Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 12-03-2008, 11:03 PM   #41
bfisher

bfisher will become famous soon enough

How come I gotta do all the work? Here's the best I can do. If it doesn'twork it isn't my fault.

www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3211343

Entitled: Message from Len
Worldwide Scuba Diver
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:02 AM   #42
dbdcougar
He Who Drops His Bow Arm

dbdcougar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
OK, there is a good link on one of the other sites---hunting.net---an assessment by the one and only----Len in Maryland.

You can read it for yourself, but it makes sense. In short, with the increased rearward pressure on the cable rod it can become a virtual projectile in the event that the cable rod come loose from the bow.

Think about this. What holds most cable rods in a bow? Most often it's a setscrew. In some bows the rod is just epoxied into the riser. What happens if, at full draw, the rod becomes dislodged. Where is it going?

STRAIGHT BACK.

I hadn't thought of that - impressive, not that I was going to buy one anyway.
dbdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #43
trophytaker75

trophytaker75 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
OK, there is a good link on one of the other sites---hunting.net---an assessment by the one and only----Len in Maryland.

You can read it for yourself, but it makes sense. In short, with the increased rearward pressure on the cable rod it can become a virtual projectile in the event that the cable rod come loose from the bow.

Think about this. What holds most cable rods in a bow? Most often it's a setscrew. In some bows the rod is just epoxied into the riser. What happens if, at full draw, the rod becomes dislodged. Where is it going?

STRAIGHT BACK.
Their is no rear pull on a normal cable rod just side pressure once you install this new gimmick their is rear tension as it is holdin the cables from sliding this is what will cause you rod to come loose if the set screw on the gizmo dont fail first.
trophytaker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #44
King Country
New Zealand

King Country is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How come I gotta do all the work? Here's the best I can do. If it doesn'twork it isn't my fault.

www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3211343

Entitled: Message from Len
We leave you to do all the work cos you're the awesomest
Was thinking that little thing could be a bit of a winner, but after reading that, reckon I'll give it a miss, or at least see how it pans out (the first few to try it can be cannon fodder!).
Will have to wait and see, it could be completely safe, and one of the best inventions since the beer fridge. Of course, if it is as dangerous as some have said, we could try turning the bow around and sticking vanes on it
King Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #45
ciscokid

ciscokid is on a distinguished road

Did anyone noticed that the bowturbow was mounted much closer to the riser than the natural position of the factory cable slide when they installed it?

IMO, that is key to making it faster. So all i have to do to accomplish the same thing is to move my cable slide forward about 2-3 inches and lock it down!

Biggest concern of course is safety. If i would try one... i would replace the factory cable slide rod with a metal one.

I just hate modifying something without checking with the factory first!

One can survive everything, nowadays, except death, and live down everything except a good reputation.
ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #46
Gizmo2310

Gizmo2310 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyryder View Post
From what I can tell doesn't it shorten your cable length which would make your draw longer and increase your poundage ?? But still that was quite a increase in FPS Might work............
You're right, is adds length to the DL, adds poundage, and reduces let off, any of the three will increase speed.

www.bkarchery.com
T.R.U. Ball Release Aids
Speciality Archery
Victory Arrows
Bohing Archery
Gizmo2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #47
Robinhooder3
arrow splitting expert

Robinhooder3 is on a distinguished road

if you read the faqs it says it doesn't increase poundage or draw length and it doesn't alter the bow structure.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #48
Looney Bin
At least I admit Im Crazy

Looney Bin is on a distinguished road

I'm not too keen on the whole set screw to the cable rod. It could work safely, but I'd have to see it in person before I would even consider it. I think I'd rather change the string and cable measurements to preload the limbs
Looney Bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:15 PM   #49
dbdcougar
He Who Drops His Bow Arm

dbdcougar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinhooder3 View Post
if you read the faqs it says it doesn't increase poundage or draw length and it doesn't alter the bow structure.
dbdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #50
archerykid12

archerykid12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinhooder3 View Post
ok it may say it doesnt but the fact of the matter is it has to cant get energy from nothing so it has to do atleast one of those things
archerykid12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:46 PM   #51
monkybrainz
Patriot till Death...

monkybrainz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
exactly, nothing's free. to get that much more energy out, you have to put more into it. that thing doesnt undo physics......
I agree with the point on physics, though i seen magnetic motors produce more without equal input, and the speed was shown as being faster...ill follow this one to see where it go's... safty is a big concern
monkybrainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:34 AM   #52
bwiz

bwiz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bwiz

In my opinion, two things need to be addressed to safely install and shoot on a bow. First the draw weight going into the install would have to be low enough to not overstress the limbs (which would be hard for the layman archer to accurately measure). And second, the cable rod would have to be secured better than is typically done by the manufacturers.
I personally do not want to have an injury to my face or torso, let reason prevail. For most people, my advice is to keep the bow within manufacturer's specs. And for the rest of you, you know who you are! LOL BE CAREFUL, we'd miss you on this site.
Great Sales and Service at www.oneidabows.net
bwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:44 AM   #53
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Nope definately not for me. Sounds way too dangerous and the whole part about not increasing DW or DL is a bucket of manure.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #54
Chico5118

Chico5118 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Bowturbow

I recently purchased a bowturbow (yes, I'm a normal archer who has to have the latest gadget). I've tried it on my CONCEPT Mini-29, and although I don't understand the mechanics behind it, I must admit, THIS THING WORKS! When you put it on in place of a slide, you need to adjust it back and forth until you find the 'sweet spot' for your bow. Once that's located, you're golden. It actually does smooth out the shot, the bow's noticibly quieter, and faster (I haven't gotten the chance to chrono it yet, but my pin gap decreased quite a bit). The only thing I want to point out is that you will need to serve your cables throughout the areas they will roll across the wheels. I actually like this product so much, that I'm getting two more...one for my PARKER and one for my finger-shooting HOYT.
Chico5118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #55
kebees4

kebees4 is on a distinguished road

I know 2 guys that put them on there hoyt target bows. I asked about draw weight and length and was told it never changed. The one guy is a bow dealer.
They picked up 16 FPS on the bow that was 53#. I don't know what the other bows weight is. He picked up 15 FPS. They do work but I don't know why.
http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm
kebees4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #56
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

Ya I know a guy at my club who put one on his Hoyt target bow when he got his new strings and cables put on and after about 15 shots it chewed thru his cables and broke em. brand new strings right in the trash. I am a speed freak but you can keep that perticular gadget

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:48 AM   #57
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----

Slippy will become famous soon enough

this contraption won't be going on any of my bows but it does get you more speed no doubt about that fact cause thats fiction.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #58
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

I know some say it doesn't change draw length or weight. I have to say my results show differently.

Here is the link to our Bowturbow results
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #59
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Wink

I'll pass on this idea ,thanks Chris !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:26 AM   #60
kebees4

kebees4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Ya I know a guy at my club who put one on his Hoyt target bow when he got his new strings and cables put on and after about 15 shots it chewed thru his cables and broke em. brand new strings right in the trash. I am a speed freak but you can keep that perticular gadget
These guys I know using them have been shooting them all summer. The one guy said he had trouble getting cable to track right at first. Had to play around getting it in right place to work. They shoot 3D almost every weekend. I am not promoting them but they do work. I won't put them on my bow. It is almost the same thing that are on some of the Mathews from the factory.
http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm
kebees4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #61
1DevineShooter

1DevineShooter is on a distinguished road

As someone with a 25"DL I can tell you that anything that can increase the speed of my bow 15-20fps is something that has my attention. I have been watching the bowturbo from a distance for quite some time now. From those that have used it I have heard mixed reviews. Seems like some love it and some weren't impressed. One person I talked to said it increased their speed by a whopping 4fps. Haven't heard anything that would make me want to run out and try it - yet.

One of the main reasons that I haven't wanted to mess with it is that after talking to Alpine corporate about it, they told me it would void my warranty on my bow. I have a source at both PSE and Martin corporate offices that both said the exact same thing. They also said that Matthews and Hoyt had told them the same thing. Just thought you guys might want to know.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #62
Pinwheel1969
#1 THREAD KILLER

Pinwheel1969 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMustFall View Post
I have to agree,no reason to lie about a product,it always seems like these negative attitudes are the norm with archers,when these kind of products come out.looks like a great product,i hope it works out cause i sure would like one myself.............
yeah.. we all know that no manufacturer lie's or stretches the truth about there products. Not saying they are. But the Windstalker was huge for awhile and promised the world to archers about all the bonus's with using one compared to the stock ones. And having Staff shooters and now they are non-existant.. We will see when more people try them. I would like to see one up close though....
I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
RANGER BOW STRINGS
Pinwheel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:01 AM   #63
Chico5118

Chico5118 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation chewing up cables

In response to Radar's posting: "Ya I know a guy at my club who put one on his Hoyt target bow when he got his new strings and cables put on and after about 15 shots it chewed thru his cables and broke em. brand new strings right in the trash. I am a speed freak but you can keep that perticular gadget".

I'd like to re-iterate that the cables need to be served in order to protect them. It's not listed in the company literature, but it needs done. Take a look at matthews bows and others that use a roller cam system, and you'll see that their cables are served to protect them.

Relating to the changes in draw weight/length, I spoke to the rep from Bowturbow, and he told me that the draw weight will increase SLIGHTLY.
The device needs to be moved front/back on the bar until you find the 'sweet spot' where the gain in speed is the greatest without increasing draw weight dramatically.
Chico5118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #64
sandman

sandman is on a distinguished road
Default interesting...

i owned a bow built in the 70's. it had 2 small pully's on the riser. you had to run the cables over them to increase the poundage to max. you could also change the draw weight with them as well in 5 pound increments. so it looks like an new twist on an old idea. come to think of it i wish i still had that bow. good shooter.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #65
runt

runt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to runt
Default dont buy it.... more trouble than its worth

i just purchased one of these bowturbow piece of junk.. with in 50-60 shots i started to noitice string wear on a brand new set of strings that had maybe 100 shots on them.. lets just say for 79.95 from the dealer it aint worth the money.. i'm gonna have to eat the 29.95 for the offset rod cause i shoot a pse i had to cut it so it would be short enough and it would not leave enough room for my qad dropaway. i also had to retime my dropaway.. i noitced more noise also from my bow when i drawed it back.. the only thing i can say about it is that it made it a lil smoother to draw.. it will be back in the mail
runt is offline   Reply With Quote