Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 11-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
BERKUTMAX

BERKUTMAX is on a distinguished road
Default release for 3D

what are you using,I now shot whit this one but ineresting what koncept is bether.something like this or maybe TRU Ball tornado, sniper,stinger...
also try with back tension and dasnt fit me.And if I will buy release like that on what must take care. [IMG]old[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old...JPG (53.3 KB, 163 views)
BERKUTMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
WCH

WCH is on a distinguished road

For 3d I do use back tension which if I understood you said wasn't your thing which is understandable, alot of good shooters use wrist strap release, tension activated release, or thumb triggers. I would recommend with whatever you do get try to use back tension with it, you can use it with all these styles of release. Wrist Strap release I would recommend a tru ball, Scott, or Carter. With tru ball, maybe the sniper, or copperhead, idk. Scott I would recomend the Rhino, or a single caliber release (single or double is just a preference thing), Carter only offers a couple of this style.
Tension Activated Releases are a Carter thing, and alot use them and are successful with them. Carter makes a new one that can double as a tension activated release or thumb trigger just by adjusting it.
http://www.carterenterprises.com/pro...attraction.htm
The final style would be a thumb trigger release. With these I would recommend a Stan or a tru ball. I do not know alot about the Scott Ibex so I cannot give you alot of info on them. Tru Ball, I would recommend an absolute or a ST 360.
Which of these styles would you like better, it's a personal thing and I couldn't tell you it will just be which ever appeals to you the most.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
armyof1
JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff

armyof1 is on a distinguished road

WCH i just purchesed the carter b k hunter from DB and i love it . i was using a rist style but i like the carter better
armyof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
BERKUTMAX

BERKUTMAX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
For 3d I do use back tension which if I understood you said wasn't your thing which is understandable, alot of good shooters use wrist strap release, tension activated release, or thumb triggers. I would recommend with whatever you do get try to use back tension with it, you can use it with all these styles of release. Wrist Strap release I would recommend a tru ball, Scott, or Carter. With tru ball, maybe the sniper, or copperhead, idk. Scott I would recomend the Rhino, or a single caliber release (single or double is just a preference thing), Carter only offers a couple of this style.
Tension Activated Releases are a Carter thing, and alot use them and are successful with them. Carter makes a new one that can double as a tension activated release or thumb trigger just by adjusting it.
http://www.carterenterprises.com/pro...attraction.htm
The final style would be a thumb trigger release. With these I would recommend a Stan or a tru ball. I do not know alot about the Scott Ibex so I cannot give you alot of info on them. Tru Ball, I would recommend an absolute or a ST 360.
Which of these styles would you like better, it's a personal thing and I couldn't tell you it will just be which ever appeals to you the most.
WILL WAIT TO HAWE CHANSE TO TRY SAME OF TRU BALL s.
BERKUTMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
WCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERKUTMAX View Post
WILL WAIT TO HAWE CHANSE TO TRY SAME OF TRU BALL s.
Tru Ball makes some great release, I wouldn't mind shooting them.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #6
WCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyof1 View Post
WCH i just purchesed the carter b k hunter from DB and i love it . i was using a rist style but i like the carter better
I have tried, a, tru fire hurricane, tru fire 3d hunter, Scott Longhorn, Stan Shootoff, Scott wildcat, Tru Ball Absolute, and St 360. I have never got to try a carter, but if for some reason I ever do change from a pure Back Tension it will be to the Carter Attraction probably, I really like the concept of that release.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
hunter2678

hunter2678 is on a distinguished road

I started out with wrist straps..and then once I tried a thumbtrigger after 5 mins I was hooked, I've never shot better...I use the Carter Ember for both 3-D and hunting ....love it.

Beginners Archery Range
Old 11-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #8
armyof1
JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff

armyof1 is on a distinguished road

hunter thats a nice looking release
armyof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #9
WCH

Glad you found a release you love, that's all that matters.