
Old 02-14-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2t View Post
The bow fits me well, it's just frustrating to shoot a better group with another guys bow, and have him shooting 80fps faster. Practice, got it.
you do realize that a bow being out of time as badly as yours sounds like it is will directly affect all aspects, including the speed.

The Orion has an IBO of between 295 and 300 FPS. Thats not to shabby the CR331 has an IBO of 305. The drenalin is a bit faster at 320... however it is also over 700.00

Your bow is fine, just get it tuned! if you don't have faith in your local shop call Martin and see if they will help you out OR send it to a guy that will do some good work on it (oh I dunno like maybe Chris on here?)