Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 11-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
TurkeyBranch

TurkeyBranch is on a distinguished road
Default Hello and Help

Hi everyone, new guy here.
I used to shoot 3D years ago, around 1994 to 1996. Then had several things happen to make me stop.
I went through a divorce, a bad accident in which my neck, back, left shoulder, left elbow, left wrist were all broken. I have since had several surgeries, blah, blah, blah...
Anyway, I just had my old bow restrung, bought new arrows and want to start shooting again.

I was wondering if there is anyone around the Rockville, MD area to shoot with and help get me brought back up to speed?

Look forward to talking with everyone I can.
TurkeyBranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
kbohunt
are u a fat boy?

kbohunt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kbohunt
Default hey turk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyBranch View Post
I used to shoot 3D years ago, around 1994 to 1996. Then had several things happen to make me stop.
I went through a divorce, a bad accident in which my neck, back, left shoulder, left elbow, left wrist were all broken. I have since had several surgeries, blah, blah, blah...
Anyway, I just had my old bow restrung, bought new arrows and want to start shooting again.

I was wondering if there is anyone around the Rockville, MD area to shoot with and help get me brought back up to speed?

first off to the forum..im from virginia and i know where your comeing from been thru neck sugury myself..and going back n forth with archery..
im sure you will find alot of people that are into 3d shoots here and hunting
i havent shot far from you been to vabeach and pa shooting..check the archey clubs on this sight im in dixie bowman archery club and there are plenty of clubs just type in your state..and again welcome to the sight..ask questions and ask often someone will respond

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
Arrows..beman ICS hunter
SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
FBSA-MEMBER
Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A
kbohunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #3
J.A.G.

J.A.G. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to J.A.G.

Glad to see you getting back into it. One thing for sure, technology has changed a bunch. You will see there are soo many bows now that get you the speed you need without pulling 70# like in the old days. Best of luck!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #4
armyof1
JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff

armyof1 is on a distinguished road

I cant be of much help as i am just getting into the sport of 3d shooting my self but I can tell you that there are a lot of people on here that know what they are doing and are more than willing to help in anyway they can . I know they have sure helped me out a lot so if you have any questions dont hesitate to post them up and someone will respond to it . this is a great bunch of people on here and this forums is number 1 in my book
armyof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
WCH

WCH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyBranch View Post

Hey and welcome to 3dshoots. I don't know of clubs to shoot at around there but any questions you need answered feel free to post a question or even email me personally would be more than glad to help you in any way.