Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
Hoyt1945

Hoyt1945 is on a distinguished road
Default Javi should write an Archers Manual

Javi you're sitting on a small gold mine. With your knowledge about tuning and shooting a bow and your composition skills, you could sell a lot of books or manuals. Harvey Pinick the golf instructor wrote a book, "The Little Red Book" and every serious golfer bought one. You could do the same with Archery. Larry Wise's Book sold. It had some good stuff and a lot of BS. You have more information to share than Larry Wise.---You could sell it on this forum and the other brand x forum.
Hoyt1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Too much work, then you got to pay taxes... but Thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
Supermag

Supermag is on a distinguished road

If you want to avoid the taxes you could just write it and post it here free

Sorry, no ideas to get around the work part though.
Supermag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
RickyM

RickyM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
Too much work, then you got to pay taxes... but Thanks
You just talk, and get somebody else to type it.
Gold Tip Shooting Staff
Ktech Designs Shooting Staff
RickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:29 AM   #5
Allen

Allen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermag View Post
If you want to avoid the taxes you could just write it and post it here free

Sorry, no ideas to get around the work part though.
Not a bad idea Supermag.

A lot of the information that would be in JAVI's book is already been written on this and other forums. I have 10 - 20 of his posts saved. Put together an outline of topics to cover and he's already written a good portion of it.

With permision from Mike & Chris, we could do 90% of the work right here.

What would you guys like to see covered in "JAVI's Archery Manual"?
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:06 AM   #6
Hoyt1945

Hoyt1945 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Not a bad idea Supermag.

A lot of the information that would be in JAVI's book is already been written on this and other forums. I have 10 - 20 of his posts saved. Put together an outline of topics to cover and he's already written a good portion of it.

With permision from Mike & Chris, we could do 90% of the work right here.

What would you guys like to see covered in "JAVI's Archery Manual"?
I have made copies of JAVI"S post on this forum and AT and refer to my javi notes often when I'm messing around with my hoyt cams.-----"JAVI's Archery Manual " would also be some good reading material for the bathroom.
Hoyt1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #7
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Guys... I'd say 85% of what I know about this game is already available to you in book form and the remaining 15% is nothing more than personal tweaks and teaching methods. The truth is; very little in archery is “NEW.” Some coaches want you to believe they have somehow managed to “FIND” the magic bullet that will instantly turn everyone into champions, but no one has that bullet in their arsenal; it doesn't exist.

The secret to shooting well in competitive archery is repetition and all any of us can teach you is what we individually consider to be the easiest form to repeat. However, any form can be repeated if you are willing to put the time in to make it so. All we coaches do is provide short cuts, road maps and occasionally pull you out of the bar ditch but only “YOU” can get you to the final destination through hard work and commitment.

I've been asked before to put my knowledge on paper, but like I said it's already on paper from many of the greats in the game all you have to do is look. I much prefer to do my coaching on a personal basis than to write in a shotgun style hoping to hit something once in a while.

Thanks..

Last edited by JAVI; 01-22-2010 at 09:41 AM.
JAVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
TomT

TomT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
Guys... I'd say 85% of what I know about this game is already available to you in book form and the remaining 15% is nothing more than personal tweaks and teaching methods. The truth is; very little in archery is “NEW.” Some coaches want you to believe they have somehow managed to “FIND” the magic bullet that will instantly turn everyone into champions, but no one has that bullet in their arsenal; it doesn't exist.

The secret to shooting well in competitive archery is repetition and all any of us can teach you is what we individually consider to be the easiest form to repeat. However, any form can be repeated if you are willing to put the time in to make it so. All we coaches do is provide short cuts, road maps and occasionally pull you out of the bar ditch but only “YOU” can get you to the final destination through hard work and commitment.

I've been asked before to put my knowledge on paper, but like I said it's already on paper from many of the greats in the game all you have to do is look. I much prefer to do my coaching on a personal basis than to write in a shotgun style hoping to hit something once in a while.

Thanks..
Do you stll use that quirt on students that don't foller yer directions?
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote