Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
Ange

Ange is on a distinguished road
Default sight shim/block

Hey guys, do any of ya know of a shim or block that I could use to raise my sight mount? I'm shootin' a Hogg-It and my pins are up in the top of the sight picture and I'm pretty much bottomed out on vertical adjustment. I'd like to center up the pins in the sight so as to see targets better. I've seen Spott Hogg's drop mount, does anybody know if you can use that upside down? I kind of doubt it? I got access to a mill, and thought about makin one but thought yall might know of a product out there I aint seein...
Old 02-04-2010, 05:19 AM   #2
Hoyt1945

Hoyt1945 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange View Post
Hey guys, do any of ya know of a shim or block that I could use to raise my sight mount? I'm shootin' a Hogg-It and my pins are up in the top of the sight picture and I'm pretty much bottomed out on vertical adjustment. I'd like to center up the pins in the sight so as to see targets better. I've seen Spott Hogg's drop mount, does anybody know if you can use that upside down? I kind of doubt it? I got access to a mill, and thought about makin one but thought yall might know of a product out there I aint seein...
Have you tried moving your peep. You can change your pin postions by sliding your peep up or down. I'm thinking moving your peep up will give you more room at the top of your sight window. Try it in both directions and see what happens. I'm sure there is someone on this forum that can help you with your problem.

Last edited by Hoyt1945; 02-04-2010 at 05:23 AM.
Hoyt1945 is offline   Reply With Quote