Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 09-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
tennlabs

tennlabs is on a distinguished road
Default Trail Cam that don't take pics of nothing?

I've tried several that take lots of pics of warm vegetation and at night of nothing at all. Do any cameras stand out in their ability to take pics of ONLY deer? Thanks for any help.
tennlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
I missed

I missed is on a distinguished road

Are you asking if there is a camera that can identify whats moveing and then decide whether or not to take a picture?....no there is not.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
jame

jame is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennlabs View Post
I've tried several that take lots of pics of warm vegetation and at night of nothing at all. Do any cameras stand out in their ability to take pics of ONLY deer? Thanks for any help.
We have great luck with the MOultrie cameras. The life of the Moultrie is outstanding. I have owned Moultrie, Stealth and Cudde Backs. The Cudde Backs trigger speed is awesome and they take great pics but it seems like every 2 years I have to send them in to get fixed and it cost between $75-$125 everytime. There customer service is terrible cause they want you to upgrade everytime and spend more money. It seems like they KNow there 1 year warranty will be good since there camera wont quit untill it is close to 3 years old.
The stealth was ok. Just took alot of pics of nothing and the battery life was terrible.
The Moultrie hands down is the best we have used. Customer service, user friendly and longevity is just outstanding.
jame
jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Failure pictures

My Moultree gets its share. I think most cameras get there share even the high dollar ones.

Buddy says he having great success with this one.

His Qoute
The HCO SG550 is a much better camera for the money. It has a better trigger time, smaller size and longer battery life. Do a little research of Game Camera reviews.

HCO Camera. Cost around $230.00. Looks good and he said the reviews from folks in the industry give it great reviews.

http://www.huntingcamonline.com/SecurityUse.html
Old 09-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
freeds_01

freeds_01 is on a distinguished road

I recently bought 2 wildgame innovation cameras and I do not like them. One of them takes pictures and shows like 140 pics on camera, but then I try to check them with my viewer and it will say no image. The other can sit for 2 weeks, lots of sign that deer were through and will not take a picture half of the time. very disappointed. I also have a moultry and never had a problem with it. Very reliable.
freeds_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
killbambidead
bambi killer

killbambidead is on a distinguished road

i have good luck with a cuddeback capture and at 199 its not to expensive compared to some other cameras
killbambidead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
My Moultree gets its share. I think most cameras get there share even the high dollar ones.

Buddy says he having great success with this one.

His Qoute
The HCO SG550 is a much better camera for the money. It has a better trigger time, smaller size and longer battery life. Do a little research of Game Camera reviews.

HCO Camera. Cost around $230.00. Looks good and he said the reviews from folks in the industry give it great reviews.

http://www.huntingcamonline.com/SecurityUse.html
I've heard the same thing about the the ScoutGuard (same company) Covert II
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #8
TXbowhunter911
Archery Freak

TXbowhunter911 is on a distinguished road
Default Moultrie

I have been using the Moultrie Game Spy 200 for several years. I really like it. It runs on a 6 volt battery and a solar charger, so it runs all year on the same battery. Unfortunately I don't think they make them any more.
TXbowhunter911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #9
hstubblefield

hstubblefield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hstubblefield

We are haveing great luck with the bushnell cams.The infreads are around $150 work great for us
hstubblefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #10
ROWE562

ROWE562 is on a distinguished road
Default Moultrie

I have had stealth, moultrie and leaf river cams. I wouldn't own another stealth cam, the leaf river is ok, I would say moultrie is by far the best of the three. This is just my opinion of course. I got too many rump or nothing at all shots with the stealth cam. I am not saying moultrie is the best out there though. I have noticed recently getting quite a few white out shots or shots of nothing with one of my older models. I have 4 moultries up and running and work fine for me, especially if you compare prices.
ROWE562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #11
Cornfed

Cornfed is on a distinguished road

The cheap cams (like the models mentioned above) are notorious for this false shot problem. Also many of these "false triggers" are also caused by slow trigger speed and may be small game or fast moving critters that just get by the cam.

We've tested this theory by setting up different brand cams at the same station and the RECONYX has proved that there is indeed a HUGE difference in what you can get in a trail cam. I've owned them all, from Cuddebacks to Leaf Rivers and everything in between and in the end, my only regret that I wasted hard earned money on these other cams and didn't buy more Reconyx models. Very, very rare would be the Reconyx image with nothing in it. Simply none better, imho.
Cornfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #12
Daniel Boone

Default How Much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
The cheap cams (like the models mentioned above) are notorious for this false shot problem. Also many of these "false triggers" are also caused by slow trigger speed and may be small game or fast moving critters that just get by the cam.

We've tested this theory by setting up different brand cams at the same station and the RECONYX has proved that there is indeed a HUGE difference in what you can get in a trail cam. I've owned them all, from Cuddebacks to Leaf Rivers and everything in between and in the end, my only regret that I wasted hard earned money on these other cams and didn't buy more Reconyx models. Very, very rare would be the Reconyx image with nothing in it. Simply none better, imho.
What kind of money are these cameras? Im a po boy!
DB
Old 09-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #13
gamoboy

gamoboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to gamoboy Send a message via Skype™ to gamoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
What kind of money are these cameras? Im a po boy!
DB
seen one of them reconyx at bass pro for over 900 bucks.
CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
Trophy Taker Pronghorn
gamoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #14
Daniel Boone

Default Illinnois guys have all the money

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamoboy View Post
seen one of them reconyx at bass pro for over 900 bucks.
I knew that Cornfed was rich! He got all the big bucks tied up for opening day as well.
DB