Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 11-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
Patsplace

Patsplace is on a distinguished road
Default Goldtip 400 & 100 gr. Or 300 & 125 gr. for moose?

Howdy folks,
I've just bought a box of Gold Tip arrows and when I got them home (250 miles) I noticed that to use them with a 65 lb. pull bow I would have to use 100 gr. heads.

My question is should I return them for the heavier 300's which will allow for the use of 30" arrows with a 125 gr. head. My major focus is to hunt moose with them, as well as deer when I get the chance....and lay waste to the target in by back yard from various ranges.

What you folks think? Go with the 100 gr. heads or return them for the ones that will use 125 gr. heads.

Thanks folks,

Pat
Patsplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
sgmathews92

sgmathews92 is on a distinguished road

ive shot moose with g5 montec 100 grain out of a 60lb bow shooting a 426 grain arrow at 277fps and had great results, just place that arrow correctly and you shouldnt have any problems. Isnt it a little late for moose hunting? The rut is way over. If you manage to find a bull this year ill be amazed!
sgmathews92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:01 AM   #3
Patsplace

Patsplace is on a distinguished road

I'm back and just put meat in the freezer tonight. (Rifle) Shot under a big bull on the 3rd of Oct. (1st Bow Hunt in my 62 years of life) and to say that I'm keen on getting ready for next year is an understatement. The arrow flight seemed like slow motion. Neat!!!

I've been looking at the Montec 100 Grain heads and also the Woodsman 100 grain units. Both look good to me.

Am checking my pennies and looking at some of the new bows with lust in my heart.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmathews92 View Post
ive shot moose with g5 montec 100 grain out of a 60lb bow shooting a 426 grain arrow at 277fps and had great results, just place that arrow correctly and you shouldnt have any problems. Isnt it a little late for moose hunting? The rut is way over. If you manage to find a bull this year ill be amazed!
Patsplace is offline   Reply With Quote