Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
Buckwheat
Member
 
Buckwheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oxford, Al
Posts: 74
Buckwheat is on a distinguished road
Default BowTech Tom Kat

Can anyone give me some info on a BowTech Tomkat. I've looked it up at there web site but it shows a dual cam with vibration spiders on both the limbs and string. The one I'm looking at is a used bow about 2 or 3 years old. The bow is in good physical condition but has a single cam. I told the guy I'd give him $200.00 for the whole rig (sights, quiver, rest and case). Any info would be helpful. Thanks.
Buckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #2
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
Can anyone give me some info on a BowTech Tomkat. I've looked it up at there web site but it shows a dual cam with vibration spiders on both the limbs and string. The one I'm looking at is a used bow about 2 or 3 years old. The bow is in good physical condition but has a single cam. I told the guy I'd give him $200.00 for the whole rig (sights, quiver, rest and case). Any info would be helpful. Thanks.
what year? This is EXTREMLY important as the tomkat has been changed lots of times over the years.

Everything has changed from limbs to risers to cams to speed to A2A to Brace... basically Bowtech has continued to use the name "TomKat" for years and every year its a completly new bow.

that being said I don't think they ever made a BAD one, a buddy of mine shoots one, its like 30" A2A and it works extremely well
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
what year? This is EXTREMLY important as the tomkat has been changed lots of times over the years.

Everything has changed from limbs to risers to cams to speed to A2A to Brace... basically Bowtech has continued to use the name "TomKat" for years and every year its a completly new bow.

that being said I don't think they ever made a BAD one, a buddy of mine shoots one, its like 30" A2A and it works extremely well
just wondering why???they continue to use the same name......

wait a second doesnt mathews do the oppisite???they use the same bow and change the name every year????
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:02 PM   #4
two_shoes
YOU! Get in my belly!
 
two_shoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 900
two_shoes is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
just wondering why???they continue to use the same name......

wait a second doesnt mathews do the oppisite???they use the same bow and change the name every year????
BNG in the motorcycle world (bold new graphics)
__________________
_____________________________________________
FBSA Member.... Livin' Large!
'06 Mathews Apex 7
'06 Mathews Apex 7
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
-Thomas Jefferson


Eph. 2:8-10
two_shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
just wondering why???they continue to use the same name......

wait a second doesnt mathews do the oppisite???they use the same bow and change the name every year????
Its a well known bow name that sells. Its basically their "no frills hunting bow".

A while ago they released the "Full of Frills" hunting bow and called it the Might Mite... for a while they sort of traded off technologies for a while (dual cams, VFT, A2A sizes....) randomly one would disappear for a season and come back the next year

I think the Mighty Mite is gone from current and the TomKat has taken its place now as their tiny hunting bow for this year
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:35 AM   #6
red44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South East Massachusetts
Posts: 2,340
red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about
Default

You could try calling or emailing the guys at huntersfriend web site. They've sold tomcats for at least a few years. Looking at their archives at the single cam tomcat it had an IBO rating of 292, ATA of 31", BH of 9.13, and sold for 400-499.
red44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com