Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone tried these dots

Gunstar.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/prod...oducts_id=2745
Old 02-10-2010, 07:49 AM   #2
mrpibb

mrpibb is on a distinguished road

Lots of the guys at our shop are shootin them DB. I have not, as I shoot a true spot. But those that are seem to like them.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
Daniel Boone

Default Oosterlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb View Post
Lots of the guys at our shop are shootin them DB. I have not, as I shoot a true spot. But those that are seem to like them.
Chris Who won the mens pro in KC does something like this to his dots. So does Chris Berry on his up pin for BHFS. When really good shooters are using them. I take notice of the small things.
DB
Old 02-10-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
mrpibb

I have tried dots in the past, I tend to try and look over the top of them so the dual lens works for me. I know alot of the top shooters are using dots though, and every x counts. May have to give them another go next year. Just not in the middle of the season.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
Daniel Boone

Default Dual Lens

Quote:
I have tried dots in the past, I tend to try and look over the top of them so the dual lens works for me. I know alot of the top shooters are using dots though, and every x counts. May have to give them another go next year. Just not in the middle of the season.
Are you talking about a tru spot type lens? Freestyle I shoot this type of lens as well. Only promblem I have at times is getting on wrong target or spot
DB
Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 AM   #6
mrpibb

Yes DB, I have a true spot and another lens (not sure who makes it), but both do the same thing. I shoot with both eyes open and don't seem to have a problem finding my target. This just seems to be the picture my mind is the most comfortable with right now. I shoot a classic with blue up pin for 3d and tend to hold at 6 oclock with it, so I can see what I'm shooting at. gets me in trouble some times though. Gotta work on some aiming drills so I can hold in the middle.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
Daniel Boone

Default Pm Javi

Quote:
Yes DB, I have a true spot and another lens (not sure who makes it), but both do the same thing. I shoot with both eyes open and don't seem to have a problem finding my target. This just seems to be the picture my mind is the most comfortable with right now. I shoot a classic with blue up pin for 3d and tend to hold at 6 oclock with it, so I can see what I'm shooting at. gets me in trouble some times though. Gotta work on some aiming drills so I can hold in the middle.
Pm Javi or call Mike sometime. We talked about 45 minutes about this yesturday. Not looking at the pin and focussing on it. You ought to consider going to Mike sometime for some coaching. Think you would be impressed.
No none sense coach.
DB

Heck we might run down there together for weekend.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #8
ES21

ES21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Pm Javi or call Mike sometime. We talked about 45 minutes about this yesturday. Not looking at the pin and focussing on it. You ought to consider going to Mike sometime for some coaching. Think you would be impressed.
No none sense coach.
DB

Heck we might run down there together for weekend.
Were they talking about this in a good way??? This is how I shoot also. I love to see what I'm wanting to hit.
ES21 is offline   Reply With Quote