Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-16-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
MTColl28734

MTColl28734 is on a distinguished road
Default Shipping compounds to North Carolina

I've come to understand that shipping compound bows to North Carolina is restricted or prohibited. Does that apply to dealers only or to anybody? I've tried to look throught the NC statutes, but I might as well be trying to navigate around Beijing.
MTColl28734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:00 AM   #2
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTColl28734 View Post
I've come to understand that shipping compound bows to North Carolina is restricted or prohibited. Does that apply to dealers only or to anybody? I've tried to look throught the NC statutes, but I might as well be trying to navigate around Beijing.
Do what? who lead you to understand something like that?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:24 AM   #3
MTColl28734

MTColl28734 is on a distinguished road
Default Bps

Bass Pro Shops, for one, says that the sale of compound bows is restricted in NC, NJ, and New York City.
MTColl28734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:18 AM   #4
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTColl28734 View Post
Bass Pro Shops, for one, says that the sale of compound bows is restricted in NC, NJ, and New York City.
I'd do a little more checking if I was you. I did a search on the issue and the only thing I could find is a law requiring you to have a permit to buy a crossbow going back to the 90's.

Nothing on a compound.. at least in NC... and I think the crossbow thingy may have been changed.

On something like this it is better to call the AG's office and ask for specifics in writing..
Old 01-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #5
pinkfletch

pinkfletch is on a distinguished road
Default Not on compounds

There are restrictions on crossbows. Only FFL dealers may retail and a handgun permit is required to purchase. Mail order companies will not ship to individuals in NC. Not sure if permit is required for transfer between individuals.
This what happens after someone commits a crime in NC with a crossbow. God help us if someone tries it with a compound or longbow, we may have to go back to hunting with slingshots
pinkfletch is offline   Reply With Quote