Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed will become famous soon enough
Default B-Stinger Freestyle XL and Premier

Been noticing quite a few of these at indoors. I know the carbon is said to be both lighter and much stiffer than currently available from any competitor.

Anyone ditch their previous stab for an XL or Premier? If you have, was the difference immediate and noticable?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Diffiantly good stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
Been noticing quite a few of these at indoors. I know the carbon is said to be both lighter and much stiffer than currently available from any competitor.

Anyone ditch their previous stab for an XL or Premier? If you have, was the difference immediate and noticable?

I think think they will be my next stabilizer.

B stinger for BHFS class. You certianly cant argue with those who are winning with Blairs stabilizers.
DB
Old 01-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
hstubblefield

hstubblefield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hstubblefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
I think think they will be my next stabilizer.

B stinger for BHFS class. You certianly cant argue with those who are winning with Blairs stabilizers.
DB
Looking to get a 8" for hunting
hstubblefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

I'm using a 30" premier with a 12" side right. Yes they are nice bars and give you a lot adjustment in weight placement.

But

No they are not magic....if you had a crappy set of bars before then you'll see improvement, but if you had a properly weighted and balanced bow before then you won't notice a huge gain, your biggest gain will be the easy of adding and taking away weight.

Hind sight being king........If I had it to do over, I would look at Coach Bernies bars over on AT.....they are just as stiff(he claims stiffer) with good looking weights at a fraction of the cost.............

Now I'll set back and wait for the B stinger army to attack.....they should be here anytime...zzzzzzz....wait for itzzzzzz wait for itzzzzzzwait for itzzzzz..........
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
Huntelk

Huntelk is on a distinguished road
Default I agree across the board Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
I'm using a 30" premier with a 12" side right. Yes they are nice bars and give you a lot adjustment in weight placement.

But

No they are not magic....if you had a crappy set of bars before then you'll see improvement, but if you had a properly weighted and balanced bow before then you won't notice a huge gain, your biggest gain will be the easy of adding and taking away weight.

Hind sight being king........If I had it to do over, I would look at Coach Bernies bars over on AT.....they are just as stiff(he claims stiffer) with good looking weights at a fraction of the cost.............

Now I'll set back and wait for the B stinger army to attack.....they should be here anytime...zzzzzzz....wait for itzzzzzz wait for itzzzzzzwait for itzzzzz..........
The B-Stingers are ok. I especially like the nearly infinite weight adjustment. There are a ton of "kool-aid" drinkers" out there that want you to believe they are the holy grail. I have Doinkers on my indoor bow and B-Stinger Premier's on my 3-d bow. I sure am not in any hurry to drop over $300 to replace the Doinkers.

As far as the BHFS guys winning with B-Stingers I can say from my years of shooting that class that which 12" stab you use has VERY LITTLE to do with how you shoot. Proper weight and balance with the length limitation can be accomplished with most ANY manufacturer's product.

I'd have to throw the "BS" flag on anyone that said that they gained points going from one properly weighted 12" stab to another properly weighted 12" stab.
Huntelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
Daniel Boone

Default Bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
The B-Stingers are ok. I especially like the nearly infinite weight adjustment. There are a ton of "kool-aid" drinkers" out there that want you to believe they are the holy grail. I have Doinkers on my indoor bow and B-Stinger Premier's on my 3-d bow. I sure am not in any hurry to drop over $300 to replace the Doinkers.

As far as the BHFS guys winning with B-Stingers I can say from my years of shooting that class that which 12" stab you use has VERY LITTLE to do with how you shoot. Proper weight and balance with the length limitation can be accomplished with most ANY manufacturer's product.

I'd have to throw the "BS" flag on anyone that said that they gained points going from one properly weighted 12" stab to another properly weighted 12" stab.
I garantee there a difference in 12" stabilizers. Absorbing shock from a short draw stabilizer is a must. It hard for me not to shoot the archery Kinectic stabilizer. I can tell a difference in AEP, Doinker and B Stinger. Actually have shot many and ever ones a little difference.
DB

I can find several that told me personally they gained points with B stingers and these are the guys winning at the top level.

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 01-22-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:

yep... difference in the feel of the shot... yes

but points... nope

That's Koolaid
Old 01-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #8
Daniel Boone

Default Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
yep... difference in the feel of the shot... yes

but points... nope

That's Koolaid

So points cant be gained by equipment? Finding what works well for each shooter will get you points. Why you update equipment then?
DB
Old 01-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
So points cant be gained by equipment? Finding what works well for each shooter will get you points. Why you update equipment then?
DB

Come on Dan...

A bow that is balanced to your style of shooting is balanced to your style of shooting.. If the mass weight is the same, then there is no difference except feel (vibration on the shot). And I've never thought of vibration after the release to be a factor in my shooting.. your results may vary..

The main differences in stabilizers (except vibration dampening) is weight and weight distribution. Some bows lend themselves to a particular stabilizer primarily because of the rods ability to place the weight in the right place and in the right amount. A heavy mass weight rod is not as easily balanced to most bows as one that is lighter and allows the weight to be placed as needed... But if you are willing to hold the added weight even a heavy rod can be balanced..

Tell me you changed rods and balanced your bow "better" and I'll vote YES, but tell me the brand made the difference and your bow is balanced exactly the same and I'll call BS...

Last edited by JAVI; 01-22-2010 at 12:30 PM.
JAVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #10
Daniel Boone

Default Feel

Quote:
Come on Dan...

A bow that is balanced to your style of shooting is balanced to your style of shooting.. If the mass weight is the same, then there is no difference except feel (vibration on the shot). And I've never thought of vibration after the release to be a factor in my shooting.. your results may vary..

The main differences in stabilizers (except vibration dampening) is weight and weight distribution. Some bows lend themselves to a particular stabilizer primarily because of the rods ability to place the weight in the right place and in the right amount. A heavy mass weight rod is not as easily balanced to most bows as one that is lighter and allows the weight to be placed as needed... But if you are willing to hold the added weight even a heavy rod can be balanced..

Tell me you changed rods and balanced your bow "better" and I'll vote YES, but tell me the brand made the difference and your bow is balanced exactly the same and I'll call BS...
You said feel which will help one shoot better. Not just balance. Stabilizers can make a big difference. Been disscussed by several and yes they can make a difference. Carbon compared to steel. There is a difference.
DB
Old 01-22-2010, 12:40 PM   #11
JAVI

Quote:
You said feel which will help one shoot better. Not just balance. Stabilizers can make a big difference. Been disscussed by several and yes they can make a difference. Carbon compared to steel. There is a difference.
DB
Yep... there is a difference between Steel & Carbon... weight and dampening effect.. but Like I said.. vibration after the release is a moot point unless you let it creep into your head.. the arrow is gone..

Now the weight thingy... can be major... but again... balanced is balanced unless the mass weight is changed then there can be a difference..
Old 01-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #12
Huntelk

One "real" advantage of the Stinger movement is the service they offer to shooters. Blair and his crew have helped many shooters get "balanced" for their first time ever.

Their "hands-on" approach is exemplary. They have set so many bow variations up that they can get almost anyone VERY close over the phone even.

This is a service that I have not seen from Doinker, Cartel, Shibuya or even Easton. AEP offers this service and is at many large shoots as is Bernie.

There are some huge variations and "feels" to freestyle length stabs, but I truly feel there is very little you can do with a 12" stab to gain points if the mass weight/balance is the same.

When it comes down to dampening vibration the B-Stingers REALLY fall short of other choices. The Doinker Carbon Elite is pretty tough to beat IMO.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #13
JAVI

Dan, the new B-Stinger and the new Doinker both look good, plus I'm sure that other manufacturers have great new products on the market. Everyone has to decide on the flavor of Koolaid they want today..
Old 01-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #14
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default were talking 2 different critters.....

FS and BHFS stabilizers

I think the b stinger has done so well and made it's biggest impact with BHFS equipment, because it is one of the first BHFS stabilizer that added enough weight to the bow to make a difference in how the bow held. Most BHFS stabilizers before that were mostly made of rubber and alumiummmmm and were focused mostly on vibration control instead of how it made the bow hold.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #15
Daniel Boone

Default Early years

Quote:
One "real" advantage of the Stinger movement is the service they offer to shooters. Blair and his crew have helped many shooters get "balanced" for their first time ever.

Their "hands-on" approach is exemplary. They have set so many bow variations up that they can get almost anyone VERY close over the phone even.

This is a service that I have not seen from Doinker, Cartel, Shibuya or even Easton. AEP offers this service and is at many large shoots as is Bernie.

There are some huge variations and "feels" to freestyle length stabs, but I truly feel there is very little you can do with a 12" stab to gain points if the mass weight/balance is the same.

When it comes down to dampening vibration the B-Stingers REALLY fall short of other choices. The Doinker Carbon Elite is pretty tough to beat IMO.
Most used Bomar stabilizer and before that it was the Okie stabilizer for BHFS. But to make a statement that stabilizers dont make a difference is diffiantly not the case for myself. B-stinger do deaden the shot so much I could not get use to the feel. B-stinger simple work and work well. There well designed for a purpose and in the last few years have won more tournmanets than any other stabilizer and aint because Blair paying big bucks.
DB
Old 01-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #16
Daniel Boone

Default Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
FS and BHFS stabilizers

I think the b stinger has done so well and made it's biggest impact with BHFS equipment, because it is one of the first BHFS stabilizer that added enough weight to the bow to make a difference in how the bow held. Most BHFS stabilizers before that were mostly made of rubber and alumiummmmm and were focused mostly on vibration control instead of how it made the bow hold.
Garantee more BHFS classes have been won with them lately. Apparently they work pretty darn well.
DB
Old 01-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #17
Daniel Boone

Default Mike you being an engineer

Quote:
Dan, the new B-Stinger and the new Doinker both look good, plus I'm sure that other manufacturers have great new products on the market. Everyone has to decide on the flavor of Koolaid they want today..
Understand there more than just balance in stabilizers today. Pick the one that works for you but when you cant beat them dont bash them for sure, not saying you bashing. B stinger are impressive how many top shooters are using them and winning. I certianly aint going to say there nothing to them when folks are kicking butt with them and not just a few.
DB
Old 01-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #18
Daniel Boone

Default Huntelk

Quote:

Pick up the phone and talk to Blair. Balance isnt what makes them work. Yes there designed to make the bow drop forward.
There was alot of thought going into that stabilizier and Blair knows how to stop vibration. If you smart enough to disscuss with Blair and understand he pretty smart fellow. Heck I dont even use them but realize how much went into the design of them.
DB
Old 01-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #19
BuckeyeRed

Doesn't Bernie use the same carbon that Doinker uses? I know the new Doinker Avancee and Fatty's are supposed to be stiffer than what the Doinker a-bomb, but B-stinger still claims theirs is lighter and stiffer.

I'm not expecting to add points persay, more like an extra X or 2 in a round.

Also been claims that Reo and other top pro shooters had or have been paying for these stabilizers w/ their own money they liked them so much??
Old 01-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #20
Daniel Boone

Default Reo and others

Quote:
Doesn't Bernie use the same carbon that Doinker uses? I know the new Doinker Avancee and Fatty's are supposed to be stiffer than what the Doinker a-bomb, but B-stinger still claims theirs is lighter and stiffer.

I'm not expecting to add points persay, more like an extra X or 2 in a round.

Also been claims that Reo and other top pro shooters had or have been paying for these stabilizers w/ their own money they liked them so much??
Those guys can shoot any stabilizers out there. They choose Blairs for reason.
DB
Old 01-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #21
BuckeyeRed

Quote:
Those guys can shoot any stabilizers out there. They choose Blairs for reason.
DB
I hear ya, story was just that they were still sponsored by a diff company when they switched.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #22
Daniel Boone

Default Jesee Broadwater

Quote:
I hear ya, story was just that they were still sponsored by a diff company when they switched.
When Jesee shot that amazing score at outdoor nationals it got the attention of many. Especially when Jesee gave alot of credit to those stabilizers.
Often times its just a matter of finding what works for you.
DB

I have seen Hopkins shot alot of different stabilizers well.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #23
JAVI

Quote:
Understand there more than just balance in stabilizers today. Pick the one that works for you but when you cant beat them dont bash them for sure, not saying you bashing. B stinger are impressive how many top shooters are using them and winning. I certianly aint going to say there nothing to them when folks are kicking butt with them and not just a few.
DB
Dan I think it is the stiffness of the rod and the fact that very stiffness allows you to place the weight farther out which is the real improvement. But again there is a difference in the balance of the bow if you take advantage of that trait. The older Doinker rods would not allow the use of several ounces of weight on the end of the rod without becoming whippy...
Old 01-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #24
My-Time

My-Time is on a distinguished road

Here you go, have a look at this footage. Click on the high speed clip.

http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy118/stihlpro/?
Old 01-22-2010, 09:23 PM   #25
BuckeyeRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by My-Time View Post
Here you go, have a look at this footage. Click on the high speed clip.

http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy118/stihlpro/?

Awesome footage.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #26
300mag

300mag is on a distinguished road
Default I saw a difference in how the bow held

I was scepticle also, and I borrowed one from a friend. Within the first 1-2 shots, I noticed how the bow held better than my old stabilizer. True, that you can get the bow to balance with the right weight combination on any stabilizer combinations, but I noticed a difference on how the bow and the pin floated on the target. What b-stinger is claiming is that the stiffer carbon recovers better when holding on target Before the shot breaks when you are trying to hold steady. Because of this, its moment of inertia and momentum recovers to where you are aiming quicker. The doinker vibration thing on the end of a stabilizer is working against you all the time because it is bending all the time. This doinker thing is nice for vibration but not good for holding steady. Is the b-stinger stabilizer it going to help a good shooter yes how much is to be determined. Will a good shooter shoot good with a broom stick on their bow yes. These stabilizers is somehting that you will have to try for yourself and make a determination.
300mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #27
JAVI

Sorry....

I saw nothing in the video that indicated the bow would be more accurate with one stabilizer over the other. What I saw was a dampening effect after the arrow was gone... while this may or may not affect "YOUR" shot is going to be a subject of debate I'm sure.. I heard the speaker mention the dampening effect of the stiffer rod when settling in for the shot and that I I can see and feel but the video canít catch that.

Again, I agree that as the stiffness of the material increases it will allow more weight to be placed on the front end and a longer rod to be used; both of which can be of benefit only if the individual can utilize the increase in mass weight without adverse effect. For years it has been a challenge to find a balance between the length, weight, and flex of the front rod. Iíve tried multi-rod, aluminum, carbon and combinations of all of the above with mixed results.
The benefit of increasing the length of the front rod and of adding weight concentrated at the extreme is easy to demonstrate to anyone using a common household broom or mop.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:50 AM   #28
JAVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300mag View Post
I was scepticle also, and I borrowed one from a friend. Within the first 1-2 shots, I noticed how the bow held better than my old stabilizer. True, that you can get the bow to balance with the right weight combination on any stabilizer combinations, but I noticed a difference on how the bow and the pin floated on the target. What b-stinger is claiming is that the stiffer carbon recovers better when holding on target Before the shot breaks when you are trying to hold steady. Because of this, its moment of inertia and momentum recovers to where you are aiming quicker. The doinker vibration thing on the end of a stabilizer is working against you all the time because it is bending all the time. This doinker thing is nice for vibration but not good for holding steady. Is the b-stinger stabilizer it going to help a good shooter yes how much is to be determined. Will a good shooter shoot good with a broom stick on their bow yes. These stabilizers is somehting that you will have to try for yourself and make a determination.
This I agree with.... however one could put the weight directly to the front of a Doinker rod as well, the rubber thingy will unscrew. And some have already done this, the limiting factor is going to be the flex of the rod.

The only advantage I see to the B-Stinger rod is the stiffness and the fact that he makes larger diameter weights which condense the weight distribution.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #29
My-Time

Well we will see this weekend at LAS shoot. B-Stingers will be put to the test that's for sure!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #30
JAVI

Quote:
Well we will see this weekend at LAS shoot. B-Stingers will be put to the test that's for sure!
Somehow I think it's the archers that are being tested...
Old 01-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #31
mrpibb

mrpibb is on a distinguished road

What stabilizer did Reo shoot last year when he shot 660?
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #32
My-Time

Quote:
Somehow I think it's the archers that are being tested...
Mike no doubt about it , it's def the man behind the bow.

Last edited by My-Time; 01-23-2010 at 09:47 AM.
My-Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #33
My-Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb View Post
What stabilizer did Reo shoot last year when he shot 660?
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToE8tEkdzV8
Old 01-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #34
Ron Meadows

Ron Meadows is on a distinguished road

Actually, Reo was still shooting Doinkers at LAS last year. He was shooing in the lane next to a good buddy of mine so I got to see him make history. He had so much weight on the end of his main bar that you could see it sag on the end when he was aiming......

Quote:
Ron Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #35
Huntelk

Reo was still shooting the Doinkers when he won the outdoor 600 round in Yankton too.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #36
Daniel Boone

Default B Stinger

Quote:
Reo was still shooting the Doinkers when he won the outdoor 600 round in Yankton too.
I noticed many of the pros using them. I also noticed the guy who won the money class at KC in BHFS was shoot a B Stinger.

Bottomline there good stabilizers and many are winning with them.

Broadwater just won the Nimes European championship with them this weekend as well.

Hoyt and B Stinger seem to be having a banner year again.

I did ask a couple of the pros there if they noticed a big difference with them and most said you need to shoot them to see the difference.

Hacker won the mens using a Doinker.

Still have to be a shooter to win.
DB
DB
Old 01-25-2010, 09:14 AM   #37
mrpibb

mrpibb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I noticed many of the pros using them. I also noticed the guy who won the money class at KC in BHFS was shoot a B Stinger.

Bottomline there good stabilizers and many are winning with them.

Broadwater just won the Nimes European championship with them this weekend as well.

Hoyt and B Stinger seem to be having a banner year again.

I did ask a couple of the pros there if they noticed a big difference with them and most said you need to shoot them to see the difference.

Hacker won the mens using a Doinker.

Still have to be a shooter to win.
DB
DB
My point exactly!!! No doubt B Stinger makes a great product either!!
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #38
BuckeyeRed

Anyone know how much the Premiere XL rods weigh w/ out wts? Been looking for this for a while and can't find an answer.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #39
Daniel Boone

Default Weight

Quote:
Anyone know how much the Premiere XL rods weigh w/ out wts? Been looking for this for a while and can't find an answer.
Looks like you can add as nuch weight on the end as you want. Best bet is to call and ask them'
DB
Old 01-25-2010, 11:05 AM   #40
BuckeyeRed

Quote:
Looks like you can add as nuch weight on the end as you want. Best bet is to call and ask them'
DB
I'm looking for wt. just of the unweighted bar.

I suppose you're right about the call, I'm just afraid if I call and talk to him I will place an order . I'd still like to wait till the shop gets them in to try before dropping $350 on a trial run.