Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 11-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
Sturdyman

Sturdyman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up My first day on the outdoor target range.

Today was my first day on the outdoor target range. Granted, I was on the practice targets attempting to adjust my sight.

I was by myself in the woods. A slight rain fell on the fallen leaves. From that spot you could not tell you were in a large metropolitan area. I ripped off some forty shots in groups of four (I only have four arrows). After each group I would take a few steps back. The sounds in the woods, in the rain, taking practice shoots almost made me forget the last 9 months of work that has taken its toll on me. I am greatful to have a job in these times but a person needs an outlet.

After my fortieth arrow I just sat on the bench and took it all in. I am on vacation until Monday and I intend to shoot everyday until I must return to work. It is nice to be in the woods instead of a cubical. I would rather stare at the target and scan the country side instead of looking at my computer and reports all day long. I did not even mind that it was raining. It must be the same feeling one would have in a tree stand waiting for a dear. I can see why people invest so much in this sport. After practice I just sat in the car and listened to the rain for about 20 minutes. Then it was out of the parking lot, down the driveway, and back in the real world of Baltimore, Maryland.

Tomorrow after I shoot in the morning the club has a casual indoor league that meets in the evening. I think I will attend. Thank you everyone for helping a stressed individual relax a little.
Bowmen Accu-Riser I, 53 lbs draw 27 inch draw length, Tru Ball Axcel 3000 sight and Cascade #10 release, Trophy Taker Lizard Tongue rest, Posten Fat Max Stabilization, Easton arrows.

Last edited by Sturdyman; 11-11-2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Sturdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
Archerdad

Archerdad will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Archerdad

ahh spoken like a true archer.
Archerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #3
WCH

WCH is on a distinguished road

Wonderful story, archery truely is a great sport, though expensive you cannot truely put a price on how valuable it is to alot of people.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
armyof1
JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff

armyof1 is on a distinguished road

its a lot cheaper than a syc dr. or anti depresent drugs and a whole lot better for the soul . and yes that is the same feeling we hunters get setting in the stands , that is untill the deer show up then its all kinds of excitement
armyof1 is offline   Reply With Quote