Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 08-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of
Default psychologist & antlers

Being serious, what drives many of us to hunt the biggest set of antlers we can find?

I got caught up in this a few years ago, and became almost rabid about it but can't explain what or even why. Nor can I explain why I recently reverted to my youth and could care less about killing a big set of antlers.

Now I want the tastiest venison I can find, and usually would rather kill a hog than a deer because I like the flavor better.

I just wonder what a psychologist might say about the obsession with a deer’s antlers or my lack thereof. Bowhunting forum

Old 08-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Looney Bin
At least I admit Im Crazy

Looney Bin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
Being serious, what drives many of us to hunt the biggest set of antlers we can find?

I got caught up in this a few years ago, and became almost rabid about it but can't explain what or even why. Nor can I explain why I recently reverted to my youth and could care less about killing a big set of antlers.

Now I want the tastiest venison I can find, and usually would rather kill a hog than a deer because I like the flavor better.

I just wonder what a psychologist might say about the obsession with a deer’s antlers or my lack thereof. Bowhunting forum

That we are all crazy. I guess that would make you a special kind of crazy

Looney Bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
jim p.
jim

jim p. is on a distinguished road

I think antlers to a hunter are like a knife to a guy. Ever notice how you always look at the knives even though you don't need one. It's like each set of antlers - all are unique in there own way.
jim p. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

I think I've reached the stage where I let my stomach do the choosing too. But then a deer comes into view and blows that plan out the window. I would like to get one big racked bugger before I die though. Other than that one, I'm very content with does and young bucks.