Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 10-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
bowdon
bowdon

bowdon is on a distinguished road
Default Filled my bonus tag tonight

It's hasn't been raining for three days, but tonight it started in again surprise surprise. When I got to the stand about 3:30 it was just misting so I thought I stick it out. About 6:00 pm it really started in raining. I was hear so I stayed in the stand. At 6:30 two fawn came down to the creek and started drinking water. I set there and watched them for about 10 minutes. Then here came the doe and she started drinking also. It's raining hard I though if she give me a really good shot I will shoot her because if I had to track her I could loose her in this rain. I watch her for about 5 minutes at about 15 yards she turned away from me and I though to myself I will just shoot her in the spine so I won't haft to track her. I put my 20 pin on her spine shooting down on her and let it fly she drop right in the creek like a ton of bricks and was rolling in the mud as she died. My arrow went all the way up to the vanes and sounded like I broke a big dead limb into. I'm tired now, but the arrow looked like it was in the center of the spine on the inside. I will look closer tomorrow. I know it got both lungs when I field dressed her and unscrewed the undamaged broadhead off under her chest the arrow was sticking about 3 inches through the center of her chest. I'm old and it all most kills me to get a deer in by myself any more. My 66 lb Black Ice and 400 Axis tipped with a 100 gr Montec really done a job on her and no tracking. You think I start hunting closer to the road

Last edited by bowdon; 10-20-2009 at 11:55 PM.
bowdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:31 AM   #2
grizz49
Old Archer

grizz49 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Doe Down!

Congrats!!!!!!Sounds like a hunt to remember! well placed arrow and G5 head did the job!
09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.
grizz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:35 AM   #3
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Congratulations

On a nice doe for the freezer
Old 10-21-2009, 06:56 AM   #4
Basinboy

Basinboy is on a distinguished road

Congrats on a great shot!
I know what you mean about hunting closer to the road. I try to hunt with a friend so I'll have some help dragging if I get one. lol
Basinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #5
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Great hunt....great story....great shot.

And for us older guys

Where's the best place to shoot a big deer.........

wait for it

WAIT FOR IT...................

Next to the truck.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote