Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic

Old 12-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
gamoboy

gamoboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to gamoboy Send a message via Skype™ to gamoboy
Angry venting (long)

okay, i have taken the 15 year old neighbor boy under my wing since his dad has done some pretty rotten stuff to him and he told his dad he never wants to see him again. (parents divorced).
i have tried to be the best role model i could be for him. taken him hunting and fishing and doing everything i could with him. he really likes the outdoors,even if its just sitting around a fire talking.
his mom is alot a bit weird. he is very sheltered. he has no friends beside me. but anyways his mom constantly complains about spending 10,000 a year for him to go to private school. and calls him a dumb pretty much every day and wonders why he does bad in school. its not that he does bad, he gets at least c's evey once in a while he will get a d.
she wants him at home every day, hince the no friends part. and she makes him do everything she does. she treats him like hes 4, she wont hardly let him outside anymore. he also has to visit he aunt and uncle every other day and sit around and watch girly tv shows. and since he cant go outside or do alot of hunting and fishing he is a bit big and his mom also tells him he is fat.

i dont know what all you guys were doing at 15 but when i was that age i had tons of friends and went hunting and fishing every chance i got. enjoying my adolescence every chance i got. unlike most of us he is stuck inside doing nothing but sitting around watching tv and playing with his guitars.

another part is that he has this huge opurtunity to hunt on private land with a guide and take his first deer tomarrow. the private land and guide is one of our 3D members, and his mom doesnt want him to go. also he attended his hunter education class today and passed his test with 100%. this boy deserves alot more than what he gets from his mom.
CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
Trophy Taker Pronghorn
gamoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Here's what I think !

I try to stay out of others kid's lives as I feel it is the parents doing the upbringing as they get what they raise ,has always been my thinking .

To tell you the truth ,you are really a great person for doing what you are doing and I for one hope this doesn't backfire in your face !

I've raised three children ,all married and now have eight grandchildren (may be more yet to come ) and they are what matters to me as my family takes care of our own .

PS. Wish you well !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
SEAPRO34

SEAPRO34 is on a distinguished road

He is not your kid.
SEAPRO34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
one2bhunting

one2bhunting is on a distinguished road

yeah man he is not yours. but that does not mean he should be abused! calling your kid dumb ass or telling them they are fat is not healthy and tells me the mom is garbage plain and simple. take the kid every chance you can and continue to be a good role model. maybe you can have him go walkin or lift a little weight after the season to "help you" get in shape? either way sounds like the boy needs somebody to talk to. hope it works out well. jason
Old 12-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
gamoboy

yes i know he is not my kid. and that is real helpfull in my attitude. you know if every one thought like that then the world would turn to . aint mine anint my problem type of thinking alot of people have these days. no one wants to make a difference anymore. lets just have a bunch of drug dealing gangbangers running around. . yes he does need someone to talk to and he cant really talk to his family.
Trophy Taker Pronghorn
Old 12-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
bowhunterj
Blessed and Forgiven

bowhunterj is on a distinguished road

It is up to us to uplift our fellow man. and in this as many situations. i think of paul in the books of Acts and in I and II Corinthians. We should walk as Christ did, as hard as it is to do......................What Would JESUS Do
bowhunterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
TMax27

TMax27 is on a distinguished road

Good thing you are doing there gamoboy A lot of youngsters, and I mean a lot, need a positive role model in thier lives.
2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja
TMax27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
Uprangewilly

Uprangewilly is on a distinguished road

I can kind of relate to this young man. I was also heavy growing up and I didn’t have many friends either at his age, but I sure wasn’t required to spend all my time at home. My parents loved to have me out of the house. You guys telling this fella “Well its not your kid”, yeah your right but go back and look at that young mans smile after he shot that first deer. Daniel Boone posted it on 12-13. That memory will last a life time for him and no one can take that away.
It is crazy anyone would not see that Daniel Boone and Gamoboy have done a great thing by getting Gus on some deer and helping him get his first one. So I say to Gamoboy, keep up the good work and help that young fella do some more hunting and try to make him realize that he doesn’t have to sit at home and watch t.v. or play video games all the time. I wished someone would have taken me out like that at his age and help me bag a deer. Gamoboy, if you don’t help keep this young man on the right path then he may end up making some stupid decisions he will regret. Like getting involved in drugs or the wrong crowd. Anyway I guess im done venting about some of the comments on here and I just wanted to say thanks to both Gamoboy and Daniel Boone for helping out Gus and introducing a youth to the sport of hunting, my hat off to both of you.
Uprangewilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #9
gamoboy

thank you willy. that helped alot. wished more people could see my point of view on subjects like this. you cant help every kid, but you can atleat try to help one. and so what if its not your kid, would you want to be treated like that or your kids treated like that?
Trophy Taker Pronghorn
Old 12-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #10
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post
okay, i have taken the 15 year old neighbor boy under my wing since his dad has done some pretty rotten stuff to him and he told his dad he never wants to see him again. (parents divorced).
i have tried to be the best role model i could be for him. taken him hunting and fishing and doing everything i could with him. he really likes the outdoors,even if its just sitting around a fire talking.
his mom is alot a bit weird. he is very sheltered. he has no friends beside me. but anyways his mom constantly complains about spending 10,000 a year for him to go to private school. and calls him a dumb pretty much every day and wonders why he does bad in school. its not that he does bad, he gets at least c's Evey once in a while he will get a d.
she wants him at home every day, hence the no friends part. and she makes him do everything she does. she treats him like hes 4, she wont hardly let him outside anymore. he also has to visit he aunt and uncle every other day and sit around and watch girly tv shows. and since he cant go outside or do alot of hunting and fishing he is a bit big and his mom also tells him he is fat.

i dont know what all you guys were doing at 15 but when i was that age i had tons of friends and went hunting and fishing every chance i got. enjoying my adolescence every chance i got. unlike most of us he is stuck inside doing nothing but sitting around watching tv and playing with his guitars.

another part is that he has this huge opportunity to hunt on private land with a guide and take his first deer tomorrow. the private land and guide is one of our 3D members, and his mom doesnt want him to go. also he attended his hunter education class today and passed his test with 100%. this boy deserves alot more than what he gets from his mom.
Being a pastor I think you will find when we try to enlighten on subjects that thier little one is an angle and to but out
Hopefully she will be persuaded
I admire you for your helping this kid out
I did the same and the fellar grown now has ripped me of 4 times
he is now in jail
stole his Gma's checkbook and wrote some checks
this one got him 7 to 10
we have had peace now for 6 months

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Gamoboy

Believe it or not your making a big impact in this kids life.

What your doing today is rare and not many see what I saw when you guys came hunting.

Guz is quiet and often that from low self esteem. He needs a big brother and that what he got in you. He knows he can rely on you.

You can make a difference in this kids life.

You deserve alot credit making this effort to effect this kids life.
DB
Old 12-20-2009, 08:28 AM   #12
woodbooger

woodbooger is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up good going

dont give up
woodbooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #13
09Dreamseason
Shooting Edge Technology

09Dreamseason will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to 09Dreamseason Send a message via Yahoo to 09Dreamseason

some of my fondest memories are when a guy from my Church growing up used to take me Hunting and Fishing with him. He went with my father and my brothers as well, but often took me alone as I worked for him at his salvage yard through highschool. He even stood up for me when my father hit me with a stick over the back for an argument with my brother once and told me to call ANYTIME I needed help.

Though I never killed any big game during those High School years he taught me how to be a man and to step up in that "Big Brother" role when I seen someone less fortunate then me struggling. I have invited several other men as well as teenagers from my neighborhood and have passed on many traditions and hunting secrets along the way.

Keep trying to make a difference.......and let them have their family space when mom won't allow him to come out and "play". Soon he'll be old enough to make his own decisions and if you keep at it, you may keep a young man from making decisions he'll regret or worse.

www.ShootingEdgeTech.com
www.SaveOutdoorSports.com
09Dreamseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #14
Too Many Hobbies

Too Many Hobbies is on a distinguished road

Gamo, Don't give up!!

It sounds as if his family is a real piece of work, but what you are doing is definatly helping. If nothing else it is showing him that there is a different way to live your life than what his family does.

"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americians do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine." - From a Russian Document
Too Many Hobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #15
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Inquiry mind wants to know !

Did we get stuck with that kid here , as just who is Westy anyway ! .................................... ........................................... .................................... .....

Hi Westy !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote