Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #41
JawsDad

JawsDad is on a distinguished road

JAVI, I've always enjoyed reading your posts. I've never met you but I tend to believe what you post. That is due to your time and experience in and around the sport. You seem to approach everything with a level of logic and realism. I appreciate your voice of sanity in this over hyped advertising world in which we all now live. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to you for being willing to state your opinion whether it's popular or not.
JawsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #42
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
I'm looking for wt. just of the unweighted bar.

I suppose you're right about the call, I'm just afraid if I call and talk to him I will place an order . I'd still like to wait till the shop gets them in to try before dropping $350 on a trial run.
You will not be the first guinea pig. We've already had the first guy buy one. As soon as I can get Blair on the phone to explain how to setup my customers, I'll get them ordered in.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #43
BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You will not be the first guinea pig. We've already had the first guy buy one. As soon as I can get Blair on the phone to explain how to setup my customers, I'll get them ordered in.
Sweet! Hype or not I'd like to give them a look.

Do you have any Doinker Avancees on order as well?
Old 01-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #44
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sweet! Hype or not I'd like to give them a look.

Do you have any Doinker Avancees on order as well?
No Doinkers at this time. We are still trying to decide if we are going to carry Doinker this year.

John will be here Saturday to shoot his league score and he'll have the Bstinger. What length would you be interested in?
Old 01-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #45
BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
No Doinkers at this time. We are still trying to decide if we are going to carry Doinker this year.

John will be here Saturday to shoot his league score and he'll have the Bstinger. What length would you be interested in?
30" or 33" and the 12" side bar. Their adjustable sidebar mount as well.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #46
hstubblefield

hstubblefield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hstubblefield

Quote:
30" or 33" and the 12" side bar. Their adjustable sidebar mount as well.
I just put the 30" with 12" side bar on mine and it balaced my bow out alot better and holds like a rock really pleased with mine right now
hstubblefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #47
Chris
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstubblefield View Post
I just put the 30" with 12" side bar on mine and it balaced my bow out alot better and holds like a rock really pleased with mine right now
Where did you place the weights and how much weight in each location?

Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #48
hstubblefield

hstubblefield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hstubblefield

Quote:

Thanks
Keep it with 3 weights on front put 2 weights on the end of the Side bar angled down and just a little out a tad.I will try to get some pics up

Last edited by hstubblefield; 01-26-2010 at 08:21 PM.
hstubblefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:49 AM   #49
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Thanks

I got 6 on the front 30" bar and 12 on my 12" side which is pointing down around 45 degree.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #50
rodney482
I love this stuff

rodney482 is on a distinguished road

maybe it was the new factor or my doinker wasnt doing its job but I increased several points my first 3d shoot when I switched to a B-stinger.

AHC
Old 01-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #51
JBUTLER

JBUTLER is on a distinguished road

I have a set of the Premiers. I went with a 36" front and one 15" side bar. I've never been one to use any weight in the front but on this setup I have 2 oz on the front and 6 oz on the side bar. They have been saying that one one side bar is the way to go but you don't really know till you try it. Jeff Hopkins was using two 15" rods as V Bars at the Lancaster shoot so I guess you just have to experiement. Great product though!
JBUTLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #52
bobby22

bobby22 is on a distinguished road
Default b stinger

you should be running a 1 to 5 ratio. If you have 2 on the front you should be running around 10 on the side bar..
bobby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:21 AM   #53
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Talked with Blair last night

I got mine coming.

Reo, Chance, Dan Mcarthey, Jesse Broadwater and Jeff Hopkins are using something and tell me it made a big difference I listen. Just contact Blair and talk to him. He very intelligent and very nice guy.

Im looking forward to trying his new system of blance of stabilizers.
DB
Old 02-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #54
jame

jame is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
I noticed many of the pros using them. I also noticed the guy who won the money class at KC in BHFS was shoot a B Stinger.

Bottomline there good stabilizers and many are winning with them.

Broadwater just won the Nimes European championship with them this weekend as well.

Hoyt and B Stinger seem to be having a banner year again.

I did ask a couple of the pros there if they noticed a big difference with them and most said you need to shoot them to see the difference.

Hacker won the mens using a Doinker.

Still have to be a shooter to win.
DB
DB

Hacker didnt win with a Doinker. He won with a Fuse.
jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #55
jame

jame is on a distinguished road

Stabilizers are aiming devices. Its all about getting them balanced the shooter likes. Vibration after the shot isnt nearly as much a factor as getting the bow to balance and aim well. Its how the shooter behind the bow likes his bow set up. Either balanced or weight forward. With most good stabilizers out there today you can acheive the balance you want. There is no magic in any stabilizer out there. The magic is between your ears. Getting confident behind your equipment is key but it still all comes down to the shooter behind the equipment.
jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #56
Daniel Boone

Default Jame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jame View Post
Stabilizers are aiming devices. Its all about getting them balanced the shooter likes. Vibration after the shot isnt nearly as much a factor as getting the bow to balance and aim well. Its how the shooter behind the bow likes his bow set up. Either balanced or weight forward. With most good stabilizers out there today you can acheive the balance you want. There is no magic in any stabilizer out there. The magic is between your ears. Getting confident behind your equipment is key but it still all comes down to the shooter behind the equipment.
Just ask Jeff Hopkins and Levi why they switched and how its helped them. They will give you honest answer.

Will see who stabilizers on are what bow when Vegas is all over with. Maybe they might help!

Blair gives a fulll money back garantee if you dont like them. Hard to argue with that!
DB

Reo sure seems to be having a banner year.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #57
JawsDad

Quote:
Just ask Jeff Hopkins and Levi why they switched and how its helped them. They will give you honest answer.

Will see who stabilizers on are what bow when Vegas is all over with. Maybe they might help!

Blair gives a fulll money back garantee if you dont like them. Hard to argue with that!
DB

Reo sure seems to be having a banner year.

Congrats on the purchase DB. I'll be interested to see how they work for you. These bars have certainly revved the hype machine into full gear the past several months. I tried the original XL bar and did not find it to be anything special, but I never had the opportunity to try the new Premier bars.

But, remember, that guarantee only extends to the short bars... The premier bars are your for keeps, like it or not..
Old 02-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #58
Huntelk

Huntelk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jame View Post
Well stated Jame, I think you have hit the nail on the head!
Huntelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #59
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Kind of like I told one of my students when he asked me if I thought he should get a set after he talked to Blair... “If it makes you all warm and fuzzy feeling to have a set of the latest & greatest, then by all means get 'em. After all it's your money and you're grown”
Old 02-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #60
Daniel Boone

Default Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
Well stated Jame, I think you have hit the nail on the head!
Im quessing many will be shooting these before long. Winning as well.
DB
Old 02-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #61
Daniel Boone

Default Garanteed money back garantee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
Kind of like I told one of my students when he asked me if I thought he should get a set after he talked to Blair... “If it makes you all warm and fuzzy feeling to have a set of the latest & greatest, then by all means get 'em. After all it's your money and you're grown”
Doesnt cost you a dime, except maybe some time. When enough archers tell me there scores improved after trying them. World class archers. I take that serious and will always take the archers word. Shoot what works for you!
DB
Old 02-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #62
Daniel Boone

Default Will see

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawsDad View Post
Congrats on the purchase DB. I'll be interested to see how they work for you. These bars have certainly revved the hype machine into full gear the past several months. I tried the original XL bar and did not find it to be anything special, but I never had the opportunity to try the new Premier bars.

But, remember, that guarantee only extends to the short bars... The premier bars are your for keeps, like it or not..
Blairs always been more than fair to me. You get what you pay for. Having Blair and his stabilizers is like having a coach that goes along with them. He helped many top guns archers. I would rather those in my class dont shoot them
DB
Old 02-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #63
mrpibb

mrpibb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Im quessing many will be shooting these before long. Winning as well.
DB
Ask him what he has on his 3d bow DB, lol couldn't resist
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #64
Huntelk

Huntelk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb View Post
Ask him what he has on his 3d bow DB, lol couldn't resist
Keep it up Pibb and you will be sleeping in the bath tub in Gainesville

If you go back to the first page of this thread I stated that I am using the premiers on my 3-D bow. i stated how well I like the infinite weight adjustability.

I also stated how I feel they are not the "holy grail".

The B-Stingers are a good stabilizer. My point is akin to Javi's and Jame's in that there are a lot of great stabilizers out there and that most of the difference between them is MENTAL.

This being a MENTAL sport, I had to try them just to appease my mind. Now that I have done that, I have every bit of confidence in my Doinkers (still on the indoor bow) as I do in my B-Stingers (on the 3-d bow).

If I thought there was a nickle's difference between the two, you would have seen my Doinkers in the classifieds two months ago!

But hey, Reo and Jesse are winning while using B-Stingers....Oh wait a minute, they were winning before they got B-Stingers

They were winning with vantage and pro-elites but are now winning with contender elites ......oh what's a guy to do?
Huntelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #65
Chris
Administrator

I ordered some B-stingers. Hopefully they are in stock and I'll have them soon. We are looking into stocking these but I have to try them first.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #66
Daniel Boone

Default Hunt elk

Quote:

If you go back to the first page of this thread I stated that I am using the premiers on my 3-D bow. i stated how well I like the infinite weight adjustability.

The B-Stingers are a good stabilizer. My point is akin to Javi's and Jame's in that there are a lot of great stabilizers out there and that most of the difference between them is MENTAL.

This being a MENTAL sport, I had to try them just to appease my mind. Now that I have done that, I have every bit of confidence in my Doinkers (still on the indoor bow) as I do in my B-Stingers (on the 3-d bow).

If I thought there was a nickle's difference between the two, you would have seen my Doinkers in the classifieds two months ago!

But hey, Reo and Jesse are winning while using B-Stingers....Oh wait a minute, they were winning before they got B-Stingers

They were winning with vantage and pro-elites but are now winning with contender elites ......oh what's a guy to do?
Wow then Jessee and Reo didnt switch to them because they work?

Jessee one that as done nothing but talk very good about them. I doubt very seriously he is lying when he said they work best for him and have helped him improve his scores.
DB
Old 02-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #67
JawsDad

Quote:
Blairs always been more than fair to me. You get what you pay for. Having Blair and his stabilizers is like having a coach that goes along with them. He helped many top guns archers. I would rather those in my class dont shoot them
DB

Understood.. Just wanted to clarify that the return policy is on the hunter stabs only.. That point came up on AT today and it was explained that there is no 30-day return for the long bars.. Either way, I hope they work for you...

Like I said, I haven't tried the Premier bars. To me, the XL's did not seem to be any different than quite a number of other bars on the market. But, then again, I'm not the level of shooter that might see a big advantage by using them..
Old 02-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #68
Daniel Boone

Default Jawsdad

Quote:
Understood.. Just wanted to clarify that the return policy is on the hunter stabs only.. That point came up on AT today and it was explained that there is no 30-day return for the long bars.. Either way, I hope they work for you...

Like I said, I haven't tried the Premier bars. To me, the XL's did not seem to be any different than quite a number of other bars on the market. But, then again, I'm not the level of shooter that might see a big advantage by using them..
Have you ever tried to contact and talk persoanally with Blair. I highly recommend you do and then maybe you will understand what others have found in his stabilizers. Its more than just buying a stabilizer. Sometimes they do design a better wheel.
DB
Old 02-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #69
JawsDad

Quote:
Have you ever tried to contact and talk persoanally with Blair. I highly recommend you do and then maybe you will understand what others have found in his stabilizers. Its more than just buying a stabilizer. Sometimes they do design a better wheel.
DB
Yep, I spoke with him when I ordered my XL's originally. At the end of the day, all you can really do is either add or subtract weight and change the angle of your vbars.. You can't move the weight around and you can't vary the length or configuration.. Not really any magic there. Even a goober like myself can figure out how to screw and unscrew weights..

I know there are a lot of guys swearing by them these days.. I'm sure there have been some benefits to those that have switched in whatever form those benefits may take.. But, for me, I don't see it.. I've had this debate with the swarm of b-stingers on AT before including the kings B's themselves. I still believe it's a stabilizer, a good one yes, but still a stabilizer. Seems most of those big names that have switched were shooting pretty stinkin' good before they switched. Perfect before and perfect after is still perfect..
Old 02-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #70
Daniel Boone

Default All I know.

Quote:
Yep, I spoke with him when I ordered my XL's originally. At the end of the day, all you can really do is either add or subtract weight and change the angle of your vbars.. You can't move the weight around and you can't vary the length or configuration.. Not really any magic there. Even a goober like myself can figure out how to screw and unscrew weights..

I know there are a lot of guys swearing by them these days.. I'm sure there have been some benefits to those that have switched in whatever form those benefits may take.. But, for me, I don't see it.. I've had this debate with the swarm of b-stingers on AT before including the kings B's themselves. I still believe it's a stabilizer, a good one yes, but still a stabilizer. Seems most of those big names that have switched were shooting pretty stinkin' good before they switched. Perfect before and perfect after is still perfect..
Is what the pro tells me. If Im taking advice. I want it from someone who winning. Maybe there a good reason they switched and are winning. Winning often is the difference in one shot or one point. I realize this and so do Jessee and other good shooters. Should I think these folks have no understanding what works and what doesnt. Jawsdad who do you listen to? Self coached! Im not near as smart as some who shoot. But I do know who to get advice from.
DB

PS

If all you got is add or subtract weight. You certianly didnt listen very well. Because I got alot more from him. We disscussed wrist and torgue and what works when your hitting high or low. Tim Ewers may have decided to not listen he may not have went home and shot a 300 30X.

DB

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 02-02-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #71
mrpibb

Quote:

hehe, rubbin's racin!!!! And we will decide who's sleepn in the tub after day one!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #72
JawsDad

Quote:
Is what the pro tells me. If Im taking advice. I want it from someone who winning. Maybe there a good reason they switched and are winning. Winning often is the difference in one shot or one point. I realize this and so do Jessee and other good shooters. Should I think these folks have no understanding what works and what doesnt. Jawsdad who do you listen to? Self coached! Im not near as smart as some who shoot. But I do know who to get advice from.
DB

PS

If all you got is add or subtract weight. You certianly didnt listen very well. Because I got alot more from him. We disscussed wrist and torgue and what works when your hitting high or low. Tim Ewers may have decided to not listen he may not have went home and shot a 300 30X.

DB

You win, I'm evidently completely wrong.. My apologies for having a contrary opinion than "the pros".

Enjoy your bars DB. I hope they get you that extra X or 2 you need to get back to that 60x. I'll get back to self coaching and someday I'll aspire to get there myself..

Last edited by JawsDad; 02-02-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #73
Daniel Boone

Default Works for me

Quote:
You win, I'm evidently completely wrong.. My apologies for having a contrary opinion than "the pros".

Enjoy your bars DB. I hope they get you that extra X or 2 you need to get back to that 60x. I'll get back to self coaching and someday I'll aspire to get there myself..
What ever works for you! Maybe travel and get Javi to help coach you. I know what works for myself. No contest here, no one wins. Its a thread
DB

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 02-02-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #74
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

An rod of sufficient elastic modulus will allow more weight forward on a longer rod without whip. Plain and simple larger diameter weights allow more weight in a smaller linear area reducing the flexing load on the rod...

Make the front rod longer and put more weight on it and the bow will move less…

it ain't rocket science it's high school physics and geometry..

Blair found a carbon tube of higher elastic modulus without unduly increasing weight and is buying it to make stabilizers.. good for him…

you reckon other folks ain’t gonna buy the same carbon tube in a New York minute…
Old 02-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #75
Daniel Boone

Default Blair

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
An rod of sufficient elastic modulus will allow more weight forward on a longer rod without whip. Plain and simple larger diameter weights allow more weight in a smaller linear area reducing the flexing load on the rod...

Make the front rod longer and put more weight on it and the bow will move less…

it ain't rocket science it's high school physics and geometry..

Blair found a carbon tube of higher elastic modulus without unduly increasing weight and is buying it to make stabilizers.. good for him…

you reckon other folks ain’t gonna buy the same carbon tube in a New York minute…

Took a simple concept and made a good stabilizer. Many good pros and amatuers are winning with them ever day. Now will someone one day down the line make one better. I sure hope so because in my years of archery equipment has changed and made archers better shooters. I wish it was as simple as many try to make it. But when I talk to archers who devoted there life to archery. They tweak and look for equipment to help there game.
DB
Old 02-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #76
My-Time

My-Time is on a distinguished road

DB, good luck with your new set stabs. Just hope that sight pitcure said els down when you mount those new stingers to your bow.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #77
Daniel Boone

Default You think

Quote:
Originally Posted by My-Time View Post
DB, good luck with your new set stabs. Just hope that sight pitcure said els down when you mount those new stingers to your bow.
I sure hope so! Thats the goal. No magic equipment. Just the seek to find what works.

Javi and Huntelk both are good friends and always alot of fun to disscuss with. They know to never take anything I say in a thread personal.
DB
Old 02-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #78
mrpibb

Huntelk dishes it out as well as he takes it!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #79
Daniel Boone

Default Few years

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb View Post
Huntelk dishes it out as well as he takes it!!!
He will be carrying the kids bow around the range. Son will be kicking his tail.
DB
Old 02-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #80
JawsDad

The one thing I've learned is there is no positive outcome when it comes to discussing this particular stabilizer. Tried it on AT without success, same goes here.. I guess I'm just the odd duck that doesn't get it..

For some reason, I seem to shoot better with more weight closer to the riser. Put my bow on a scale tonight and it tipped just over 10 pounds. After some extended shooting, it does let me know that I need to get back in the gym. My shot put days are long behind me..