Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 10-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
Looney Bin
At least I admit Im Crazy

Looney Bin is on a distinguished road
Default Prime Hunting spot now destroyed... For now

One of my best hunting spots is shot for now. Its a 5 acre parcel that backed up to a couple hundred acres of unhunted and unpressured woods. Owned by a church. Lots of deer, lots of bucks and rubs.

I hadn't been there is a couple of weeks. I went yesterday climbed in my stand and as soon as day light broke the chainsaws fired up. Heavy equipment came rolling through. They had ripped a 20 foot wide path with 3 foot deep ruts in it. It zig zag deep into the woods and right through a prime bedding area. They are only pulling the hardwoods, but have really disturbed the land.

I'm hoping they will be done soon(before the rut), but I'm almost positive those bucks have gone noturnal for now. I guess I'll wait and see. If not there is always next year for that spot.

Looney Bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY is on a distinguished road

The area I hunt was logged 2 years ago and I thought the same thing. Believe it or not it didn't make a difference to the deer, I killed a really nice 9 point in the evening in the area they were logging during the day.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
Looney Bin
At least I admit Im Crazy

Looney Bin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'SIN'ERGY View Post
The area I hunt was logged 2 years ago and I thought the same thing. Believe it or not it didn't make a difference to the deer, I killed a really nice 9 point in the evening in the area they were logging during the day.
I know once they stop. The deer will settle down. Personally I doubt I'm going to have shot at a nice buck with heavy equipment running through every couple of minutes.Apparently they have been working sun up to sun down. Not to mention the path they cut is about 60 yds from one of my stands.

Looney Bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #4
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

If your stand is still in cover it might get hotter who knows? Ya it is'nt the same (which does stink) but your in cover right?
Sounds like a food plot on the making. You got seed for that "path"?

Last edited by red44; 10-14-2009 at 09:17 PM.
red44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

I had the same thing happen to one of my hot spots two years ago right before the rut. As it turned out it once they got done it turned into the best hunting spot I ve ever had.....to bad the land owner sold it the next year.

Hopefully they get it done quick. I bet once there done your hunting will be better than ever.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote