Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 08-27-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
grizz49
Old Archer

grizz49 is on a distinguished road
Question 2 Person Ladder Stands

I looking for some help with a 2 person ladder stand, my little girl has really shown some interest in deer watching. I think she might like to join Dad in a stand this year. Plenty of room, above all very safe and stable platform, easy set up. not to concerned on cost at the moment. What have some of you had good luck with. thanks in advance!
09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.
grizz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default We have a couple of these

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz49 View Post
I looking for some help with a 2 person ladder stand, my little girl has really shown some interest in deer watching. I think she might like to join Dad in a stand this year. Plenty of room, above all very safe and stable platform, easy set up. not to concerned on cost at the moment. What have some of you had good luck with. thanks in advance!
Big game makes some nice stands. This one here is dandy. But we have one of the cheaper ones as well and it its nice. They are heavy duty and plenty of room. I have a 20fter ladder stand just like this two sitter. I like the hand rail for climbing in and out.

http://shop.biggametreestands.com/pr...id=19&cat_id=2

Here a picture of my 20fter stand with hand rail thats built just like the two man.

Bowhunting forum

Bowhunting forum

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 08-27-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
Daniel Boone

Default Two man stands

I have one that I bought from Wal Mart and have used it for years. 15fter.

Has a rail and its not the biggest but plenty of room for one adult and child.

I think I paid like $130.00 for it. Served me well.

Its nothing like the one in the link above. That one is pretty big.
DB

Bowhunting forum

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 08-27-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:12 AM   #4
grizz49
Old Archer

Default Ladder Stands

Thanks DB, thats the company I have been looking at. (Big Game) I really like the models with the double rail sides. Super strong!
09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:24 AM   #5
kebees4

kebees4 is on a distinguished road

I would look for the TMA cert. on it. If it has that it meets safety standards and shoot be safe. I have them from Gander Mountain / DicksSporting goods and Cabelas and they all have been good. I buy them at end of season when they are 50-75% off.
http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm
kebees4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
jim p.
jim

jim p. is on a distinguished road

DB,

I'm impressed how well your ladder stand blends (hidden) in the tree - espcecially after I noticed the pruning around it.
The only thing I have against a ladder stand is, I wish the platform for your
feet would go back to the tree. I feel so out in the open when I stand up to take the shot. This is why I seldom use the one ladder stand we've got at the farm.
jim p. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
Daniel Boone

Default The cheapy two man stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim p. View Post
DB,

I'm impressed how well your ladder stand blends (hidden) in the tree - espcecially after I noticed the pruning around it.
The only thing I have against a ladder stand is, I wish the platform for your
feet would go back to the tree. I feel so out in the open when I stand up to take the shot. This is why I seldom use the one ladder stand we've got at the farm.
I have netting all around it now my two man now. The good stuff and your totally concealed sitting. I use the simms enhancer only so I can shoot sitting down in the two man. I take pictures of my stands to see what they look like from a deer view looking up. Now I dont like the fact that the higher stand in this tree one can be sillouted with the outline of sky behind you. Bad thing its one of my best stands and I have teken lots of deer from it. I have several trees with two stands so myself and buddy can sit together. I enjoy seeing pictures of guys set up in trees.

Bowhunting forum

Whats interesting the same treestand with the leaves off. Now its tough to move at all if a deer comes by. Noticed I have netting for the lower stand which is a ladder stand sit. Actually works good.

Bowhunting forum

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 08-28-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
Daniel Boone

Default Treestands

Hoping the oaks make in this treestand. Several good white oaks around this one. Its one of my favorites.

Bowhunting forum

Bowhunting forum
Old 08-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
Daniel Boone

Default Here that two picture above now.

Netting makes all the difference.

Bowhunting forum
Old 08-31-2009, 12:48 AM   #10
grizz49
Old Archer

Thumbs up Stands

Well I bought the Big Game Partner Plus Model, I will take it North over the holiday weekend. Very stong, double rail, safe for Mom and Little one!
Its only 16', however the tree that I plan one using has limbs as low as 8ft. I should be able to blend it in well. Thanks Everyone!
Old 08-31-2009, 03:35 AM   #11
Daniel Boone

Default Good purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz49 View Post
Well I bought the Big Game Partner Plus Model, I will take it North over the holiday weekend. Very stong, double rail, safe for Mom and Little one!
Its only 16', however the tree that I plan one using has limbs as low as 8ft. I should be able to blend it in well. Thanks Everyone!

That stand will be longer than you will. Heavy duty stands. This one been in this tree for many years.
DB

Bowhunting forum